• Sansa rules alone
    • Tyrion + Sansa
    • Gendry rules alone
    • Arya rules alone
    • Gendry + Arya
    • The Night King
    • Other- specify below

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The deep ones, merpeople, and all that fable stuff isn’t nearly as interesting to me as what we see in the story. The weird oily black stone is a little creepy, but my favorite is when Davos hides out in that fishing villages in the Fingers and the guy in charge has webbed fingers and looks kinda like a fish. XD 

And the  Euron Greyjoy enters and takes the eldritch horror shit to another level. 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/booksofthelord.wordpress.com/2017/05/25/fan-theory-the-doom-of-valyria-the-existence-of-rhllor-dragons-and-the-drowned-god-explained/amp/

Maesters and other scholars alike have puzzled over the greatest of the enigmas of Sothoryos, the ancient city of Yeen. A ruin older than time, built of oily black stone, in massive blocks so heavy that it would require a dozen elephants to move them, Yeen has remained a desolation for many thousands of years, yet the jungle that surrounds it on every side has scarce touched it. – A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Old_Ones#cite_note-Rtwoiaf_leng.7B.7B.7B3.7D.7D.7D-1

"The Old Ones are gods said to have lived deep below the ruined subterranean cities on the island of Leng. The jungles of the island contain odd, overgrown ruins of unknown origin, which lead to massive underground labyrinths and caverns. The god-empresses of Leng are said to have had congress with the Old Ones, and they instructed the empresses on at least four occasions to massacre foreigners, at least according to the Jade Compendium.[1]When the YiTish emperor Jar Har conquered Leng, the warriors he sent into the ruins either returned mad or vanished altogether, so the emperor ordered the ruins' entrances to be sealed under penalty of death. According to legend, however, the Old Ones still dwell underground."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leng_(plateau)

Leng is a fictional cold arid plateau in the Cthulhu Mythos

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The deep ones, merpeople, and all that fable stuff isn’t nearly as interesting to me as what we see in the story. The weird oily black stone is a little creepy, but my favorite is when Davos hides out in that fishing villages in the Fingers and the guy in charge has webbed fingers and looks kinda like a fish. XD 

And the  Euron Greyjoy enters and takes the eldritch horror shit to another level. 

Euron was such a fucking disappointment compared to his book self. Fucker has a magical Dragon controlling horn, is an arch warlock of a thousand gods, and has all kinds of dark occult shit. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

is an arch warlock of a thousand gods

I think it’s a lot worse than that. In Aeron’s visions, Euron sits the Iron Throne and all the known gods are above him impaled on the swords. He gathers priests of every religion so he can tie them to the prows of his ships for a massive blood magic ritual.

That’s a character I can see taking down one of Dany’s dragons without it feeling like bullshit.

Notably, the old gods of the North are an exception here. Course, they have no priests to sacrifice. But they’re not represented as dead on the throne either.

• Like 1

BTW, these these are the "Dinosaurs" the Wyvern of Sothoryos . Unseen Westeros gave us a canon look at them...and who needs Dragons when these fuckers still exist in some numbers XD

aa5b6ae0b41073668b3dba0b10126a43.jpg

And of course...the Giant Spiders of the Others....they should have been on the show.

jimmy-p-duda-spider-5.jpg?1542809672

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

GRANT US EYYYYYES

Which book is all that shit in?

Which shit? The art or the world lore?

The lore is mostly in A World of Ice and Fire but it’s sprinkled throughout the main series too. WoIaF has lots of good art, but the pictures Balrog shared are from an art thing called Unseen Westeros that was done and I believe sold in limited quantities a year or so ago.

He left out the best one. The ice dragon. 

JWqX35z.jpg?itok=CPcYVq5I

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

GRANT US EYYYYYES

Which book is all that shit in?

A kickstarted art book authorized by Martin himself, and featuring a bunch of artists illustrating the lesser known parts beyond Westeros of the ASOIF world. A bunch of artists are the concept designers of Game of Thrones

https://unseen-westeros.com/

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

People like to make a big deal about how fantasy is mainly dead in the ASOIF world...but that's basically only in Westeros, the fantastical still very much exists in the far east XD And the North of course. 

Magic has been fading everywhere where humans live, at the least. It still survives through obscure individuals like warlocks, woods witches, and the like, but it’s revealed in ACoK that their magic has faded and only starts to re-emerge when Dany’s dragons hatch and starts to become stronger from that point on (even the alchemists claim that wildfire is suddenly easier to produce). Melisandre also feels much more powerful near the Wall than she did in the South.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Magic has been fading everywhere where humans live, at the least. It still survives through obscure individuals like warlocks, woods witches, and the like, but it’s revealed in ACoK that their magic has faded and only starts to re-emerge when Dany’s dragons hatch and starts to become stronger from that point on. Melisandre also feels much more powerful near the Wall than she did in the South.

Magic yes, but there's shit like Dinosaurs running around, vestiges of dead, clearly not human, civilizations dotting the shadowy places of the world, especially in the East and the far North. The more remote you get, the more horrifying it becomes. Which I love XD I like the "fading, but still present fantasy that only exists in the dark corners of the world" trope.

Lord of the Rings does it too, to a smaller extent. 

• Like 2

You’re right. I doubt we ever find out what the deal is with Asshai, which is a shame because that place sounds as crazy as the Land of Always Winter.

The part where Tyrion and the crew sail through the Sorrows is one of my favorite examples of this in the books. The atmosphere is so creepy, and the stone men and stories about the Shrouded Lord add to the horror.

In_the_sorrows_MarcSimonetti.jpg

• Like 1