Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #17

Obisidian's new Sci Fi RPG is being shown at the VGA's! I hope it's more similar to New Vegas, then there usual isometric ones (I like Isometric RPGS as much as the next dude, but they've made so many in the last few years...) They now have the money and backing of Microsoft, so I hope to be impressed.

There posting these on twitter right now. I love the retro feel! Reminds me of Bioshock

DtHN1MlXcAAzGP5.jpg

sc-weapon.jpg

Oh and Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky (people who worked on the original Fallout) are doing it!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Obisidian's new Sci Fi RPG is being shown at the VGA's! I hope it's more similar to New Vegas, then there usual isometric ones (I like Isometric RPGS as much as the next dude, but they've made so many in the last few years...) They now have the money and backing of Microsoft, so I hope to be impressed.

The Microsoft deal was very recent. I doubt it would have much impact on a game they are already showing off unless they knew it was gonna work out long in advance.

I imagine it’ll be isometric, but that’s fine by me. They make damn good iso games.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t know about the rest of y’all, but all these reddit posts getting uploaded to the site display really weirdly on my phone and mess up the whole page.

1 minute ago, BTC said:

Same. I’d appreciate it if y’all post reddit links to put them under a spoiler tag

Sorry about that guys, fixed.

• Thanks 1

Oh and Bethesda changed the 76 collectors edition without telling anyone, replacing the promised satchel bag with a much more shitty one, people are finding out. That's fucking dirty.

https://gamerant.com/fallout-76-collector-edition-bag/

It's not just the game that's dog shit, it's everything surrounding it. It's like it was managed by monkeys.

Bethesda’s actual response:

“Hello,

We are sorry you aren’t happy with the bag. The bag shown in the media was a prototype and was too expensive to make.

We aren’t planning on doing anything about it.

-Bethesda Gear Store Support”

:rofl: Holy shit, this is so unapologetically scummy that it’s actually kind of hilarious.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

As Doc said, this had been in production well before the Microsoft deal.

They're not just becoming a console exclusive developer out of nowhere.

The deal could have been in the works long before it was actually announced.

7 minutes ago, Celan said:

They're not just becoming a console exclusive developer out of nowhere.

The deal could have been in the works long before it was actually announced.

“For consoles” doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be a console exclusive. It likely just means it’ll be available on consoles, which is worth clarifying as many of Obsidian’s recent games were not.

And Microsoft exclusives usually are available on both PC and Xbox. If anyone is likely to miss out, it’ll be the PlayStation crowd.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Bethesda’s actual response:

“Hello,

We are sorry you aren’t happy with the bag. The bag shown in the media was a prototype and was too expensive to make.

We aren’t planning on doing anything about it.

-Bethesda Gear Store Support”

:rofl: Holy shit, this is so unapologetically scummy that it’s actually kind of hilarious.

It's so horrible and anti consumer, it's like something out of a parody. Especially the last part. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

“For consoles” doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be a console exclusive. It likely just means it’ll be available on consoles, which is worth clarifying as many of Obsidian’s recent games were not.

And Microsoft exclusives usually are available on both PC and Xbox. If anyone is likely to miss out, it’ll be the PlayStation crowd.

Maybe, but it's a strange phrase if you mean multiplatform. MS was not always PC friendly, that is recent and they could be going backwards if they want to sell more consoles. Have to see.

And yeah, Bethesda was furiously taking notes from EA, apparently.

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

Maybe, but it's a strange phrase if you mean multiplatform.

To be fair, it hasn’t even been officially announced yet. That was just some quick statement by a programmer.

Also, the post is from 2017. Safe bet Obsidian and Microsoft weren’t colluding to make an Xbox exclusive over a year before they settled on partnering up.

1 hour ago, Celan said:

Maybe, but it's a strange phrase if you mean multiplatform. MS was not always PC friendly, that is recent and they could be going backwards if they want to sell more consoles. Have to see.

And yeah, Bethesda was furiously taking notes from EA, apparently.

That would be a very weird development out of the blue for a company known for pc titles as well as console

Made for console isn’t always a bad thing, that typically just means their controls were designed for controllers. It’s only bad if the pc UI isn’t up to par like in the case of skyrim

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Yeah Microsoft has always been pretty PC friendly (They own Windows for heavens sake) 

And if you ask any Indie dev, apparently Microsoft is a blast to work with, and they usually treat the devs they buy decently. There not like EA who shoot you in the head of you have one bad selling title.  Wouldn't worry about Obsidian under them. 

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I won’t say they always were, they still haven’t released all halo games for pc and it’s been over ten years.

But I do trust the pc gaming market and its growing consumer base, and I trust that Microsoft has been paying attention to it.

The first 2 Halos we're released on PC (pretty shoddy ports though)  But yeah, it's improved alot in the last 2 years.

They have this really cool program called play anywhere, so if you buy an Xbox One game, you can also play it on your PC free of charge! 

And now with Halo Wars, Halo Wars 2, and now Halo Infinite (and most of there flagship titles) coming to PC, there's a very good chance of more Halo ports.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Yeah Microsoft has always been pretty PC friendly (They own Windows for heavens sake) 

And if you ask any Indie dev, apparently Microsoft is a blast to work with, and they usually treat the devs they buy decently. There not like EA who shoot you in the head of you have one bad selling title.  Wouldn't worry about Obsidian under them. 

No, they have not. They refused to develop for PC for a long time as a way to cajole people to buy an Xbox. Then there were all their shitty "Xbox first" releases, even with Skyrim DLC.

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The first 2 Halos we're released on PC (pretty shoddy ports though)  But yeah, it's improved alot in the last 2 years.

They have this really cool program called play anywhere, so if you buy an Xbox One game, you can also play it on your PC free of charge! 

And now with Halo Wars, Halo Wars 2, and now Halo Infinite (and most of there flagship titles) coming to PC, there's a very good chance of more Halo ports.

I’ll give credit when they’re actually here. Still waiting.

And I mean the actual halo titles, not the rts spinoffs, one of which is already on pc.

So that leaves 3, 4, 5 (which I don’t care about tbh), Reach (probably never gonna happen :cry: ) ODST, and Infinite

• Sad 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’ll give credit when they’re actually here. Still waiting.

And I mean the actual halo titles, not the rts spinoffs, one of which is already on pc.

So that leaves 3, 4, 5 (which I don’t care about tbh, Reach (probably never gonna happen :cry: ODST, and Infinite

We'll get all of them (Except Reach :( ) If that rumor about the MCC collection coming to PC is true, fingers crossed. 

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I loved that at the time XD Not gonna lie

Same here, I used to rub it to my PS3 fans face :chaos: The console wars we're the glory days

PC Skyrim players used to always rub it in our faces they had mods and we didn't so it felt like karmic justice to me >:(

• Haha 1