Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #33

Best Brotherhood Chapter  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which BoS chapter is your favorite?

• Lost Hills (California)
    • The Citadel (Lyons)
    • Prydwen (Maxson)
    • Hidden Valley (Mojave)
    • Chicago (Rogue Brotherhood)
    • Appalachia (Taggerdy or Expeditionary Force)

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

For real. Like where's all the fucking AAA games? XD I love indies, but at the same time, I want big budget shit.

Well AAA exclusives are kind of the only thing PlayStation ever has going for it, and they don’t seem to be putting those out like they used to.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well AAA exclusives are kind of the only thing PlayStation ever has going for it, and they don’t seem to be putting those out like they used to.

By the end of the PS4 gen, they were putting them out every few months, but right now it's only re-releases and super far off stuff XD

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

By the end of the PS4 gen, they were putting them out every few months, but right now it's only re-releases and super far off stuff XD

Really the only thing PS has got going on right now that I’m interested in is Ghost of Tsushima and the next God of War, which is a shame because they used to have loads.

Someone else pointed out to me that they’ve kinda become the "story-based over-the-shoulder third person action game" console, which feels about right. Even their best stuff fits the bill and even though I like a lot of those games, it’s getting kind of old to me. They’d benefit a lot from more variety.

58 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

More money in Capcom’s pocket means more chance of Dino Crisis. This pleases me. 

Dino Crisis needs to get in line with Asura's Wrath, Oniumusha, and Dragon's Dogma for cult classics Capcom hasn't touched and need sequels XD As annoying as it is to see IP's remain in the gutter; I think Capcom focusing on it's major 4 exlusivley for the last little bit (DMC, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, and Street Fighter) has been the right move; Capcom had a huge issue in the PS3/360 era making dozens of bargain bin IP games, and it ruined there image. This method means there focused, but still making record profits. Maybe this gen, they can branch out to there "second tier" IP's and give them the love and quality of their newer games XD

It's really good news; Resident Evil is like 25 years old now, the fact it's newest game is doing so well shows how strong the IP is. And it sends a message to other devs, "We can still roll in gamers cash with record sales, without throwing in micro-transactions and cutting costs". 

29 minutes ago, Centurion said:

@The Good Doctor so usually went I get really into fallout or Skyrim again I also want to write, but recently that hasn’t been the case. Hell I’m not even caught up on the rp’s. I think my last post was in like 2019 and I kinda feel bad about it

For me, reading is what gets me in the mood to write more than anything else. 

On 7/8/2021 at 12:43 AM, BigBossBalrog said:

@The Good Doctor @ColonelKillaBee

Apparently EA is going to unveil a Dead Space "re-imagining"/"reboot"/remake inspired by Resident Evil 2 REMAKE next month. It's kinda fucked that EA is crawling back to the genre after seeing how much money Resident Evil is making, despite the fact they murdered the series in the first place.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/02/new-dead-space-is-a-remake-in-the-style-of-resident-evil-2-says-rumour-14861807/

God, it better not suck or Ima be mad

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Could have just let the series die with dignity. Now they gotta dig it up from the grave and desecrate it further. Like they learned nothing from the series. Tsk tsk.

I wouldn't call Dead Space 3 dying with dignity XD

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I wouldn't call Dead Space 3 dying with dignity XD

XD come on it wasn’t the best in the series and there’s really dumb micro transactions but all in all it was still good. Tbh it meets the criteria of matrix trilogy too

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

XD come on it wasn’t the best in the series and there’s really dumb micro transactions but all in all it was still good. Tbh it meets the criteria of matrix trilogy too

It was a fun horror themed shooter, that was still disappointing compared to the other games XD

Anyway, Jedi Fallen Order was pretty gud, so hopefully EA stays the fuck away from the devolopment process. 

Dead Space 1- best

was the scariest, and a classic

Dead Soace 2- badass

Not as scary but still scary and added rule of fuckin cool. Isaac gets a voice and better armor, cooler mechanics. More epic.

Dead Space 3- basically Halo 3

Space Opera esque. Even more actiony than 2. Larger than life stuff, goes heavy on epic but doesn’t quite land on its feet as well as the previous two. Ending isn’t as satisfying as we’d hoped but still good.

DLC ending was cool as fuck tho

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Dead Space 1- best

was the scariest, and a classic

Dead Soace 2- badass

Not as scary but still scary and added rule of fuckin cool. Isaac gets a voice and better armor, cooler mechanics. More epic.

Dead Space 3- basically Halo 3

Space Opera esque. Even more actiony than 2. Larger than life stuff, goes heavy on epic but doesn’t quite land on its feet as well as the previous two. Ending isn’t as satisfying as we’d hoped but still good.

DLC ending was cool as fuck tho

That ending still fucks with my brain 

Humanity gets eaten by giant Necromorph moons and everyone dies. Series end. 

Bleakest shit 

22 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This pissed people off so much back then that I think it actually hurt the game’s reputation. Now it wouldn’t even stand out. XD 

I think there's that, but at it was even worse because of the crafting system. It was a horror game...that you could build all kinds of stuff with real money to make the game alot easier. 

I was replaying Dead Space 2 last night; it's super fun XD Creepy, but way less scary then 1 though. Kinda gives an Alien versus Aliens feel. It has one sequence that's far scarier then anything in 1 though.

I take back what I said a few years ago, a Necromorph outbreak would be far worst then a Flood one