Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #33

Best Brotherhood Chapter  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which BoS chapter is your favorite?

• Lost Hills (California)
    • The Citadel (Lyons)
    • Prydwen (Maxson)
    • Hidden Valley (Mojave)
    • Chicago (Rogue Brotherhood)
    • Appalachia (Taggerdy or Expeditionary Force)

35 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

How are they getting along with your daughter? My little sister scares my cat cause she hugs him all the time XD

Is this the same little sister who beat Dark Souls before she learned her multiplication tables? Cause she scares me too and I’ve never even met her.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Is this the same little sister who beat Dark Souls before she learned her multiplication tables? Cause she scares me too and I’ve never even met her.

She beat the first third of Dark Souls before she learned her multiplication tables XD She's almost six now, time flies. 

Kinda funny; Witcher-con happened and after showing off a trailer for the second season of the show, CD showed a new gampleay trailer...and it was a fucking Pokemon Go clone with a Witcher skin devoloped by the Chinese  :rofl:Reaction was so bad they took down the trailer, and reuploaded it a few days later, and it's still getting mass-downvotes 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You would think after the utter trashing they recieved from their own fanbase about Cyberpunk, they'd know showing off a mobile-game when everyone's anticpiating a new Witcher game is a fucking horrible idea. What the fuck were they thinking?

I don’t know why they thought this was a good idea, either.

But I’m also unsure why anybody would be expecting news of a Witcher game so soon after Cyberpunk. CDPR spends many years working on their games. They’re not gonna be pushing them out one or two years apart like Ubisoft or Activision.

Actually, I’m not sure why they’d expect another Witcher at all, for that matter. Since the trilogy is done and the story concluded.

17 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t know why they thought this was a good idea, either.

But I’m also unsure why anybody would be expecting news of a Witcher game so soon after Cyberpunk. CDPR spends many years working on their games. They’re not gonna be pushing them out one or two years apart like Ubisoft or Activision.

Actually, I’m not sure why they’d expect another Witcher at all, for that matter. Since the trilogy is done and the story concluded.

I keep hearing rumors of a spin-off in 3's engine that has a "lower-scope" then the other games, so I presume people thought it was going to be that. 

Anyone last couple of years have been a PR nightmare for them, I guess it was probally something mandated by coporate. 

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I keep hearing rumors of a spin-off in 3's engine that has a "lower-scope" then the other games, so I presume people thought it was going to be that. 

If people are upset at CDPR that some rumors didn’t come true, I don’t know what to tell them. It’s not their fault people decided to expect something they never promised.

Though even if the rumors are true, it’s still incredibly optimistic to assume this Witcher game would be coming so soon after Cyberpunk. Has everyone forgotten that CDPR has only released four games in fourteen years? They take their time with this stuff.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:21 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

How are they getting along with your daughter? My little sister scares my cat cause she hugs him all the time XD

She loves them and they are doing just fine. They don’t even flinch when she pulls their hair.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:56 PM, The Good Doctor said:

What kind is the one on the left! Looks like a shepherd. Very cute. 

They are both Blue Merle Aussies. Cooper is a pure bred and Marni is a mini

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

9 hours ago, Centurion said:

They are both Blue Merle Aussies. Cooper is a pure bred and Marni is a mini

Nice. I thought they looked like aussies but I wasn’t sure. I’ve got an aussie-blue heeler mix who has similar coloring around the face, but shorter hair overall. I love herding dogs; they’ve got a lot of personality.

On 7/9/2021 at 4:23 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

I was replaying Dead Space 2 last night; it's super fun XD Creepy, but way less scary then 1 though. Kinda gives an Alien versus Aliens feel. It has one sequence that's far scarier then anything in 1 though.

I take back what I said a few years ago, a Necromorph outbreak would be far worst then a Flood one 

BOOM BABY

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

51 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Doctor disagreed, and has a point, it's just choosing which horrible way you'd prefer to die XD

Had a thought. Don’t necromorphs straight up kill you while the Flood infects and turns you? If it’s the case that Flood victims are still alive and trapped, then that makes it much worse than I was thinking before.  

29 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Had a thought. Don’t necromorphs straight up kill you while the Flood infects and turns you? If it’s the case that Flood victims are still alive and trapped, then that makes it much worse than I was thinking before.  

Unless its accidentally not killed you like the case of Jenkins in Halo: The Flood, it always kills or at least severs the spin and brain stem of its host. 

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Unless its accidentally not killed you like the case of Jenkins in Halo: The Flood, it always kills or at least severs the spin and brain stem of its host. 

What about Keyes? His consciousness still remained and could perceive things right up until Chief finally put him down, even though he’d been infected and turned long before.

We also see with the Prophet of Regret that they can still very much be alive within the organism, just with virtually no control or autonomy unless it permits them to.

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

What about Keyes? His consciousness still remained and could perceive things right up until Chief finally put him down, even though he’d been infected and turned long before.

We also see with the Prophet of Regret that they can still very much be alive within the organism, just with virtually no control or autonomy unless it permits them to.

Keys is a weird situation where the Flood is forming a Gravemind, we happen to find the mass while in a proto-gravemind state. At least with combat forms, the host is killed or severed from their own nervous system as the norm. Graveminds and proto-graveminds could make exceptions being higher level consciousness from an infection form.

31 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Keys is a weird situation where the Flood is forming a Gravemind, we happen to find the mass while in a proto-gravemind state. At least with combat forms, the host is killed or severed from their own nervous system as the norm. Graveminds and proto-graveminds could make exceptions being higher level consciousness from an infection form.

But Keyes started as a combat form. He got infected underground when all the other Marines did. The scene in the book is pretty descriptive in giving his POV of the transformation, in fact. He loses consciousness after it messes with his spinal chord, then comes to again much later with memories of being part of the Flood, then tries to resist further takeover shortly before Chief kills him.

The Flood seemingly singled him out only after it took over his mind and learned that his knowledge could be used to pilot a ship.