Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #33

Best Brotherhood Chapter  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which BoS chapter is your favorite?

• Lost Hills (California)
    • The Citadel (Lyons)
    • Prydwen (Maxson)
    • Hidden Valley (Mojave)
    • Chicago (Rogue Brotherhood)
    • Appalachia (Taggerdy or Expeditionary Force)

29 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I take back what I said a few years ago, a Necromorph outbreak would be far worst then a Flood one 

Eh. Humanity gets stomped either way, so I don’t see how it’s far worse. The Flood would probably be quicker or more efficient about it since they’re far more intelligent once a Gravemind has formed, but we aren’t gonna last long against either. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Eh. Humanity gets stomped either way, so I don’t see how it’s far worse. The Flood would probably be quicker or more efficient about it since they’re far more intelligent once a Gravemind has formed, but we aren’t gonna last long against either. 

I have a few factors; violence. Halo, barring it's expanded universe stuff, dosen't show the excess violence and cruelty the Necromorph outbreak in 2 does. You see the entire outbreak. You have them ripping apart fleeing civillians, breaking into homes and killing elderly people sick in their beds, there's even a section were it's clear they killed an entire school worth of children. It's way more overt in the sheer horror these things would produce if they got loose in a cityXD

2; Flood infection is usually formed through physical contact with an infection form, while the Necro's are reanimated by a signal, which also causes 90 percent of people in the area to go fucking ballistic and insane. It's a way more effective system then the little popcorns going onto your face. 

And 3...the Necro's won. They devoured humanity, while the flood was defeated twice. 

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I have a few factors; violence. Halo, barring it's expanded universe stuff, dosen't show the excess violence and cruelty the Necromorph outbreak in 2 does.

That’s just it. Halo is less gruesome in its depiction because it’s an action game and not a horror game. If the Flood appeared in real life, they’d be way more terrifying than they are in the game.

2; Flood infection is usually formed through physical contact with an infection form,

Of which there are trillions. I wouldn’t say it’s remotely ineffective considering that they wiped out High Charity in a matter of hours.

And 3...the Necro's won. They devoured humanity, while the flood was defeated twice. 

The Flood would have easily devoured Dead Space humanity as well. Completely overtaking High Charity in less than a day is a far greater feat than destroying Earth in any amount of time.

The only two ways that the Flood has been stopped were killing all life in the galaxy to starve it, or getting them all on the same planetary body and blowing it up. We wouldn’t have those options in the real world.

I honestly don’t see how it’s not either a tie or at least very close. They’d both just devour everyone within the first day or two of arriving.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What otherworldly apocalyptic invasion would you choose if you had to try and survive in one? 

I don't know; whatever one that's somewhat painless and dosen't reanimate me to become necrotic flesh XD

When it comes to apocalyptic, Zombies always seem the safest bet. Pretty horrible way to die if your caught, but it's survivable. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I don't know; whatever one that's somewhat painless and dosen't reanimate me to become necrotic flesh XD

When it comes to apocalyptic, Zombies always seem the safest bet. Pretty horrible way to die if your caught, but it's survivable. 

This one would probably suck, but I’d probably go with the Army of Darkness just for the smack talk before they try to kill me. 

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

If EVERY (fucking) Zombie series show, it seems like the humans are more dangerous then the zombies in a Zombie outbreak, so just goes to show how lame the run of the mill zombie is XD

Yeah, zombies aren’t that bad really. Even fast ones aren’t really gonna be much of a threat if people are smart and have guns.

The 2005 War of the Worlds aliens might be a good choice. I mean, they are extremely deadly and the way they kill people is painful and disturbing, but if you can last a few days they’ll just die from bacteria and you’re good to go.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, zombies aren’t that bad really. Even fast ones aren’t really gonna be much of a threat if people are smart and have guns.

The 2005 War of the Worlds aliens might be a good choice. I mean, they are extremely deadly and the way they kill people is painful and disturbing, but if you can last a few days they’ll just die from bacteria and you’re good to go.

