Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #32

Fallout Show  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you hope the new Fallout tv show is set?

• The West (NCR, Vegas, etc)
    • The Midwest (Legion lands, Rogue BoS, etc.)
    • The East (Maxson's BoS, the Pitt, etc.)
    • Somewhere completely new

Bad batch was fucking dope.

I think omega was designed as a spy clone. Think about it, a female fett clone. No one would recognize, with genetically heightened awareness and programmed loyalty would make for the perfect agent. Also fuck crosshair.

Fuck:dntknw:

You can tell she's a Jango clone by her accent, and if I remember, Jango's mother and sister in Legends had blonde hair like hers. 

Anyway, I liked how they didn't go just with "evil brainwash"'; the chip contributed to it, but Crosshair was already a huge douchebag, it just brought out what was already there. 

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

You can tell she's a Jango clone by her accent, and if I remember, Jango's mother and sister in Legends had blonde hair like hers. 

Anyway, I liked how they didn't go just with "evil brainwash"'; the chip contributed to it, but Crosshair was already a huge douchebag, it just brought out what was already there. 

we can because we are outside observers. But for a citizen of the star wars galaxy the accent isn’t reserved for jango and the clones. Plus all the know is the clones are male. It would be hard for them to point her out as a spy. Even the clones in the bad batch didn’t think she was a clone

Fuck:dntknw:

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Aint loading for me. PM it to me and I’ll try later on something else. 

I tried opening it in incognito to check if you needed some sort of permission and it looks like it.

That's unfortunate because it's a huge collection, let me download the pdf and try to post it here

14 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Man I swear if we don’t get some game information from Bethesda this year (starfield, or tes) I’m gonna lose my fucking mind

Is it bad that I’d be totally cool with them announcing Starfield was canceled and they’ve switched to working on TES? XD 

9 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

That's how I feel about Elden Ring.

Forget Elden Ring. Give me Winds of Winter!

Did y’all know that it’s been sixteen years since we’ve gotten any new Sansa Stark or Sam Tarly chapters published? 

Granted, I’ve only been into the series for like eight or nine years, but still! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Centurion said:

Y’all know what else sucks? I never got into outer worlds. I literally got off the tutorial planet and just lost interest. I wish it would’ve suck me in but i just didn’t really like it

I loved that game but I can understand someone not getting into it. The setting and aesthetics can be pretty garish with all the corporate logos and colorful sci-fi stuff. Like, there are more people with neon hair than people with normal hair. XD And I could see the humor not landing for everyone either (though personally I found the game hilarious). 

I’d say the best part of the game for me are the dialogue and player choices. You can inject a lot of personality into your character, and the writing and characters are mostly on point. If you ever want a short but really focused RPG that’s similar to Fallout but sillier, I’d recommend giving it another try.

Also, the first DLC is really good. I’d put it on par with Old World Blues, but honestly with better storytelling. I haven’t played the second DLC yet because I’ve been on Cyberpunk lately.

14 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I say sillier than Fallout, but in truth it’s probably more accurate to say that it’s more like Fallout 2 or Old World Blues levels of silly throughout. The game doesn’t take itself too seriously.

Fallout 1 was pretty fucking grim if you compare it to the rest of the games; Bethesda Era dialed it up (And Obsidian kept the silliness to an extent) XD It's funny cause the series trademark zaniness didn't really happen till the sequel.

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Fallout 1 was pretty fucking grim if you compare it to the rest of the games; Bethesda Era dialed it up (And Obsidian kept the silliness to an extent) XD It's funny cause the series trademark zaniness didn't really happen till the sequel.

Indeed. And tbh the first game probably has my favorite atmosphere in the series, save maybe New Vegas. While the zaniness of Fallout 2 was fun, I felt like it too often kept the game from taking itself seriously when it really should have.

That said, I still think 2 is better overall. The first game has a better tone and writing, but 2 is just jam packed with content, and the RP options are next-level.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s really good for a horror game.

Dead Space 3 got 600,000 on it's first month, while Village got 3 million on it's first weekend  XD Both 7 and Remake 2 have about 10 million sales so far, so I think Village will easily surpass that. 

It's kinda hilarious how Japan was considered a dying game devolopment area (so much company's like Capcom and Konami were outsourching there games to western studios) and now you have franchises like Resident Evil and Dark Souls selling 10 million copies per game, and the West is eating up there stuff again XD

9 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's kinda hilarious how Japan was considered a dying game devolopment area (so much company's like Capcom and Konami were outsourching there games to western studios) and now you have franchises like Resident Evil and Dark Souls selling 10 million copies per game, and the West is eating up there stuff again XD

I was one of those who wasn’t interested in much that came out of Japan. Mainly because 99% of it was weird weeabu stuff. If they keep making decent things that aren't that, I’ll keep supporting it. XD I had a really good time with RE8.