Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #33

Best Brotherhood Chapter  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which BoS chapter is your favorite?

• Lost Hills (California)
    • The Citadel (Lyons)
    • Prydwen (Maxson)
    • Hidden Valley (Mojave)
    • Chicago (Rogue Brotherhood)
    • Appalachia (Taggerdy or Expeditionary Force)

I diss the BoS a lot because I think Bethesda relies on them way too much, but tbh they are such a cool faction conceptually. This poll was actually a tough choice for me, because they all bring something good to the table.

I think the Mojave chapter gave us the best characters. Or at least the largest number of really good ones. Veronica, Elijah, McNamara, Paladin Harding etc. are all really great and give us a lot to think about.

But Lost Hills is just so badass and gets bonus points for being the OGs. They freaking stormed Mariposa when it was full of super mutants! 

I ended up going with the Midwest. I just love the concept of a group of them going rogue, completely forgetting their roots, and going native after forming what amounts to a protection racket that brings them in regular close contact with the Wastelanders they defend. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I diss the BoS a lot because I think Bethesda relies on them way too much, but tbh they are such a cool faction conceptually. This poll was actually a tough choice for me, because they all bring something good to the table.

I think the Mojave chapter gave us the best characters. Or at least the largest number of really good ones. Veronica, Elijah, McNamara, Paladin Harding etc. are all really great and give us a lot to think about.

But Lost Hills is just so badass and gets bonus points for being the OGs. They freaking stormed Mariposa when it was full of super mutants! 

I ended up going with the Midwest. I just love the concept of a group of them going rogue, completely forgetting their roots, and going native after forming what amounts to a protection racket that brings them in regular close contact with the Wastelanders they defend. 

It’s definitely a tie between the OG lost hills brotherhood and Maxsons bos for me.

i like the lost hills bos in F1 because they weren’t complete chodes and the history there with it literally being founded by the man, the myth, the legend Roger Maxson himself is dope, plus if we could go there in a modern game I’m sure the lore would be phenomenal.

Maxson’s brotherhood because how could you not? Vertibirds, the Prydwen, manufacturing there own power armor. Plus they’ve returned to their roots with a little bit of humanitarianism in there is cool

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

5 minutes ago, Centurion said:

i like the lost hills bos in F1 because they weren’t complete chodes

This definitely helps. XD I like it when factions are competent, and this was the BoS at their most competent.

Maxson’s lot is indeed very cool as well, and even though they’re not my favorite BoS, they’re still my favorite faction in Fallout 4 by leaps and bounds. Arthur himself is a great character, and yeah, they get bonus points for style. :lol: 

I don’t know if I’d say he’s returned the BoS to their roots, because he’s still in flagrant violation of the codex, but he is definitely closer than Lyons, and tbh he is better off for not following the codex. New Vegas makes it pretty clear that this is killing them back West.

I wonder if Veronica would support Maxson. He is basically doing what she wanted McNamara to do. Only hang-up I could see is her finding him too extreme against the synths and muties, but even then, I don’t see her going against him on it. She would have loved Lyons, I think.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

The OG Brotherhood does have in my opinion on of the most intimidating figures, Paladin Rhombus.

He wouldn't be so much compared to future games, but in the wasteland of Fallout 1, you best hope you dont piss him off. Thankfully my character talked himself out of getting curbed stomped when I was trespassing.

• Like 1

I mean Arthur says he misses Lyons and says he tries to keep some of his lessions close to heart, he's just very pragmatic and knows the fucked up world there in. He's still using his power to create his idea of a better world, and the Brotherhood in 4, while far more zealotic then the former West Coast, is more reaonable then the other chapters. More or less he dropped alot of Lyons "soft" rules, but still wants to build up territory to protect the common folk, just like Lyon. Kinda funny cause Ashur considers Lyons a jobber, despite them being both disillusioned and pissed off at the OG Brotherhood's tenants of neutrality and not meddling in the affairs of the world XD

I still think these boys and girls are underated. My favorite random encounter in 3 XD

maxresdefault.jpg

Enclave trainee: Don't shoot! We surrender! We fragged our lieutenant - we just want some water!
Outcast: (laughs) We're not softies like Lyons's bunch. We're the real Brotherhood of Steel. This is how we deal with people like you. *Commits warcrimes on pieces of shit who deserve it* 

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Kinda funny cause Ashur considers Lyons a jobber, despite them being both disillusioned and pissed off at the OG Brotherhood's tenants of neutrality and not meddling in the affairs of the world XD

Ashur’s problem was with the entire Brotherhood of Steel fundamentally. He considers their core mission lazy, believing that it is easier to loot the old word than it is to build something new, and that the BoS aren’t willing to put in the effort to do that.

That’s why I really wish the Pitt would not get ignored and actually develop into a powerhouse faction in the east. They are the only group we’ve seen with the means and the motive to actually build something. Even if it ends up being something bad, it would still make the world more interesting.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

This definitely helps. XD I like it when factions are competent, and this was the BoS at their most competent.

Maxson’s lot is indeed very cool as well, and even though they’re not my favorite BoS, they’re still my favorite faction in Fallout 4 by leaps and bounds. Arthur himself is a great character, and yeah, they get bonus points for style. :lol: 

I don’t know if I’d say he’s returned the BoS to their roots, because he’s still in flagrant violation of the codex, but he is definitely closer than Lyons, and tbh he is better off for not following the codex. New Vegas makes it pretty clear that this is killing them back West.

As for the roots discussion, I’m more saying that Maxson put them back on the path of collecting and preserving technology, while also protecting the people of the wasteland. Lyons went full retard on abandoning the BoS tenets, whereas Maxson still follows them for the most part, but has has evolved the BoS with the world. I like how his organization is structured with a well defined recruitment strategy, clear goals (preservation of technology, combating dangerous developments like the synths, and protection of the people by combating ghouls, supermutants, etc.), ranks being a little more fluid between the scribes, knights, and paladins. The old structure lended itself towards the isolation where as his structure lends itself toward and combative force. 

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

I like how his organization is structured with a well defined recruitment strategy, clear goals (preservation of technology, combating dangerous developments like the synths, and protection of the people by combating ghouls, supermutants, etc.), ranks being a little more fluid between the scribes, knights, and paladins. The old structure lended itself towards the isolation where as his structure lends itself toward and combative force. 

You’ve summed up better than I could why the BoS is far and away the best faction in Fallout 4. They’re the only one of the four mains that is really structured in a coherent way.

The Institute is a mess, the Minutemen barely have anything written about them, and the Railroad have no vision and are inconsistent in their views.

38 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@The Good Doctor Village Single-Player DLC announced, but they aren't saying what it is, only that it's because of fan demand there making it (wasn't in devolopment with the game) So who fucking knows what it will be. 

Joe Baker randomly in Europe for some reason. XD 

23 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Joe Baker randomly in Europe for some reason. XD 

It's going to be about the assualt on BSAA Europe; Chris gathers the other one-game characters; Carlos from 3, Sheeva from 5,, HUNK from 2, and Joe fucking Baker as some kind of Resident Evil suicide squad XD

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's going to be about the assualt on BSAA Europe; Chris gathers the other one-game characters; Carlos from 3, Sheeva from 5, and, HUNK from 2, and Joe fucking Baker as some kind of Resident Evil suicide squad XD

But why would he recruit all those others if he’s got Joe?