Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #33

Best Brotherhood Chapter  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which BoS chapter is your favorite?

• Lost Hills (California)
    • The Citadel (Lyons)
    • Prydwen (Maxson)
    • Hidden Valley (Mojave)
    • Chicago (Rogue Brotherhood)
    • Appalachia (Taggerdy or Expeditionary Force)

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I was thinking more like them losing any ability to avoid predators and hunters but that might be a concern as well. XD

Then again, I don’t know anything about elk in Finland. Do they even have natural predators? Only thing I could imagine might be wolves, but they’re probably too big to be in danger from that. 

Don't they have Moose in Finland? Don't know a thing about them, but no animals fucks with Canadian Moose., barring shit like Grizzly Bears

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I changed my vote to Lost Hills out of pity and respect. 

But now I feel bad for Veronica and the Mojave. XD The BoS has some great sets of characters. 

Then again, I usually blow up the Hidden Valley chapter…

I used to like the Mojave chapter until I learned they send out a kill squad to murder Veronica and the Follower of the Apocalypse out of fear that she reveals their technology in some endings.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I changed my vote to Lost Hills out of pity and respect. 

But now I feel bad for Veronica and the Mojave. XD The BoS has some great sets of characters. 

Then again, I usually blow up the Hidden Valley chapter…

Cause you worship House XD

13 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I used to like the Mojave chapter until I learned they send out a kill squad to murder Veronica and the Follower of the Apocalypse out of fear that she reveals their technology in some endings.

I don’t believe those guys were sent. They acted on their own accord. If the Brotherhood survives and Hardin doesn’t take over, then Veronica’s ending will have her remain friendly with Brotherhood patrols even after all that went down.

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

But I usually kill House too…

Edit: He is right about them, though. XD And most things.

Edited by The Good Doctor

51 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

House entirely invalidates every other faction if the player wants any sort of advancement of mankind.

NCR? You've got a bootleg democracy that's killing itself back west and overstretching in the east. Give it fifty years after their victory if player sides with them, they'll collapse. 

Legion has a better long term but only if you're not tribal and roll up on your back the second they stroll in. Theres a reason House is genuinely horrified if you kill him in the name of Caesar. 

House is essentially an immortal genius, fuck yeah I'd want an unflinching autocrat ruling me instead of a surefire collapsing state or being enslaved. Only a wild card could think they could do better :P

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I just think he has some insane fans who think he's a literal god that can do no wrong (For the record, I don't consider Doctor part of the annoying ones at all XD)

I’m not sure why you considered me one at all. I’m even not a House supporter. XD 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I’m not sure why you considered me one at all. I’m even not a House supporter. XD 

I've always seen you talk about him in the highrest regard though XD

Anyways, i'm half-unironically with Father, let's burn the entire place down and fill it with Mutants. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh no I like House (He's my "canon" playthrough, unless you take DUST as what happened XD) I just think he has some insane fans who think he's a literal god that can do no wrong (For the record, I don't consider Doctor part of the annoying ones at all XD)

:rofl: 

I'm firmly in his camp (played every ending) but I certainly dont think hes a god that can do no wrong. I just think he can do the best job out of all our options 

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

2lyvfz.jpg

That is such a Dutch thing to do that I am seriously considering starting up a Dutch-inspired playthrough now. I feel like the game is full of options that would suit him perfectly.

Charisma: 10 (basically a cult leader)
Intelligence: 4 (but always pick the options that sound smart)
Agility: 8 (nasty quickdraw)
Luck: 1 (everything that can go wrong will go wrong, and then even more will)

Bad karma high speech cowboy build who constantly tries to get the most power and money possible while regularly backstabbing allies who are no longer useful in order to gain favor with new ones. Uses charms to get all of the companions on his side but treats them like crap until they die or abandon him. Absolutely loathes the NCR, Legion, and House and will have to wear disguises in their territory. Tries to "free" the Mojave but in the end leaves it worse than he found it. Ulysses is 100% right about what a negligent dumbass he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

House entirely invalidates every other faction if the player wants any sort of advancement of mankind.

NCR? You've got a bootleg democracy that's killing itself back west and overstretching in the east. Give it fifty years after their victory if player sides with them, they'll collapse. 

Legion has a better long term but only if you're not tribal and roll up on your back the second they stroll in. Theres a reason House is genuinely horrified if you kill him in the name of Caesar. 

House is essentially an immortal genius, fuck yeah I'd want an unflinching autocrat ruling me instead of a surefire collapsing state or being enslaved. Only a wild card could think they could do better :P

Don’t agree, with any of it.

The NCR is just going through growing pains. Think of it like 1880’s America with the birth of the monopolies. In ncr terms it’d be the Brahman Barrons instead of Carnegie, Edison, and Rockefeller and Kimball instead of McKinley, Grant, etc. Republic’s (I hate that republics and democracy’s are conflated into being them same thing when they are vastly different) are slow, but that doesn’t mean they don’t work. I don’t see it collapsing any time soon.

