Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #33

Best Brotherhood Chapter  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which BoS chapter is your favorite?

• Lost Hills (California)
    • The Citadel (Lyons)
    • Prydwen (Maxson)
    • Hidden Valley (Mojave)
    • Chicago (Rogue Brotherhood)
    • Appalachia (Taggerdy or Expeditionary Force)

4 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Considering how yall usually respond, I'll take it I guess.

The problems we (or at least I) have with ESO isn't that your characters dont look cool. It's that ESO suffers from that generic armor/weapons problems that seemingly every mmo has.

To your credit, you do actually manage to make some really sick ass combinations like you did with the armor mixups when the Skyrim dlc dropped 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The problems we (or at least I) have with ESO isn't that your characters dont look cool. It's that ESO suffers from that generic armor/weapons problems that seemingly every mmo has.

Mine is more that the Skyrim stuff ended and I’ve kinda gotten burnt out on ESO again. Blackwood just looks like copycat Oblivion, so it’s hard for me to get excited for it. And as cool as outfits can be, and I do like seeing them, they don’t really give me much to talk about like the story and lore stuff does.

That, and I’ve been on something of a Fallout bender these last couple weeks, in case it’s not been obvious. XD Been reminding myself why I loved the series so much.

That's funny, it reminds me of another story. Apparently Kurosawa wrote an entire essay critiquing the Magnificent Seven, explaining how much it clashes with the original message of the Seven Samurai, and how he thinks it's foolish to try and adapt Japanese culture with America cinema, and wrote a tiny note at the end saying he still really enjoyed the film, and a few weeks later he sent the director, John Ford, a fucking sword with a little note saying he enjoyed his american remake XD I guess Japanese directors like sending swords to people... 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, a few months ago. It was my first one I’d watched. I liked it a lot, and it’s really fun and rewatchable. 

Some other good ones are Porsco Rosco (An italian pilot is cursed to become a pig, and deals with the fachist takeover of the Italian millitary) and Howl's Moving Castle. (Which is the darkest Ghibli film from the Disney Era) 

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Some other good ones are Porsco Rosco (An italian pilot is cursed to become a pig, and deals with the fachist takeover of the Italian millitary) and Howl's Moving Castle. (Which is the darkest Ghibli film from the Disney Era) 

Those are the ones I hear of most apart from the three I have seen. I might give them a watch some day. 

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I feel like we should be sending people Colt Peacemakers or something as a similar gesture.

"This is the greatest handgun ever made. The Colt Single Action Army. Six bullets... More than enough to kill anything that moves."

@The Good Doctor @ColonelKillaBee

Apparently EA is going to unveil a Dead Space "re-imagining"/"reboot"/remake inspired by Resident Evil 2 REMAKE next month. It's kinda fucked that EA is crawling back to the genre after seeing how much money Resident Evil is making, despite the fact they murdered the series in the first place.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/02/new-dead-space-is-a-remake-in-the-style-of-resident-evil-2-says-rumour-14861807/

I’ve been engrossed in Fallout recently. Right now I couldn’t get in an elder scrolls mood if I tried. Guess that’s what happens when the last game was 10 years ago. I’ve modded F4 into oblivion tho. Currently sitting at 258 active plug-ins. It actually feels like a true fallout game at this point. The main ones I recommend if you want a true fallout experience in F4 are “Boston Natural Landscapes- Trees” “Classic Holstered Weapons system” “Start Me Up” “Be Exceptional” and “Calamity Weathers”

basically makes it feel more like F3 with the classic Skill (legit skills) and Perk system from the older games. Also includes traits and stuff. Holstered weapons obviously. Trees mod makes the commonwealth believable over grown but not overdone.

also used my canon weapons list to add a Fuck load of new weapons to the game that weren’t out of place.

Edited by Centurion
  • Like 3

Fuck:dntknw:

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

I’ve been engrossed in Fallout recently. Right now I couldn’t get in an elder scrolls mood if I tried. Guess that’s what happens when the last game was 10 years ago. I’ve modded F4 into oblivion tho. Currently sitting at 258 active plug-ins. It actually feels like a true fallout game at this point. The main ones I recommend if you want a true fallout experience in F4 are “Boston Natural Landscapes- Trees” “Classic Holstered Weapons system” “Start Me Up” “Be Exceptional” and “Calamity Weathers”

basically makes it feel more like F3 with the classic Skill (legit skills) and Perk system from the older games. Also includes traits and stuff. Holstered weapons obviously. Trees mod makes the commonwealth believable over grown but not overdone.

also used my canon weapons list to add a Fuck load of new weapons to the game that weren’t out of place.

Kinda the reverse, i'm playing New Vegas with only a handful of mods, mainly Sawyer's Overhaul (which was made by the dev himself for a more hardcore exprience). with the others being bug fixes, engine fixes, and visual mods XD

I tried playing Skyrim a few weeks ago, and I was like nope....uninstalled it in a few hours, going to wait for that Director's Cut thing. 

• Like 1

The mods I graviate towards these days are light weight load orders, or single, giant total conversions. I just find having too many mods that change too much too much of a hassle to handle. XD

Speaking of which, Nexus has a new policy in which modders CANNOT remove there files anymore, which is causing all kinds of drama. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Kinda the reverse, i'm playing New Vegas with only a handful of mods, mainly Sawyer's Overhaul (which was made by the dev himself for a more hardcore exprience). with the others being bug fixes, engine fixes, and visual mods XD

I tried playing Skyrim a few weeks ago, and I was like nope....uninstalled it in a few hours, going to wait for that Director's Cut thing. 

My new Vegas is modded into a non-playable state and I don’t have the energy to fix it 😆 one thing I need to do is add all of my weapon mods into a merged .esl to cut down on the strain but it’s a lot of work that I don’t want to do

Fuck:dntknw:

7 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The mods I graviate towards these days are light weight load orders, or single, giant total conversions. I just find having too many mods that change too much too much of a hassle to handle. XD

That’s me as well. I either just make some slight edits, or I go convert it into something completely different for the fun of it.

I barely mod New Vegas. Some performance enhancers, Sawyer’s mod, a few little things like the Courier duster and character scars. Maybe some cut content and random encounters as well. Otherwise, I don’t like to mess with NV too much.

Fallout 4, I’ll mod to kingdom come, which can fix a lot of the gameplay but not some of the core issues I have with it. I haven’t found a setup that I find ideal, yet.

7 hours ago, Centurion said:

I’ve been engrossed in Fallout recently.

Same here. Like, it feels completely out of the blue but I’ve more been into Fallout lately than I’ve been in years. Reinstalled all the 3D games and played a lot of New Vegas already. I’m probably gonna replay Fallout 1 and 2 soon as well, after I’ve got a new computer. 

I’m eager to work on the Fallout RP too, it’s just that I’ve gotten a little rusty and all the writing I’m looking at now is kind of extensive (as in, more than a paragraph or two :P) and I’ve done a bad job of making time to sit down and focus on it. Doesn’t help that I’ve been working two hours a day longer than I used to.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Just give us a patch to increase the frame rates and I’ll be happy. 

I think if they were planning that, they would have done it already when the PS5 launched (Like Sekiro and Dark Souls 3). The only reason I see the delay is there making a Remaster.