Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #17

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yeadidnt we all agree already that the “millions of sales” comment was just bullshit and basically a middle finger to the haters? That’s all it is, they beat a record for quickest price drops.

That wouldn’t have happened if “millions” were playing

Yeah, the entire first page of reviews on the Xbox marketplace gave it one star ratings. My favorite finished by saying not to even consider wasting your time, money, or half baked brain cells on this “bag of truck stop heroin.” XD 

Edit: Correction, there is a single two star review. 

Edited by The Good Doctor
Don’t wanna misrepresent Fallout 76’s reception
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, the entire first page of reviews on the Xbox marketplace gave it one star ratings. My favorite finished by saying not to even consider wasting your time, money, or half baked brain cells on this “bag of truck stop heroin.” XD 

:rofl:

Going to play Witcher 3 and Fallout New Vegas til my computer collapses... already seeing some glitches, maybe losing my video card... and call it a day.

I'm noticing this time that the different towns in the Witcher 3 have different regional accents. Like, there's a Novigrad accent, an Oxenfurt/ Redanian accent, Crow's Perch which is different than the rest of Velen. The dwarves and halflings have different accents (Scottish and Welsh respectively), and it's giving me a new appreciation of Skellige to think of them as Irish.

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Why do you have an army of wolves painted fucking blue XD I thought Bears we're you're animal.

Red White and Blue niggaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

And to answer your question, because while wolves are obsolete to bears, direwolves trump both...

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Dragon fucking age 4 leaked (the source has been right before) for the game awards. I'm a little excited, but mostly scared because of Andromeda. Let's hope they try and take the best aspects of Origins and Inquisition. Apparently the game won't be coming for like 3 years, so Bioware has plenty of time to work on it. 

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/12/04/dragon-age-4-announcement-the-game-awards-2021-release/

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Spoiler alert, it’s gonna be garbage.

The three year mark is probably half because they’ve sidelined it sharply in favor of Anthem, their next up and coming failure.

And with CD project, Fromsoft, and Obsidian killing it in the RPG market, I think Bioware is also kinda pasay. And one point they we're a master of there craft, but not anymore, and other companies have come to fill the gap. Kinda like what happened to Beth.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I think if they gave up on open world games they could actually push out a good rpg again.

Maybe. Dragon Age 2 wasn’t open world and was mediocre.

Dragon Age 2 only had like...a year and a half of proper fucking development (that's why it was so baked) It was supposed to be a spin off title, Dragon Age the Journey (a standalone expansion-esque thing) but Greedy EA forced Bioware to slap 2 onto it. 

It all depends. Don't have much hope, but it's nice to dream.