Legion does not have a long term in the slightest. The Legion will die with the death of  Caesar. Without courier intervention he dies during the course of the game from a brain tumor. The legion will crumble to dust in 5 years. The Legionaries aren’t loyal to the legion, they are loyal to Caesar. Without him guiding their actions they will devour themselves and return to tribal groups picking at the scraps of the four corners states.

House is an arrogant egomaniac, essentially a Rockefeller, that lives as dehydrated Santa Claus in tube, except he has no base of manufacturing, his families are constantly conspiring against him. He doesn’t have enough securitrons to control anything beyond the outskirts of Vegas. I frankly don’t believe him when he says he’ll restart the high technology age in 50 years, or that he’ll have people in orbit in 100. What do believe is that the omerta’s will flood the strip with chlorine gas and someone from the families will eventually break into his tower and “put a plug in his cock tube to make him explode”

Yes man, is yes man. We all know how that goes

Fuck:dntknw:

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Wanna hear a weird sentence?

I’m glad the doctors failed cure my son’s cancer.

I never let the nuke or the cancer get him. I either tell him he’s a disappointment and gat him with the same revolver that killed his mother on top of the CIT after the Battle of Bunker Hill (Minutemen play through) or melt him with a plasma rifle in his bed (BoS Playthrough)

Edited by Centurion
No gay lol
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

The NCR is just going through growing pains. Think of it like 1880’s America with the birth of the monopolies. In ncr terms it’d be the Brahman Barrons instead of Carnegie, Edison, and Rockefeller and Kimball instead of McKinley, Grant, etc. Republic’s (I hate that republics and democracy’s are conflated into being them same thing when they are vastly different) are slow, but that doesn’t mean they don’t work. I don’t see it collapsing any time soon.

By collapse I mean that they're on the brink of a huge economic and resource crash. All the lakes have dried up in the west according to Chief Hanlon and the NCR is on the brink of massive food shortages which is why the research on that plant vault is so important. No matter what the player does, the former is unfixable without several G.E.C.Ks.

4 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Legion does not have a long term in the slightest. The Legion will die with the death of  Caesar. Without courier intervention he dies during the course of the game from a brain tumor. The legion will crumble to dust in 5 years. The Legionaries aren’t loyal to the legion, they are loyal to Caesar. Without him guiding their actions they will devour themselves and return to tribal groups picking at the scraps of the four corners states.

If Lanius doesn't kick the bucket, I can see him holding it together to either conquer as far east as he can or until he gathers enough strength to attack the west again. Depending on his age, I could see it lasting quite a while in a core manner. Or until it hits the eastern coast and kills itself :P

5 minutes ago, Centurion said:

House is an arrogant egomaniac, essentially a Rockefeller, that lives as dehydrated Santa Claus in tube, except he has no base of manufacturing, his families are constantly conspiring against him. He doesn’t have enough securitrons to control anything beyond the outskirts of Vegas. I frankly don’t believe him when he says he’ll restart the high technology age in 50 years, or that he’ll have people in orbit in 100. What do believe is that the omerta’s will flood the strip with chlorine gas and someone from the families will eventually break into his tower and “put a plug in his cock tube to make him explode”

House already has far more infrastructure then the NCR had when they first got off the ground between Fallout 1 and 2. Not to mention the bunker under Caesar also seems to be producing them as well. Correct me if I'm wrong however.

I don't know why you don't believe the man who founded RobCo and had a hand in numerous inventions both military and civilian in the pre-world being unable to advance humanity. XD

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

By collapse I mean that they're on the brink of a huge economic and resource crash. All the lakes have dried up in the west according to Chief Hanlon and the NCR is on the brink of massive food shortages which is why the research on that plant vault is so important. No matter what the player does, the former is unfixable without several G.E.C.Ks.

If Lanius doesn't kick the bucket, I can see him holding it together to either conquer as far east as he can or until he gathers enough strength to attack the west again. Depending on his age, I could see it lasting quite a while in a core manner. Or until it hits the eastern coast and kills itself :P

House already has far more infrastructure then the NCR had when they first got off the ground between Fallout 1 and 2. Not to mention the bunker under Caesar also seems to be producing them as well. Correct me if I'm wrong however.

I don't know why you don't believe the man who founded RobCo and had a hand in numerous inventions both military and civilian in the pre-world being unable to advance humanity. XD

All country’s go through economic and resource crash’s. If they didn’t there’d be no growth. It’ll change the NCR.

Lanius doesn’t have the charisma to hold it together. Fear is a motivator, but not a good enough one when Vulpes and several others aren’t supporting him.

when house did those things he was in the prewar era and not confined in a cock sleeve. I don’t know why you believe he would be able to do anything he says he can.

3 minutes ago, Centurion said:

All country’s go through economic and resource crash’s. If they didn’t there’d be no growth. It’ll change the NCR.

Lanius doesn’t have the charisma to hold it together. Fear is a motivator, but not a good enough one when Vulpes and several others aren’t supporting him.

when house did those things he was in the prewar era and not confined in a cock sleeve. I don’t know why you believe he would be able to do anything he says he can.

Yo keep the thought train going, I'll be able to reply in an hour or two. Sent from mobile