• Tyrion rules alone
    • Sansa rules alone
    • Tyrion + Sansa
    • Gendry rules alone
    • Arya rules alone
    • Gendry + Arya
    • The Night King
    • Other- specify below

Drogon? Brienne and Jamie. They were involved in some bad writing but so far haven’t been ruined.

Assuming Jaime is just trying to hit us with the okie doke and he’s not running to save his sister, I’d say he just might come out as the one character that hasn’t been ruined yet.

Which is funny when I wanted him dead not too long ago. Now, all bets are on that nigga

And Brienne

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I hate how Sam’s potential was just completely squandered as well. Like, he Didn’t learn anything. He is still a complete coward, and did not fight really at all against the very enemy that they’ve been building up to face this whole time.

After the library stuff and Jorah all he did was give us this shitty conflict with Dany and Jon

I’m mixed on Jaime in terms of writing. He’s looking good compared to everyone else right now, but he was handled horrendously in seasons 4-7. 

I have never liked the show’s depiction of Brienne, but for what they made her, yeah, she’s probably remained the most consistent. Her stuff at the end of season 5 pissed me off, though. Abandoning her duty to Sansa for revenge should’ve had consequences.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I’m mixed on Jaime in terms of writing. He’s looking good compared to everyone else right now, but he was handled horrendously in seasons 4-7. 

I have never liked the show’s depiction of Brienne, but for what they made her, yeah, she’s probably remained the most consistent. Her stuff at the end of season 5 pissed me off, though. Abandoning her duty to Sansa for revenge should’ve had consequences.

It’s still a far cry from what they did to Tyrion, Jon, Dany, ghost, Sam, Theon...

Could be worse

But there’s still two episodes

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I hate how Sam’s potential was just completely squandered as well. Like, he Didn’t learn anything. He is still a complete coward, and did not fight really at all against the very enemy that they’ve been building up to face this whole time.

After the library stuff and Jorah all he did was give us this shitty conflict with Dany and Jon

Yeah, they really threw his development out the window. We spent 7 seasons watching cowardly Sam learn how to be brave, kill a White Walker, fight for his woman, stand up to his father, etc. And then when the fighting happens, he quivers in the corner while a little girl rushes a giant. Sam the Slayer my ass. 

I had to calm down a little yesterday lol I was getting mad when discussing it with my contractor. She and I talk a lot oddly enough since she’s my boss and here I am calling Sam a bitch at full volume.

There was an easy fix, too. Put him and Lyanna Mormont in the crypts. Sam can protect Gilly and not become a joke, and Lyanna can die in a horrible or badass way without a preteen being put in charge of the courtyard’s defenses.

Give the giant kill to Tormund Giantsbane. This shit writes itself.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’ll be honest, I didn’t have anything against how she died even if it was kinda tropey

I thought it was dumb and extremely forced, but I am more referring to the fact that a preteen girl was the one leading the defense of Winterfell’s courtyard. Why?

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, she was down there barking orders and they were listening.

At everyone of just her household guard? I can buy it if she was only commanding her own household guard. Though given how every other commander agreed to suicide charge their cavalry, maybe she isn't the worst one to take orders from. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

At everyone of just her household guard? I can buy it if she was only commanding her own household guard. Though given how every other commander agreed to suicide charge their cavalry, maybe she isn't the worst one to take orders from. 

Well her household guard was only like 60 dudes before the Battle of the Bastards, and the way they filmed it, it sure looked like she was the only commander inside the gate. 

But even then, does it really matter? It was a critical position and for some reason they decided to let a child be in charge of the soldiers defending it. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well her household guard was only like 60 dudes before the Battle of the Bastards, and the way they filmed it, it sure looked like she was the only commander inside the gate. 

But even then, does it really matter? It was a critical position and for some reason they decided to let a child be in charge of the soldiers defending it. 

I just think it's hard to say. The other commanders from outside the wall made it inside with apparently half their troops that then suddenly vanished. The battle wasn't exactly consistent on top of being bad. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

They probably just literally had her there so she could die in that scene. They might not be assigned her that spot at all and she just ends up there so they can have the giant break through and kill her.