Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

4 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

YO This is getting fucking weird:

1789000150_DesktopScreenshot2019_03.01-18_14_40_89.thumb.png.204e49e16f19350195a4b4796582822a.png

He posted that an hour ago. Why is this popping up so much after we talked about it?

YO I'M DEADASSS CENTURION WAS RIGHT

Yo fr fr Facebook needs to chill. Like I spent a couple hours with this chick and next thing I know she’s in my “people you may know”. I never open ended Facebook, looked her up, nothing and that shit is tryna give some rental pig I engaged in a battle of the hips with all my info, like CHILLL BRO DAMNNN

Fuck:dntknw:

This from the comments:

They caught the "multiplayerz" - the true malevolent plague of the videogame industry that turns a recreational activity into a malformed abomination of microtransactions, pretence, gimmicks, toxic competition devoid of storytelling.

• Haha 1

They had a lot more issues with their previous games other than the fact that it's multiplayer.

They've been going downhill since Inquisition, and then Andromeda following, both single player focused games. Their main issue is that they've been forcing Frostbite down everyone's throats. That's literally why these games are taking so long to develop and have nothing to show for it. 

Their other issue is this games as a service bullshit and MVP, Minimum Viable Product as Joe said and now others are as well. 

Admittedly that hadn't started with Inquisition or Andromeda but it also isn't "because" of their focus on multiplayer games. It's literally just EA being EA. Anthem might've even been a decent game if they didn't cut and gut the original work so that they could spread out the content and sell it to you for years to come, and though it hadn't started with Dragon Age, they apparently came up with this idea with Dragon Age in mind.

In other words they're testing the waters so they can do this shit on a completely single player focused game. 

Bioware has some other issues internally and it's not all EA's fault but they're a big part of it.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Except it doesn't. Like I said, "Games as a service" was developed with Dragon Age in mind, and nothing about its concept applies specifically to multiplayer. Hell, they've actually been testing the waters for this even longer if you remember their day one dlc stuff and how even later dlc is actually already on their games, you just pay to have it unlocked.

Difference is the main game at least had enough content to stand on its own. 

Inquisition wasn't under this games as a service crap but that didn't stop it from being as bare bones as Anthem nearly.

And they have the nerve to charge 15 DOLLARS for dlc that is mostly walking. Admittedly the dlc was at least better than a lot of the core game, but that ain't saying much. 

That's 15 dollars EACH. EACH!!

It might not be microtransactions but it's actually worse if you ask me.

Besides, you're going off the idea that the only thing wrong with Anthem was that it had its customization gutted so they could sell it via microtransactions.

If you look at Angry Joe's video again however, their issues go waaaay beyond that. It isn't just that they're being money grubbing whores, it's that the missions suck and are as boring as Inquisitions, which goes back to Frostbite again because they can't seem to do much else with the engine for the most part, the loading screens, the terrible AI, the glitches, the lame story, the false advertising in relation to things I've already listed...

Their main problem isn't microtransactions or games as a service, it's Frostbite. The rest of why the game is garbage is pretty much typical EA crap, and some of it is a symptom of the fact that Bioware cannot develop anything decent with this engine, but EA and Bioware both need to make a profit anyway and under a certain allotted amount of time.

Even you pointed out the issue with Frostbite way back during Inquisition. Scapegoating multiplayer games, even though I agree it is a problem and bioware shouldn't even be bothering with them... won't change their core issues.

Taking it out on multiplayer games ignores the downhill trajectory they've been taking well before Anthem, which was Bioware's first attempt at a multiplayer focused game like this in the first place and as I've said, they've been sucking since Inquisition at least.

18 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Except it doesn't. Like I said, "Games as a service" was developed with Dragon Age in mind, and nothing about its concept applies specifically to multiplayer. Hell, they've actually been testing the waters for this even longer if you remember their day one dlc stuff and how even later dlc is actually already on their games, you just pay to have it unlocked.

No. It's been an approach they're going towards even before that phrase was ever used.

I'm not going to have this debate again. 

Just now, Celan said:

I'm not going to have this debate again. 

Ok then don't respond lol

1 minute ago, Celan said:

No. It's been an approach they're going towards even before that phrase was ever used.

XD Woman, that's exactly my point. And count, how many multiplayer focused games has Bioware developed that you can blame this on prior to Anthem?

Zero.

You can't blame multiplayer games for this when Bioware's been sucking ass at the very least since 2015.

I'd say since Dragon Age 2 but SJW stuff aside they at least attempted to make a story driven game that was fun and though it was rushed, I played it I'm not sure how many times.

My bad, I completely ignored the Star Wars MMOs, though those weren't just Bioware.

However, I'm glad I actually thought of those because guess what, those games were actually excellent and well received by most who've played them and were nothing like Anthem @Celan despite their being multiplayer games.

And before you tell me how much you don't give a shit about star wars or multiplayer games or what others say about them, the fact is the argument can be made that Bioware's decline in quality can be said to have started with their single player games, with no help of multiplayer games or emulating them in any possible way shape or form.

Just now, Celan said:

Inquisition's deficits came from it starting out as an MMO, so yeah.

That would work if Bioware hadn't made MMOs in the past that were actually good, and have more story and content than Inquisition has even with dlc included. 

And those dlc were made to be specifically for the single player game weeeeeeell after this short cycle of development trying to make it an MMO.

And if you go by what Bioware developers said, they actually credit Skyrim for what the final stages of Inquisition looks like lol, saying over recent years what people wanted has greatly changed, and that Skyrim changed the landscape of RPGs entirely.

In other words, free roaming. And to make up for all that space, what did Bethesda decide to put in? Radiant quests, fetch quests, and that was also well before they ever attempted anything multiplayer either.

Hell, ESO is an MMO and has more entertaining quests than Inquisition and SKyirm both

So no the mmo thing called "Blackfoot" isn't to blame, it's the Frostbite engine and their need to make these open world games that they can't seem to fill with actual content, thanks to again the Frostbite engine.

EA's microtransaction fluff is just the shit icing on the proverbial cake.