Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

4 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

My bad for assuming that then, though it wasn't a gatcha thing, really. It was just to say that even with how much weirder that whole experiment is than most people give it credit for, I still don't personally think it's even remotely possible that the simulation theory is correct or even really worth giving much thought to.

It's fun though, but it also kind of annoys me because atheists will actually give this idea serious thought based off of something we don't understand, yet laugh at anyone that looks at the same strangeness of the unknown universe and sees God instead of Aliens with space magic.

It may as well be the same thing.

I personally don’t feel like it can be discredited yet or pushed to the side because the possibilities of what can be made is so far beyond our grasp that it’s indescribable lol. Also the way everything lines up is too perfect for me to say it all happened at random, but whether it was gods or aliens running the simulation, that not for me to say because I have no idea.

4 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Basically, I was triggered XD 

Oh trust me, I knew you was triggered from the start lmao.

Fuck:dntknw:

13 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I personally don’t feel like it can be discredited yet or pushed to the side because the possibilities of what can be made is so far beyond our grasp that it’s indescribable lol. Also the way everything lines up is too perfect for me to say it all happened at random, but whether it was gods or aliens running the simulation, that not for me to say because I have no idea.

Appeal to ignorance fallacy ;) Scientologists love that one, as do Christians admittedly. 

That we can't prove it true or false isn't what discredits the idea to me, it's that it's so far into the realm of science fiction that it may as well be given its own show on the History Channel.

Triggered I may be lol but the point stands, it's just a sensational science pot theory, not even remotely in the realm of probability. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

At least with religion the whole point is that you can't prove it true so its supposed to be taken on faith.

The problem I have with scientists and atheists alike is that they think because they use the scientific method to attempt to understand the world, that their theories based from their experiments with results they can't explain are suddenly more credible no matter how ridiculous they are.

Science also started out as the pursuit of understanding God's creation, up until the church started getting salty about the findings. Still, people should remember its origins.

Just now, Centurion said:

Lmao triggered colonel is fun. How about this, do you think there are other civilizations out there, and do you think they are older, younger or at about the same period of development as us?

I couldn't give you a solid answer on that, we have no way to observe the universe from afar and really say.

I would say that it's more probable than us existing in a simulation though, just mathematically speaking if we look at how many worlds we've found that could possibly support life, or support life under the right circumstances and assume that this is consistent with the rest of the universe, not that there's any reason to assume that of course but with how many starts there are, it's definitely possible.

See the Fermi Paradox, but the bounds of the universe and its natural limitations are likely too great for any intelligent life to overcome. See "The Great Filter".

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

See the Fermi Paradox, but the bounds of the universe and its natural limitations are likely too great for any intelligent life to overcome. See "The Great Filter".

Crazy that you brought this up today. I was listening to a podcast that talked about the Great Filter literally 6 hours ago. Had nothing to do with yall’s debate either.

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Crazy that you brought this up today. I was listening to a podcast that talked about the Great Filter literally 6 hours ago. Had nothing to do with yall’s debate either.

What was it about specifically? There's actually a lot of topics that can cover, really. Like climate change and natural disasters, nuclear winter, etc.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

What was it about specifically? There's actually a lot of topics that can cover, really. Like climate change and natural disasters, nuclear winter, etc.

The podcast was about WW1. But the Great Filter specifically got brought up in the context of that period being when mankind first realized the scale of our destructive capabilities. It wasn’t the main topic, but the guy ended up going on a tangent about the origin of the Fermi Paradox just because I think he found it interesting.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The podcast was about WW1. But the Great Filter specifically got brought up in the context of that period being when mankind first realized the scale of our destructive capabilities. It wasn’t the main topic, but the guy ended up going on a tangent about the origin of the Fermi Paradox just because I think he found it interesting.

Wow that is weird lol... 

Yea, destructive wars, natural disasters, disease, resource shortages, pretty much anything that can lead to the end of a civilization is considered part of the Great Filter, common shortcomings that intelligent civilizations possibly share and possibly are unable to overcome and as a result keeps us completely ignorant of eachother's existence.

Another one is simple lack of survivability in space and being unable to travel far and quick enough to reach a habitable planet without dying.

Though, something cool to think about would be what if there were a series of moons floating around a gas giant that inhabited life, and the resources that allowed it, namely water, came from the same source. Like a giant comet which we know often has water on them in the form of ice.

And one day these people developed along similar paths as us and decided to go to their moons, and they actually were able to pull it off, and they made contact?

It's a really big reach but would make a cool story, like an alternate human history or some shit. And the people they discovered were pretty similar to them, but different in unsettling ways...

And whats more unsettling is the civilization is mostly wiped out and they find evidence that it's due to yet another species that made contact with them, only this one's not similar at all and came from a different mo-

IT'S THE GREAT ONES I'M TALKING ABOUT THE GREAT ONES!!!!

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, I was a bit weirded out to see y’all talking about such a crazy specific thing completely independent of me listening to a guy lecturing on it just a few hours earlier.

Fuck dude it IS a simulation.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, I was a bit weirded out to see y’all talking about such a crazy specific thing completely independent of me listening to a guy lecturing on it just a few hours earlier.

LMAOOOOO

Yeah when I’m bored I literally just go through video after video about quantum physics, and space theory’s lol. One day we’ll be a Kardishev 1 civilization. One day.

Fuck:dntknw:

All we gotta do is get together and nuke the fuck out of Kim Jung Un and convince China he's more trouble than he's worth, and then we can all celebrate and suck eachother off in congratulation as we travel to mars unhindered by the risk of nuclear war, and discover the first Prothean beacon.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Centurion said:

9601BE77-734C-47EF-B71A-C3F0466A85CB.thumb.jpeg.688e311b6734834702bef66a7badad68.jpeg

okay know I get the US Army’s fascination with all things Roman. The Legions truly are our predecessors :rofl::rofl::Wimperial:

Just wait until you read what the Norse writings were inside the Hagia Sophia actually said, folks thought it was holy writing for decades...

EDIT: Decades not centuries :eyeroll:

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

4 hours ago, Centurion said:

9601BE77-734C-47EF-B71A-C3F0466A85CB.thumb.jpeg.688e311b6734834702bef66a7badad68.jpeg

okay know I get the US Army’s fascination with all things Roman. The Legions truly are our predecessors :rofl::rofl::Wimperial:

For the sake of hilarity, I hope that some of it was in the north side of the wall. Imagine being an ancient Pict looking to travel south only to find yourself staring at a big wall covered in drawings of Roman dicks. XD 

• Haha 2