• Tyrion rules alone
    • Sansa rules alone
    • Tyrion + Sansa
    • Gendry rules alone
    • Arya rules alone
    • Gendry + Arya
    • The Night King
    • Other- specify below

Why would Tormund go back north of the Wall anyway? Sure, they were trying to get south to escape the White Walkers, but throughout the entire first half of the show, pretty much all the Free Folk characters could hardly string together three sentences without bringing up the fact that they got fucked over when the Wall went up. And not just because of the dead.

And now like a solid third of the North is completely depopulated. There are like fifteen vacant castles on the Wall and probably dozens of farms, towns, and lesser castles (and at least one fairly major castle) that are all totally empty. Why go back to your wasteland where nothing can grow and everyone is dead, even most of the animals, when you have so many options that are better? He said they like to have a lot of open space, but the North below the Wall is like half the size of South America, so that ain't exactly a good reason.

In the books, the Free Folk that Jon saved settled the Gift or occupied the castles on the Wall. That makes way more sense than just going back and hoping that your children don't just get blocked from returning by the next generation of shitty Westerosi monarchs.

• Like 3

Dany: "So gang, how do we take out Cersei while minimizing civilian casualties?"

Varys, the guy who knows every secret tunnel in Kings Landing, including ones that lead straight into the royal family’s own room: "Beats me."

Tyrion, who used said tunnels to assassinate the Hand of the King: "No idea."

Davos, who smuggled Tyrion into Kings Landing one season ago and got him inside the Red Keep: "Oi got nuthin'."

Arya, the face changing mega assassin that can look like anybody and is a master of poisons. Also a fellow user of those tunnels: "No One knows."

Bran, the magical tree god who can possess animals and see anything: :mellow:

Dany: "Fuck it! Guess I'm burning this bitch down!"

Everyone: "No, please! There must be another way!"

• Haha 4

After thinking on it some more, I was going easy on them. Sansa also escaped the Red Keep via a secret passage to Blackwater Bay. And Jaime learned about the tunnels from Varys when he helped break Tyrion out.

If all these people just compared their fucking notes, they’d be able to Ocean's 11 that shit with absolute ease. Hell, pair Arya with any one of them and all your problems will be solved.

• Like 1

Also thinking back on it the ballista bolts destroying those ships like they did was stupid. No way they would do enough damage to sink ships and blow them apart. The showrunners are idiots or just don't give a fuck

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BTC said:

Also thinking back on it the ballista bolts destroying those ships like they did was stupid. No way they would do enough damage to sink ships and blow them apart. The showrunners are idiots or just don't give a fuck

With that kind of power, they should’ve easily been able to snipe Drogon where he was parked outside Kings Landing. He didn’t even look as far away as the ships did.

I have come to hate these weapons. The dilemma about torching the civilians is a good enough counter to the dragons. And it’s actually one that is somewhat compelling from a story and character perspective. Just randomly giving Cersei dozens of what are effectively railguns completely negates the gravity of dragons being in the show.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

With that kind of power, they should’ve easily been able to snipe Drogon where he was parked outside Kings Landing. He didn’t even look as far away as the ships did.

I have come to hate these weapons. The dilemma about torching the civilians is a good enough counter to the dragons. And it’s actually one that is somewhat compelling from a story and character perspective. Just randomly giving Cersei dozens of what are effectively railguns completely negates the gravity of dragons being in the show.

I told you guys these would be bullshit, just didn't realize how cheesy they would make it.

I told y’all they’d probably try and get rid of those dragons first, but didn’t realize they’d just Indiana Jones Dany’s Dragon in the throat like that in front of everyone.

Now I know what Stan and Kyle went through.

And that Stormtrooper.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I'm sort of fine with Cersei being the last obstacle. What is outrageous however is how she's made out to be much more dangerous than the entire undead army. Euron is also given the Ramsay treatment where he's just so damn capable at ruining it for his enemies, just because they need some way to artificially raise the tension. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

2 hours ago, Celan said:

I told you guys these would be bullshit, just didn't realize how cheesy they would make it.

You were right. I was fine with the scorpions being capable of killing dragons. There is precedent for that. But it should still basically be a stroke of luck to actually land the hit, and even that shouldn’t be enough unless it gets him where he’s not armored, like the eye or something. A dragon should still trump anything Cersei’s got, but instead those stupid weapons basically created a forecfield around the city.

• Like 1

Bitch u better say sum about the fact that those dragons aren’t at all a factor XD Like I said too nigga.

If they didn’t magic in some extra troops for Dany so they could get their final stand off, literally nothing would stop Euron from invading the north. You gotta be at least a little salty that the two dragons that were supposed to be such game changers were literally nothing lol 

Though to be fair, I didn’t think they’d kill the dragons that easily.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You gotta be at least a little salty that the two dragons that were supposed to be such game changers were literally nothing lol 

That’s what I was complaining about. One dragon should be able to obliterate Euron’s fleet, scorpions or no. But they’ve somehow turned from large crossbows that hit hard into a mounted gauss rifle that can snipe a moving dragon out of the air with retarded precision, despite the very concept of ground-to-air combat only getting invented by these people five minutes ago. 

I said Celan was right.

• Like 1