Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

Notice they liquidated those people because they were turning the studio into a "live service" outfit. I just picture dens of poorly paid mopes churning out meaningless content like a digital sweat shop. Or like those call service centers where they have you sitting at rows of desks mindlessly tapping at a console.

Was reading a bit from Brent Knowles, a long time Bioware developer who was a lead guy on Dragon Age Origins. He left Bioware when they made clear what a turd DA2 was going to be. Openly said that's why he was leaving, too. Anyway, he went to Beamdog, a small developer run by former BW execs which focused on old school RPGs. Sadly he left pretty quickly, after 2 years or so. Then when Gaider left BW, he went to Beamdog too, but stayed less than 2 years. So must be that place isn't any better, or maybe can't pay well.

27 minutes ago, Celan said:

Was reading a bit from Brent Knowles, a long time Bioware developer who was a lead guy on Dragon Age Origins. He left Bioware when they made clear what a turd DA2 was going to be. Openly said that's why he was leaving, too. Anyway, he went to Beamdog, a small developer run by former BW execs which focused on old school RPGs. Sadly he left pretty quickly, after 2 years or so. Then when Gaider left BW, he went to Beamdog too, but stayed less than 2 years. So must be that place isn't any better, or maybe can't pay well.

Sounds like a halfway house for the talent at Bioware.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I swear, I’m a fuckin walking sunny in Philadelphia quote even though I’ve never see the show :rofl::rofl: the sheer number of times you guys have linked videos to me to describe my life makes me want to watch it, it on Netflix?

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

4 minutes ago, Centurion said:

it on Netflix?

They took it off a year or two ago, sadly. I think it’s on Hulu and Amazon video now.

You’d like it, bro. Imo it is easily the funniest sitcom in the last decade, no contest. It’s got a dark sense of humor that’s right up your alley.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Witchking of Angmar said:

It doesn't really feel like Game of Thrones anymore. It feels like much of the intrigue is gone. 

When a literal ice zombie Apocalypse is happening, I can forgive people for not trying to stab each other in the back for a couple days.

I kinda wish the ice zombies are defeated relatively early in the season, like the halfway point. That would leave room for more traditional GoT drama. Though given the writers ineptitude to write such intrigue I'm not sure if that would be a good idea. :/ 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

I kinda wish the ice zombies are defeated relatively early in the season, like the halfway point. That would leave room for more traditional GoT drama. Though given the writers ineptitude to write such intrigue I'm not sure if that would be a good idea. :/ 

Fuck that. This is the end boss. The final boss. They've been building it up for seven fucking seasons, it would be lame and hugely anticlimactic if they beat them early on. 

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Fuck that. This is the end boss. The final boss. They've been building it up for seven fucking seasons, it would be lame and hugely anticlimactic if they beat them early on. 

But if they wont beat them at least a couple of episodes before the final episode they will either have to rush the conclusion of who will sit on the Iron Throne, or leave it ambiguous with Cersei still on the throne. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar
Spelling

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!