Even if their iconic, it's why Resident Evil always has other enemies or moves onto another B.O.W, zombies just aren't what they used to be when Romero was kickingXD

I remember watching that and thinking "Wait that's fucking it. The Bird's microorganisms got the?!" Most anti-climatic shit in existence XD

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Even if their iconic, it's why Resident Evil always has other enemies or moves onto another B.O.W, zombies just aren't what they used to be when Romero was kickingXD

I remember watching that and thinking "Wait that's fucking it. The Bird's microorganisms got the?!" Most anti-climatic shit in existence XD

To be fair, the classic Romero zombies are weak as it gets. Even in the OG Night of the Living Dead, they were only really a threat because the characters were trapped in the middle of nowhere. It even ends with a few guys with guns just passing through and killing them all.

Yeah, I liked that movie, but the ending felt like such a cop out. It wasn’t even really a 'war'.

22 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

To be fair, the classic Romero zombies are weak as it gets. Even in the OG Night of the Living Dead, they were only really a threat because the characters were trapped in the middle of nowhere. It even ends with a few guys with guns just passing through and killing them all.

Yeah, I liked that movie, but the ending felt like such a cop out. It wasn’t even really a 'war'.

I'm talking more genre saturation; when it was released it was pretty chilling depicting these undead abominations that can shrug off most damage. Shambling corpses that will rise from the ground and overwhelm you no matter how much you prepare. And then the copy cats came in and those kinds of zombies become a dime a dozen and its yawn inducing now. 

In the zombie resurgence of the last decade, I think the thing that made stuff like the Walking Dead so popular was infusing all the human drama into it rather then the zombies themselves. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

In the zombie resurgence of the last decade, I think the thing that made stuff like the Walking Dead so popular was infusing all the human drama into it rather then the zombies themselves. 

Which is funny because the best episode by far was the first one, and it was almost entirely just about a man fighting zombies and looking for his family. XD 

4 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Nexus right now is in fucking flames XD

:rofl: I tried to read that, but I spent like five minutes, looked down, realized I was only halfway through, and called it quits. XD That guy is wordy, repeats himself a lot, and seems pretty melodramatic ("without us, you are NOTHING!"). But I get his point and he’s probably not wrong. I doubt it’s legal for a site to remove a creator’s control over their work like that unless they sold them the rights to it (which I’m pretty sure they can’t do since profiting off of mods for Bethesda’s game isn’t legal either). If a person records their voice for a character and uses Nexus as a means to share those recordings, I doubt Nexus has the right to claim their voice.

9 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: I tried to read that, but I spent like five minutes, looked down, realized I was only halfway through, and called it quits. XD That guy is wordy, repeats himself a lot, and seems pretty melodramatic ("without us, you are NOTHING!"). But I get his point and he’s probably not wrong. I doubt it’s legal for a site to remove a creator’s control over their work like that unless they sold them the rights to it (which I’m pretty sure they can’t do since profiting off of mods for Bethesda’s game isn’t legal either). If a person records their voice for a character and uses Nexus as a means to share those recordings, I doubt Nexus has the right to claim their voice.

Aren't mods in a super legal gray zone as it is? Imagine bringing something like this to court, and the old judge is all confused at what the fuck is brought before him XD

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Aren't mods in a super legal gray zone as it is? Imagine bringing something like this to court, and the old judge is all confused at what the fuck is brought before him XD

Probably depends on where you are. I wasn’t under the impression that mods were not 100% owned by their creators due to the fact that they’re made using Bethesda’s brand and toolset. This is why projects like Skywind have to be entirely voluntary and can get shut down the moment a creator tries to earn a penny off of them. But Steam is a complete third party in the dynamic, not tied to Bethesda or the mod creators, so I don’t see how they could have any claim to the content. It’s a hosting site, like the internet equivalent of renting a room in an outlet mall to sell shoes from. The mall doesn’t have any right to those shoes.

But I’m just spitballing here. I really have no idea.