Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #32

Fallout Show  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you hope the new Fallout tv show is set?

• The West (NCR, Vegas, etc)
    • The Midwest (Legion lands, Rogue BoS, etc.)
    • The East (Maxson's BoS, the Pitt, etc.)
    • Somewhere completely new

54 minutes ago, Centurion said:

And where is Bardok from?

Summerset ^^

Kidding xD

Bardok is from Western Skyrim, probably Solitude specifically due to his Dibellan bardic nature and their college. But also because of the name, he shares it with Bardok the Impaler who is an Islander from Roscrea, meaning not that he's from roscrea but that it culturally influenced his people enough to have that name so solitude is a safe bet.

Would also explain his being a learned individual, and his affinity for wolves.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

23 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Coldharbour

Lol was gonna say, I am wary to give Bardok too much of a background due to the nature of the vestige. For all we know they just suddenly appeared on nirn before all that happened.

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lol was gonna say, I am wary to give Bardok too much of a background due to the nature of the vestige. For all we know they just suddenly appeared on nirn before all that happened.

That’s pretty much spot on. Since the character you play as dies at the start of the MQ and the Vestige is more like a Daedric clone who got plucked out of Coldharbour by the Prophet and brought to Nirn.

Like, if I wanted to start hurting heads again.

Lorkhan, Trinimac, Auri-El

Vestige, Mannimarco, Molag Bal

The Vestige and Lorkhan both became husks of their original selves, being reborn again and again while their souls or his heart was ripped away in service of another. i.e auri-el and molag bal, the kings and also technically the witness, and who are both overtaken in their positions as king because of this overlap by the rebel who was slain. Mannimarco/Trinimac also have some overlaps with the rebel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The Vestige and Lorkhan both became husks of their original selves, being reborn again and again while their souls or his heart was ripped away in service of another. 

There’s also the whole Anuic daedric element, with Lorkhan seemingly being kind of in-between Aedric and Daedric himself, with an Anuic principle in his Heart. The Vestige is like that too, being a physically daedric entity with an Anuic principle left over from (and later made whole by) his soul.

Add in the newer lore, and it’s an even stronger parallel, as not only was Lorkhan’s Heart forcibly ripped out, but it was also replaced (by a daedra) with the 'Dark Heart', much like how the void left by our character’s soul was filled with a daedric vestige.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Would Bardok's ancestors been from Clan Borr?

Some might've intermingled maybe?

I just figure that since its his first name, it could've simply been influenced by the roscreans, not necessarily making him roscrean. Solitude people would have at least been aware of islander names, sailors would adopt some of them for their own, especially since they're all Nordic.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I'm not crazy about it, myself. But it's what we got. :dntknw:

Personally I ignore it and just figure its you still, kinda like how I ignore the class abilities in lore because its stupid.

Just mmo silliness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Why are you doing that to yourself XD

Also I’ve never 100%’d a game before and I’ve been playing to fuck out of F4 on the xbone lately so I figured I might as well knock out the last 20 achievements

Fuck:dntknw:

4 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Personally I ignore it and just figure its you still, kinda like how I ignore the class abilities in lore because its stupid.

Just mmo silliness.

I can ignore the class stuff to a degree, but they wrote a ton of detailed lore around how vestiges and soul shriven work, going beyond just handwavy mmo stuff, so I treat it as real. It’s basically the only way the ESO hero works as he’s presented.

52 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I’m currently trying to 100% the achievements for F4 on the xbone and trying to get a settlement to 100% happiness is killing me

I did this a few years back. Getting 100% in Fallout 4 is a bitch compared to FO3 and FNV. Most of it is easy, but then there are two or three that the game’s own mechanics just make terrible to pursue.

The settlement happiness one was the second worst for me. The worst was the 'redeem 100,000 Nuka World tickets' one, which is just downright unreasonable. Pro-tip, you can use the settlement workshop stuff to basically create a factory that duplicates the tickets. It still sucks to build and operate, but earning that many tickets naturally takes hours.

2 hours ago, Centurion said:

@ColonelKillaBee how do you think baldur would feel knowing that he had an ancestor that claimed emperorship at one point in time?

Considering emperorship comes and goes to any warlord at any period I’d say he’d find it interesting but not think much of it. I guess it’d be impressive enough, but it’s hard to consider since the Ebonheart Pact and what modern nords think of it has never been brought up.

If everything else Bardok did was canon tho, that’d be a different story. Now that shit is crazy.

You know, I didn’t intend on doing much with the whole imperial thing but tbh Ulrins love for the empire would make more sense if their family’s history with the empire went back to Bardok being crowned Emperor at one point.

Couldve started with him

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You know, I didn’t intend on doing much with the whole imperial thing but tbh Ulrins love for the empire would make more sense if their family’s history with the empire went back to Bardok being crowned Emperor at one point.

Couldve started with him

Dales could be distantly related to Baldur, considering her mother's side is a super hardcore Colovians who trace there descendants from powerful Nord nobles and semi-mythical bullmen XD