Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #33

Best Brotherhood Chapter  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which BoS chapter is your favorite?

• Lost Hills (California)
    • The Citadel (Lyons)
    • Prydwen (Maxson)
    • Hidden Valley (Mojave)
    • Chicago (Rogue Brotherhood)
    • Appalachia (Taggerdy or Expeditionary Force)

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

One of the creators went on and on in an interview about how there is a lot of weight behind the last ten years of movies, and how big it all was, and how important it all was, and then he proceeded to say that his objective was explain whey all that previous stuff was "bullshit". 

So to answer your question, yes. Literally, yes. 

I mean that's pretty much alot of sequels in media history XDIt's to raise the stakes, the thing decides to excuse the plot of the first thing to increase the tension and stakes. Like Alien compared to Aliens "That was a single Drone, THIS IS AN ENTIRE HIVE OF XENOMORPHS"

Mind you it sounds like it was done in the worst possible way, and done in such a poor manner it's indvalidiating the movies and the mythos Marvel spent decades building. 

I kinda realllllllllly regret Bethesda didn't just make an official version of DUST. So let's get this straight, you FINALLY make a game that's set way closer to the Great War then all the other games, you want to put an emphasis or survival elements, you have one of the most gorgeous maps, and some of the coolest and creepiest mutants you've put in a Fallout game...and you turn it into an MMO-lite COOP looter shooter with heavy microtransactions....

Why can't we have an offical version of Zion Canyon from DUST XD

57927-0-1431472911.jpg

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

As long as it’s a non-canon "what if" scenario, I’d be game. Dust is really cool, but making it canon would ruin the west coast. 

Wouldn't even have to be DUST; just use the Mod's gameplay, trappings, and Survival Horror roots and set it in it's own different area that's canon to the series XD

Hell, Pittsburg would be perfect, cause the place is canoically a nightmarish shithole XD

• Like 2

Or some frozen part of North America; a theme of Frost and Ice would go well with an increase emphasis on survival and horror. 

Or some Northern part in Canada, like Nunavut or the Northwest Territories. Or if you want Murica, Alaska. 

Have Mutants inspired by Native American mythology, killer mutant Mooses who now eat humans, Polar Yao Guais, and Tribals who style themselves on Inuit tribes. XD Perfect setting for a Fallout Survival Horror game.

diana-franco-wendigo-artstation.jpg?1561

the-terror-eps-105-the-tuunbaq-img.jpg?w

666732b745e90301996be427ee0446e1.jpg

29 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The more I watch all these old movies; the more I realize, Hollywood was shit back then, and it's shit now XD

Effects have gotten better but I feel like there has been a notable decline in the writing quality from Hollywood. I don’t even think it’s a lack of talent, people just don’t seem to care or value a well-written story as much as they used to, including the writers themselves.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Effects have gotten better but I feel like there has been a notable decline in the writing quality from Hollywood. I don’t even think it’s a lack of talent, people just don’t seem to care or value a well-written story as much as they used to, including the writers themselves.

I can see that for sure, but i'm talking about there morals; been watching some of the documentaries that are included with the Criterion releases and there's all kinds of stories about corruption, actors being bullied by suits, directors getting refused funding by studio execs midway through production if they don't change something to be less politically offensive, studios forcing there directors to push political messages mandated by the goverment, it's a rat's nest and it looks like it's always been XD

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Kinda Expected more from the Walking Dead XD

No way AMC approved this knowingly. Some suits probably signed some papers without a clue what RE even is. And the Chinese knock-off design company they hired is laughing their way to the bank.

I was really interested in some local folklore after I watched Kwaidan, so I went to my local Indigo, and bought some books on the topic. Decided to read the one about Philippines first, it's some pretty fucked up shit XD There's a story about a Vampiric Demon called a  Manananggal that eats unborn fetuses XD With all this creepy shit, it kind of a wonder why Hollywood goes with boring ghosts and internet urban legends.

Y'all know the cutscene at the very beginning of Fallout 1 where a US soldier executes a Canadian rebel, notices he’s on a news camera, and then waves at at it all jolly-like?

It’s now my headcanon that the soldier was the Sole Survivor choosing the [sarcastic] option.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Y'all know the cutscene at the very beginning of Fallout 1 where a US soldier executes a Canadian rebel, notices he’s on a news camera, and then waves at at it all jolly-like?

It’s now my headcanon that the soldier was the Sole Survivor choosing the [sarcastic] option.

The signs of Raider Bob were there from the start XD

• Haha 1