Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #17

:rofl:

Holy shit the funniest thing just happened in Red Dead 2.

Chapter 3 spoilers.

Okay so I was doing that mission to burn down the tobacco fields with Sean, we burn down the fields and are trying to escape. This dumb ass Irishmen runs straight through a burning corpse of an enemy and I think nothing of it. He walks about four more steps and his pants spontaneously combust. He instantly falls down but for a few seconds is completely silent as it slowly spreads through his pants. Then out of nowhere he starts screaming at the top of his lungs and I'm confused if this was a scripted event.

Nope, he awkwardly burns alive for thirty seconds with his whole body getting enveloped by the fire, finally I get a mission failed screen saying Sean has died.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Man, This whole thing is really just upsetting to me because Bethesda rpgs are really all I play now. I don’t like other games. I don’t like multiplayer games, I don’t necessarily enjoy other rpgs, but I adore TES and Fallout and now they are going down the drain. I never thought I’d see a day where video games just don’t interest me anymore, but I feel like it’s wuickly approaching

Aye, CDPR is all I care about now, and they're likely not enough to save gaming for me when my current PC dies. Just not worth the expense when there are so few games being made that I want to play. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Personally, I’d blame Bethesda for taking their money, not Microsoft for trying to get a leg up on the competition.

I blame both.

I'll leave it to you to Google, but this is far from the only way Microsoft has shit on PC gamers and only recently come around somewhat, and I'm far from the only one who has this impression.

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

and I'm far from the only one who has this impression.

You always get on me for using this :PXD 

Joking aside, like I said I don’t disagree, but the point about Obsidian making a game designed around console controls being a sign of them going back to excluding pc from games I don’t agree with. 

They very well might, but I don’t think that’s proof of it like what was originally said.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, Celan said:

I blame both.

I'll leave it to you to Google, but this is far from the only way Microsoft has shit on PC gamers and only recently come around somewhat, and I'm far from the only one who has this impression.

Microsoft didn’t owe Bethesda fans anything. I don’t see how it’s their fault that Bethsoft/Zenimax/whoever was cheap and greedy enough to screw over segments of their fan base (Microsoft’s competition) and sell them exclusives that offer an advantage. It’s not like they had the power to make Beth do that.

And I don’t need to google. I’ve seen plenty of videos explaining why things Microsoft has done were shitty. I just agree with Colonel that these aren’t really good examples, and with Balrog that they are not nearly as bad as some other companies in the industry.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You always get on me for using this :PXD 

Joking aside, like I said I don’t disagree, but the point about Obsidian making a game designed around console controls being a sign of them going back to excluding pc from games I don’t agree with. 

They very well might, but I don’t think that’s proof of it like what was originally said.

And even if they did, that post about it being a game on consoles was over a year old, so it wouldn’t have anything to do with Microsoft regardless.

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Microsoft didn’t owe Bethesda fans anything. I don’t see how it’s their fault that Bethsoft/Zenimax/whoever was cheap and greedy enough to screw over segments of their fan base (Microsoft’s competition) and sell them exclusives that offer an advantage. It’s not like they had the power to make Beth do that.

And I don’t need to google. I’ve seen plenty of videos explaining why things Microsoft has done were shitty. I just agree with Colonel that these aren’t really good examples, and with Balrog that they are not nearly as bad as some other companies in the industry.

Microsoft decided to screw with PC players in favor of Xbox. The fact that they extended their exclusives only to their console and not to the Windows platform shows their views on PC gaming.

Whether they're good reasons or not is your opinion, you don't need to share mine. I would not be at all surprised if Microsoft goes back to their console only ways.

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also, Reach did the most to make me feel like a real spartan even if not Spartan II’s. The elites were better than they’d ever been and were never any more intimidating or impressive as they were in that game. 

That was Halo gameplay and atmosphere at its peak, no FPS game has ever reached that level of quality since.

I would say Metro Last Light and 2033 (last light especially) are very close to it's level, too bad you'll never find out XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I would say Metro Last Light and 2033 (last light especially) are very close to it's level, too bad you'll never find out XD

I haven’t played them true, but from what I’ve seen of it, Im gonna say I doubt it. Reach had fantastic single player and multiplayer, plus polished visuals, theater mode, forge mode, and let you design your own spartan for both single player and multiplayer

They brought way more to the package than a lot of games period but especially FPS games. Were I talking just straight up good singleplayer I’d have mentioned Doom and Dishonored

• Like 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I haven’t played them true, but from what I’ve seen of it, Im gonna say I doubt it. Reach had fantastic single player and multiplayer, plus polished visuals, theater mode, forge mode, and let you design your own spartan for both single player and multiplayer

They brought way more to the package than a lot of games period but especially FPS games. Were I talking just straight up good singleplayer I’d have mentioned Doom and Dishonored

Well Metro is single player only (And I hope to god it stays that way) different focus and all that jazz. So I think it's poor to compare them, because the only thing they have in similar is there FPS's, which to be honest is a very broad genre. If you want a highly atmospheric, story focused, horror elements challenging, open-almost simulator esque (depending on the difficulty) there's nothing better. 

And yeah, if we're talking First Person ones, then Dishonored and DOOM all deserve mentions. 

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@The Good Doctor

Especially with pc gaming on the rise right now and PlayStation whooping their asses silly. They’d be stupid to neglect the pc gaming market further. Especially when it’s an entire avenue of gaming that PlayStation has no part of.

They were stupid to do so before. Windows is THEIR product. 

Let us not even speak of that monstrosity that was Games for Windows Live.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I’d put them on similar levels in terms of atmosphere, but Reach’s gameplay feels much more smooth and satisfying, its storytelling is better, it’s characters are waaaay better, it has some of the best multiplayer ever, and a bunch of other stuff that just makes it much more well rounded than Metro, imo. Like Colonel said, it’s the full package.

1 minute ago, Celan said:

They were stupid to do so before. Windows is THEIR product. 

Let us not even speak of that monstrosity that was Games for Windows Live.

I don’t think it was as stupid as it would be now, pc gaming hasn’t been this popular since Doom’s first release, since everyone has a pc now and one needed for gaming isn’t as expensive as it used to be, unless we’re talking next gen top tier graphics games like Witcher.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Well Metro is single player only (And I hope to god it stays that way) different focus and all that jazz. So I think it's poor to compare them...

My boi, you’re the one that made the comparison not me XD