Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Holy shit. The outbreak in episode 3 was fucking insane. Love the crown prince.

Same, I thought he'd be a little shit at first but he turned out to be a really good character, as is his bodyguard. 

And the medical chick too, she's great as well.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee

Just finished that vid. I don’t like or care about pokemon or Minecraft, and I don’t know shit about coding, but shit if that wasn’t the most impressive thing I’ve seen in a good while. Holy shit, it just kept getting crazier the more he explained.

Exactly! I almost stopped watching after I saw the gameboy and that it worked lol, I was like "Neat" and was about to keep scrolling until he said that everything that makes it work was under the stadium. I was like "Everything that makes it work? Isn't this just basically a mod?"

And then there was the reveal. 

Literally a whole world created to hold code, just for an old game on a tiny screen. And the shit works incredibly well too, just like the actual game. Mind boggling.

• Like 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Exactly! I almost stopped watching after I saw the gameboy and that it worked lol, I was like "Neat" and was about to keep scrolling

Literally exactly what happened with me. XD I was like “Cool. But Colonel overblew this.” Then he said it was all textures made by different amounts of diamond item health combinations, which is insane, then he opened up the bottom and my jaw dropped. He went full Matrix. 

• Haha 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

What I wanna know is why this guy’s doing this shit for free at his house instead of, I don’t know, using his genius to usurp Apple or some shit.

Dude has proven to me that Father Elijah wasn’t a bullshit character after all. Those people exist. 

Yea, lol people were like "shouldn't you be curing cancer or some shit?"

I can't speak for that guy because I don't know his personality type, but Elijah I feel is a textbook INTP, same for Solas, and they both have the characteristic of doing incredible things, but on their own sweet time, and in their own way on their own terms.

I'm exactly like that lol, just not neeearly as smart as this guy who is a literal genius. Same as Elijah.

The most common thing I heard from my family and my teachers was "If you just applied yourself, you could do X." Teachers hate INTPs lol because they see what they could do and see their potential and were usually like... eh. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Literally exactly what happened with me. XD I was like “Cool. But Colonel overblew this.” Then he said it was all textures made by different amounts of diamond item health combinations, which is insane, then he opened up the bottom and my jaw dropped. He went full Matrix. 

It was the most dramatic way of showing you just how complex game design really is. You need literal geniuses to make these fucking things.

Its why game developers will necro a game engine until the shit turns to dust.

@ColonelKillaBee Binged watch it. It was really good, but oh fucking hell, I haven't been sequel baited like that since bloody Halo 2 XD

I was surprised there was so much black comedy in it XD I was switching between horrified and laughing my ass off.

Alot to digest. I find it entertaining the Queen has a baby factory XD Seems a little odd though, don't know if most royalty would be okay with it. The baby's going to be a lowborn peasant, a universal obsession within the royalty is to keep the blood of royalty pure. What's the point of ruling if you aren't going to keep your bloodline secure? If we take Dales for example, she's raising (not really, she's very deadbeat XD) a surrogate child, her niece as as her heir, but she's still part of her line.

I was honestly really worried when you told me it had a depressing ending, thought the Prince was going to bite it (hah) or something XD It's bleak, but they still have a chance. I think the next season is going to be about trying to breach the wall.

My gut is telling me the Bodyguard is the traitor. The others would be too obvious. 

And yeah my favorite character is the Prince. You can tell he's elitist and classist, but he's royalty and was raised in the palace. I think his heart is in the right place, and he certainly cares alot about the commoners. 

Super excited for the next season.

• Haha 1

she’s desperate. The king is dead, and her options are slim so she has little choice, plus her father is the one with the power and he was pretty clear, she has a boy or her ass is grass.

Seems like he doesn’t even know she’s not really pregnant. 

My guess though is she’ll kill all of those women once she gets what she wants :( bodyguards wife is among them