Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

Quantum mechanics are very freaky... look up the observer effect of the double slit experiment if you wanna break your head some more... that shit will really make you think you’re in a simulation lol.

Me, I just think we’ve come nowhere near understanding physics on that level yet as it’s on a plane of existence so unlike our own that observing it from our perspective shows some weird shit that it’s gonna take a while to properly explain.

For instance, the observer effect makes it seem as though the photons in that experiment take a different tragectory when someone is watching than it does when someone is not, lol.

Now that, is freaky and I’m surprised it didn’t show up on the video. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

This does remind me a lot of the Big Bang theory though and how if someone says “God” people scoff and snort, but if you say Big Bang, then “aliens” and advanced civilization simulation, suddenly creating whole worlds and planning physics and mechanics on quantum levels seems probable, lol and they’re essentially saying the same thing.

That the intelligent design fallacy isn’t as much of a fallacy as they thought, up until they start thinking they understand something better and no longer need fantastical theories to placate their lack of understanding of the unknown.

7 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Quantum mechanics are very freaky... look up the observer effect of the double slit experiment if you wanna break your head some more... that shit will really make you think you’re in a simulation lol.

Me, I just think we’ve come nowhere near understanding physics on that level yet as it’s on a plane of existence so unlike our own that observing it from our perspective shows some weird shit that it’s gonna take a while to properly explain.

For instance, the observer effect makes it seem as though the photons in that experiment take a different tragectory when someone is watching than it does when someone is not, lol.

Now that, is freaky and I’m surprised it didn’t show up on the video. 

That’s what the video was about. Lol. Literally a whole video about the double slit experiment :rofl:

Edited by Centurion

Fuck:dntknw:

51 minutes ago, Centurion said:

That’s what the video was about. Lol. Literally a whole video about the double slit experiment :rofl:

XD Yes @Centurion but that's not what I'm talking about.

They mentioned half of what makes that experiment cool but they left out all of the "Observer Effect" of the double slit experiment. 

Like I said, basically while they were watching they recorded the waves behaving in one manner. Typically reacting individually between one slit or the other. When they werent looking directly at it however, the particles seemed to go through the slits simultaneously. If I'm remembering it correctly.

Long story short, the whole "this is a simulation, we're being observed" thing came from the "Observer Effect" in this experiment, not just the basic principle of this double slit experiment, that photon particles behave as though they were aware of the slit. Nah, they were so flabbergasted by the recordings that they thought the photons were somehow aware of the scientists themselves.

I know about the observer affect. It’s the main reason I brought it up. Hell the video was only included so some of the people that didn’t know what I was talking about could get a handle on it. But yeah it’s all very weird ant it’s an interesting thing to try and wrap your mind around

Fuck:dntknw:

My bad for assuming that then, though it wasn't a gatcha thing, really. It was just to say that even with how much weirder that whole experiment is than most people give it credit for, I still don't personally think it's even remotely possible that the simulation theory is correct or even really worth giving much thought to.

It's fun though, but it also kind of annoys me because atheists will actually give this idea serious thought based off of something we don't understand, yet laugh at anyone that looks at the same strangeness of the unknown universe and sees God instead of Aliens with space magic.

It may as well be the same thing.

2133032247_MyVideo4.gif.8dcc8ce502e588391ddc735ef29ff817.gif1333570250_MyVideo1.gif.4e98a60e983f93b279b1a94bbd9241a7.gif

“Now that the Empire has been driven from the Reach we can put a stop to the raping of her silver mines. That silver belongs in Skyrim. Multiples of our enemies are buried in an avalanche of pain and retribution by your hand.” 

-Ulfric Stormcloak

http://colonel-killa-bee.tumblr.com/post/183124303790/now-that-the-empire-has-been-driven-from-the

30 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@ColonelKillaBee Final trailer 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWxlbnI9mpU

I don't.... see Dante's getting out of this alive. Looks amazing though. Comes out next week after ten years, pretty surreal. Shitty combo videos here we come XD

Gay

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Didn't like the Vergil tease XD He's had to be in the game, this is the grand finale of the series. 

XD No I was just referring to how melodramatic they always get.

Its always their weakest aspect in what's otherwise a super badass series. Its why you never see me posting shit about it here, I'll be like "Hey (X) look at my nigga Dante get all the pu-," and then all you hear is "KIRIEEEEEEEE!!!!" XD 

:rofl: 

But, aside from that it looks like it'll be a fun ride. It looks damn good and it seems like they worked on the faces, they look so much better right now, less uncanny valley even with douchy Nero and his redneck italian auntie Karen, lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

XD No I was just referring to how melodramatic they always get.

Its always their weakest aspect in what's otherwise a super badass series. Its why you never see me posting shit about it here, I'll be like "Hey (X) look at my nigga Dante get all the pu-," and then all you hear is "KIRIEEEEEEEE!!!!" XD 

:rofl: 

But, aside from that it looks like it'll be a fun ride. It looks damn good and it seems like they worked on the faces, they look so much better right now, less uncanny valley even with douchy Nero and his redneck italian auntie Karen, lol.

:rofl: Alright I admit, the villain is chewing alot of ham. "I'LL SHOW YOU NIGHMARES!" And i'm impressed how Nero didn't scream "KYRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" But yeah, I still think it's cheesy in a hilarious way. Like I'm sure nobody wrote this seriously. 

Or this fucking scene 

And yeah the faces look great. It's running on the Resident Evil Engine, and that thing does faces better then anything i've seen. That and hair. 

• Haha 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Hey Dante fucking accurately reciting Shakespeare with the villain is amazingly stupid XD 

XD Indeed but not gonna lie I did like it, especially when the music started playing.

They obviously don't take themselves seriously, and only Dante can get away with something so ridiculous and have his image come out unscathed.

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Would like better uncompressed XD Getting nightmares of Xbox 360 Skyrim.  

Its like that because that's all tumblr would allow lol, they only give you enough data to make the shitiest gifs.

But, its a gif so it hardly matters.