Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #17

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Though personally I wouldn’t even put Dishonored in this mix because it’s not really a FPS at all.

Though maybe I’m biased because I really don’t want to see Reach and Dishonored pit against one another. XD 

Yea I guess calling it a shooters pretty inaccurate. Not much gunplay like Bioshock

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’d put them on similar levels in terms of atmosphere, but Reach’s gameplay feels much more smooth and satisfying, its storytelling is better, it’s characters are waaaay better, it has some of the best multiplayer ever, and a bunch of other stuff that just makes it much more well rounded than Metro, imo. Like Colonel said, it’s the full package.

I mean would you expect a bastard to be smooth in reallife, the guns in Metro are literal shit and in complete disrepair XD

Bastard.jpg

And I always though Halo Reach's story and characters we're nothing to write home about. There all certainly very cool, but you really didn't get a chance to know them before they died XD I wouldn't compare someone fully developed like Arytom to Noble Six in any capacity. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

You’re the one who did that! XD 

I compared it because we we're using broad terms like FPS XD

Even if it is unfair to compare them, it’s only unfair because Bungie managed to do what so few have even today, make a fantastic singleplayer and multiplayer game that not only doesn’t take away from either experience, but both augment one another.

Only reason I don’t want singleplayer game developers to try this anymore is because I don’t have faith in most gaming companies to even pull this off

Including present day Bungie.

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

wouldn't compare someone fully developed like Arytom to Noble Six in any capacity. 

You’re comparing Metro’s very best (and honestly only particularly good) character to the only guy in Reach who was intentionally a blank slate. Noble team only had one game of development, but they are all way more fleshed out and likable than almost anyone else in Metro. The only other one who is even worth mention is Pavel, who loses points for being a no good Commie fuck.

That said, Noble 6 was pretty awesome for a mostly blank slate.

Dude. Noble 6. Courier 6. Mostly blank slates who are actually total badasses just from the few parts that aren’t blank. Protagonists of the best games in their franchises, that are both underrated to the point of being forgotten. Inatillumi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

You’re comparing Metro’s very best (and honestly only particularly good) character to the only guy in Reach who was intentionally a blank slate. Noble team only had one game of development, but they are all way more fleshed out and likable than almost anyone else in Metro. The only other one who is even worth mention is Pavel, who loses points for being a no good Commie fuck.

That said, Noble 6 was pretty awesome for a mostly blank slate.

Dude. Noble 6. Courier 6. Mostly blank slates who are actually total badasses just from the few parts that aren’t blank. Protagonists of the best games in their franchises, that are both underrated to the point of being forgotten. Inatillumi.

You know 6 is also the number of the fucking beast XD And Pavel was a bro for a communist...

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I mean would you expect a bastard to be smooth in reallife, the guns in Metro are literal shit and in complete disrepair XD

Bastard.jpg

And I always though Halo Reach's story and characters we're nothing to write home about. There all certainly very cool, but you really didn't get a chance to know them before they died XD I wouldn't compare someone fully developed like Arytom to Noble Six in any capacity. 

I compared it because we we're using broad terms like FPS XD

This whole post is a complete flip flop from your previous comments about it XD before you made the metro comparison you were sucking Noble Six’s Mjolnir armored balls just like the rest of us.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

You know 6 is also the number of the fucking beas

I think you’re off by about 660. Or 610 depending on who you ask. :P 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And Pavel was a bro for a communist...

Pavel is about as good of a bro to Artyom as Dutch is a father to John Marston.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

That’s 666 you fuckin goon XD 

26 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think you’re off by about 660. Or 610 depending on who you ask. :P 

Pavel is about as good of a bro to Artyom as Dutch is a father to John Marston.

I guess there's a reason I nearly failed religion class in Grade 9 XD

Man, work is bringing me down lol. I’ve got to right a Patton post that takes place before the Halloween posts, I’ve got to continue writing a Halloween post with witch, I’ve got to write a Halloween post for Patton and then I’ve got to continue writing a Patton post with czar after all that and I just have no desire to because work is sucking me dry. Feel free to put me on a cross guys :cross:

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

3 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Man, work is bringing me down lol. I’ve got to right a Patton post that takes place before the Halloween posts, I’ve got to continue writing a Halloween post with witch, I’ve got to write a Halloween post for Patton and then I’ve got to continue writing a Patton post with czar after all that and I just have no desire to because work is sucking me dry. Feel free to put me on a cross guys :cross:

Hang in there, buddy. It’s almost the weekend.

4 hours ago, Centurion said:

You should then focus on one post at a time. Starting with the most import one, that is to say the one I'm part of. :P Though I think that as a rule of thumb you should focus on posts in chronological order. 

• Haha 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!