• Sansa rules alone
    • Tyrion + Sansa
    • Gendry rules alone
    • Arya rules alone
    • Gendry + Arya
    • The Night King
    • Other- specify below

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I agree. I’m just talking hypotheticals here. If Dany thinks Bran is lying, she could still push her claim without being a hypocrite. 

I don't think she would believe Bran is lying. Without Jon pressing the claim there would be little reason to believe Bran is lying since there would be nothing to gain from it. Which I think will be interesting to see since this struggle would be more internal for her than anything political. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

5 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Don't think so. I highly doubt Jon would press his claim. If anything I bet that Dany will just get restless for there being people that think her illegitimate. Like a gnawing and irritating thought that lingers in the back of her mind. But after Cersei is dealt with there's no one that would really challenge her. 

This is what I think too. Jon has already established that he doesn’t give a damn about ruling. He just wants to stop the White Walkers. 

13 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I don't think she would believe Bran is lying. Without Jon pressing the claim there would be little reason to believe Bran is lying since there would be nothing to gain from it. Which I think will be interesting to see since this struggle would be more internal for her than anything political. 

That entire conversation was predicated on the hypothetical scenario Sam created in the episode. If Jon pushed his claim without wanting a marriage, what would Dany do?

8 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Don't think so. I highly doubt Jon would press his claim. If anything I bet that Dany will just get restless for there being people that think her illegitimate. Like a gnawing and irritating thought that lingers in the back of her mind. But after Cersei is dealt with there's no one that would really challenge her. 

I think he will if/when she doesn’t turn out to be what he expected as queen/if the realms resist and she goes overboard with the bending of the knee stuff

Especially if the north gives her issues which I feel like they will without Jon as king.

Jon May love her but I think without marriage these two will be at odds just by circumstance.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

That entire conversation was predicated on the hypothetical scenario Sam created in the episode. If Jon pushed his claim without wanting a marriage. 

Which would never happen. At most I can see Jon testing Dany by trying a bait and switch by pressing his claim temporarily. But that would only happen if they decide to hand Jon the idiot ball to create more unnecessary conflict. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That entire conversation was predicated on the hypothetical scenario Sam created in the episode. If Jon pushed his claim without wanting a marriage. 

Plus this, but even so I think eventually he’ll be tempted to. Like Celan said they love making conflict where there probably shouldn’t be lol. Not that we’ll likely see that far but if we did I’m certain this would be a conflict if there is no marriage.

You don’t reveal something like that without it causing some conflict.

2 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Which would never happen. At most I can see Jon testing Dany by trying a bait and switch by pressing his claim temporarily. But that would only happen if they decide to hand Jon the idiot ball to create more unnecessary conflict. 

They did it before 

*cough* Sansa

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Maybe. But Sam doesn’t know that, and the point of the conversation is more about how Dany would react than what Jon would choose to do. 

If I'm to guess what would be a realistic reaction: First she'd go into denial because it would throw an important part of her worldview and identity out the window. Without Jon pressing the claim and probably even trying his best to keep it a secret her only real opponent will be herself as she struggles with adapting to the new fact. Eventually she will either try to drop it and accept that she doesn't need direct legitimacy of birth or start pressing Jon into marriage to satiate her need for legitimacy. 

A secret annulment and marriage and a secret heir isn't much of a claim, versus a real heir of Aerys and Robert who also has dragons. 

My point about Sam is that he should know about the Dance and know this is not a fight they can afford to have. He's got the idiot ball currently. 

1 minute ago, Celan said:

A secret annulment and marriage and a secret heir isn't much of a claim, versus a real heir of Aerys and Robert who also has dragons. 

My point about Sam is that he should know about the Dance and know this is not a fight they can afford to have. He's got the idiot ball currently. 

I'll withhold my judgement if Sam got the idiot ball. Sam was initially against telling Jon as it perhaps wasn't the best time but Bran insisted that Jon has a right to know. It'll really depend on if Sam urges Jon to press his claim or just told Jon because he thinks he should know the truth. 

1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Bran insisted that Jon has a right to know.

I’m curious if Bran really just felt like Jon deserved to know, or if he has used his time wizard powers to determine that it’s actially important for Jon to know.

Considering the level Bran operates on, Jon being the rightful king or not seems like a really weird thing for him to be so focused on.

20 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m curious if Bran really just felt like Jon deserved to know, or if he has used his time wizard powers to determine that it’s actially important for Jon to know.

Considering the level Bran operates on, Jon being the rightful king or not seems like a really weird thing for him to be so focused on.

Possibly. Though it would be nice if the writers have decided that Bran is still on some level human and... well... Bran Stark. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Possibly. Though it would be nice if the writers have decided that Bran is still on some level human and... well... Bran Stark. 

You saw that stare down with Jamie right? XD I think he’s still there 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s what I think too. Ice and Fire and all that. 

The symbol the White Walkers are using is a Children of the Forest symbol- it makes me wonder if they're inverting it, like an upside down cross, or whether they're using it straight because they were once allied with the Children and still consider themselves doing something right and good. Like maybe the ritual we saw where the Night King was created, that was a Stark and he wasn't an unwilling participant, because they were trying to avert something even darker.

Melisandre warns Davos not to speak about the Shadow lest he wake those powers. She seems much more frightened of them than of the Ice. What if the Night King is trying to conquer Westeros just like everyone else is trying to conquer them- because he thinks he has to save the world?

People saying black people don’t watch GoT, completely debunked lol I just had a convo about it, and they were talking about the books too.

Until we just started talking about how thuggish Euron Greyjoy is when he just presented straight facts to Cersei and clapped her cheeks finally

And Jon And Danny of course

15 minutes ago, Celan said:

The symbol the White Walkers are using is a Children of the Forest symbol- it makes me wonder if they're inverting it, like an upside down cross, or whether they're using it straight because they were once allied with the Children and still consider themselves doing something right and good. Like maybe the ritual we saw where the Night King was created, that was a Stark and he wasn't an unwilling participant, because they were trying to avert something even darker.

Melisandre warns Davos not to speak about the Shadow lest he wake those powers. She seems much more frightened of them than of the Ice. What if the Night King is trying to conquer Westeros just like everyone else is trying to conquer them- because he thinks he has to save the world?

Ok but what could be worse than being turned into zombies?