Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Scary isn't the word I would use. More like Spoiled brat who needs some Spartan discipline XD 

You kidding? So hearing a kid learn he’s a GOD and slowly turn into an entitled little shit doesn’t make u nervous? Especially seeing how he slowly starts ignoring your words of wisdom? 

Or when he went off on the poor dwarf and that storm rolled in as he was yelling?

Im gettin nervous lol

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

The main is definitely a Swede. I don’t know what any other Nordic accents sound like. XD 

Well you're right about that one. 

Daedric armor guy is Finnish. Companion armor guy is Norwegian. And that last guy in clothes is Danish.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

49 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Brat maybe, but how is he spoiled?

He made himself spoiled, thinking cause he's a god he's entitled to everything  XD

42 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You kidding? So hearing a kid learn he’s a GOD and slowly turn into an entitled little shit doesn’t make u nervous? Especially seeing how he slowly starts ignoring your words of wisdom? 

Or when he went off on the poor dwarf and that storm rolled in as he was yelling?

Im gettin nervous lol

Cool little detail...remember who his grand father is? 

27 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

He made himself spoiled, thinking cause he's a god he's entitled to everything  XD

Cool little detail...remember who his grand father is? 

Of course, I picked up on that pretty quick, especially after the helheim flashbacks

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparent Rezi2 sold 4 million copies the first month. I hope this is a signal to publishers high quality singe player games can still make bank. 

Bruh, if Witcher 3 doesn't do it, I don't know what else will, they sold 4 million in two weeks.

33 million copies total since its release.

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Bruh, if Witcher 3 doesn't do it, I don't know what else will, they sold 4 million in two weeks.

33 million copies total since its release.

Well in Witcher's case the developer is the publisher XD CD has business and moral sense, they ain't the problem. It's the other 90 percent of video game publishers. But Capcom was in a pretty dark place half a decade ago, if they can redeem themselves, any company can redeem themselves.

I hope the success of Resident Evil 2, and the failure of Anthem and others like it, will be a clear message. 

Yea, the fact that there's been some seriously successful singleplayer games as of late, and more on the rise soon does give me hope, especially with the failings of bioware and bethesda but they still gotta conquer the Fortnite crowd and stuff somehow.

Which.... in all honesty is never gonna happen. They've made 1 billion in sales since last year.. though supposedly they've declined by 50 percent recently in revenue earned but their sales are still the same, meaning I guess people are buying less skins lol.

Though I thought fortnite was free to play, cant remember. How they make their money is alien to me almost, I just cant fathom people shelling out all this cash for dances and emotes and gay ass outfits.

And all the top dogs for video game revenue are still multiplayer games despite the failures of Bethesda and Bioware to get in on the action. They tried to touch the sun and got burned lol.

Though EA is honestly not gonna lose much at all from the gamble with Anthem, they have FIFA, and they make the most of any console game period.

Only one that loses there is Bioware.

They’ve been saying that dumb shit for years, lol. 

It’s so improbable that anyone thinking it real is basically your equivalent to a Scientologist. Since aliens being responsible for our being here on earth is just about as probable.

Our modern gpu can’t yet even run a detailed enough simulator for one person with the computing power of 1 Tera flop, or 1 trillion (10^12) operations per second. And a lot of those theories were going off the idea that this sort of futuristic operation speed (what we have now) would be enough to create a satisfying simulator for one human brain since there’s about 100 billion (10^11) motor and sensory neurons in the human brain, and so the processing speed would need to be greater than or at least as great to keep your human mind occupied.

So I can’t imagine how much energy and computing power it would take to accurately simulate every last particle in the known universe for every human mind in existence or the kind of computer that could hold that many gpus. would be ridiculous, like an entire world dedicated to generating and housing a race of people to enslave them in a simulation.

It would need to be at least like (10^27) ops/sec for every last human for every last particle in the known universe. If we get to a population of around 10 billion as predicted.

You could try simulating only part of the known universe, that would be more probable but then you’d start having Matrix plot lines lol.

To sum up it’d be like saying in the future it’s possible we’ll have a Death Star, but the amount of energy required for a weapon like that is also equally as ridiculous. The Death Star would need to be much bigger than represented in those movies lol.

Yeah but thats all from our understanding, that doesn’t discount the possibility. Not saying I’m a “WE ARE JUST A SIMULATION” person, but shit like this breaks everything we know, and quantum physics has been breaking our “laws” of the universe sense it’s inception. And it gets my mind working.

Fuck:dntknw: