Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #10

Stop right there, criminal scum!  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to watch clean up the streets in the name of the law?

• Endar and Yornar
    • Baldur and Rebec
    • Ubbe and Trevis
    • Sybille and Morane

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I read that his performance was to blame along with his hiatus for not getting more movie offers.

From what I've heard his performance was more to blame on Lucas who apparently told him to act like a whiner. And given how much power a director has over what and how the actors shall act, I don't doubt it. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

So ever since I joined the army, I’ve been slimming down a lot, like today is a historic day in my life, I finally fit into medium shirts for the first time since 10th grade. Well, my upper body has been slimming down I should say, because my ass has remained untouched by the trim. And that’s what the point of this post is lol. Story time. So I’m walking around Ala Moana (mall in Honolulu) waiting for Paige to get ready and I’m wearing my khakis that make my ass pop. Well, I walked on to one of the escalators and these two black girls walked on right behind me and I heard one say “I’m hungry” and the other said “I’d like to take a bite out of that” and then black girl #1 responded with “Damn he thick” and I just slowly turned around and made eye contact before walking away. This is jut a continuation of a trend of me getting catcalled and hit on by random women ever since I got to Hawaii. XD I’m not sure how I feel about it all, but I do get a good laugh out of it

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

From what I've heard his performance was more to blame on Lucas who apparently told him to act like a whiner. And given how much power a director has over what and how the actors shall act, I don't doubt it. 

Rofl that's unfortunate.

That said, I did like his performance tbh. For all the jokes I think it fit pretty well. It was organic seeing the change lead to the road he took. It just sucks because for a brief moment in the beginning of episode 3 I thought he'd grown up. He kinda did actually, but Palpatine stunted that growth.

Anyway I liked it, I just wish it wasn't so memeable.

Wait, no I don't XD The prequel has some of the best memes online of anything period.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Rofl that's unfortunate.

That said, I did like his performance tbh. For all the jokes I think it fit pretty well. It was organic seeing the change lead to the road he took. It just sucks because for a brief moment in the beginning of episode 3 I thought he'd grown up. He kinda did actually, but Palpatine stunted that growth.

Anyway I liked it, I just wish it wasn't so memeable.

Wait, no I don't XD The prequel has some of the best memes online of anything period.

I just wish the memes didn't come at the cost of good, coherent and well told story. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And oh man, the Elite Knight set looks fucking baller in the Remaster. Zweih of course is one shoting everything in the early game XD

ZqkBCIu.jpg

Gimme a build suggestion for wielding zwei as fast as possible in the remastered.

52 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

In other news, Solo bombed. Kinda glad, hopefully the chick running things will get her shit together.

Kathleen Kennedy’s producing track record is pretty phenomenal. I wouldn’t be surprised if she course corrected 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Kennedy_(producer)

Though I imagine the failure could easily be attributed to fatigue since TLJ came out not that long ago, as well as the general lack of desire for a Han Solo movie. Though who knows, if word of mouth is good it could bounce back

• Like 1

I see a lot of people claiming that and I think it's BS. TLJ came out relatively recently, sure but this is star wars. The same people claiming that not too long ago were saying the exact opposite, that the movie couldn't go badly, because it's star wars...

I hope she does I really do, before the third movie comes.

9 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

What was incoherent or bad about it? 

6 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Exactly. Prequel hate always confuses me. The movies are fun, with cool battles, pure drama, and edginess What's not to like? Not everything has to be Shakespeare.

The chosen one prophesy, Anakin's and Padme's "romance", Anakin's turn to the dark side, all the little inconsistencies between the prequels the original trilogy, George Lucas being the director and writer of the dialogue and so on. 

I still like the movies to an extent as they still got some good in them. And beneath it all the baseline of the prequels is a very interesting one of how the dogmatic Jedi and corrupt and overly bureaucratic Republic brought about the rise of the Sith and the Empire. Problem was in the execution. I think the prequels would have been much better if George had taken more of a backseat and instead let another director and writers implement his vision for him. Or at least hire a small crew of people advising him on what works. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The same people claiming that not too long ago were saying the exact opposite, that the movie couldn't go badly, because it's star wars...

Honestly, I’ve noticed a pretty large amount of negativity towards Solo since its announcement. People were willing to give it a chance because it’s Star Wars, but I don’t know anyone who thought it couldn’t go badly. Most I knew agreed that a Han Solo movie was just unnecessary and unwanted. 

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Honestly, I’ve noticed a pretty large amount of negativity towards Solo since its announcement. People were willing to give it a chance because it’s Star Wars, but I don’t know anyone who thought it couldn’t go badly. Most I knew agreed that a Han Solo movie was just unnecessary and unwanted. 

I’m talking about the people who made it and promoted it not the fans.

8 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I see a lot of people claiming that and I think it's BS. TLJ came out relatively recently, sure but this is star wars. The same people claiming that not too long ago were saying the exact opposite, that the movie couldn't go badly, because it's star wars...

Yeah I don’t really buy that line. To me it’s what Doc said, about how people were generally apathetic towards a Han Solo movie.

Though the reactions I’ve seen have basically called it a decent movie. If you expect most Star Wars movies to be a home run, Solo is a double, is how I saw it described. Which is fine by me really. I’ll watch a decent Star Wars movie every time. 

11 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Gimme a build suggestion for wielding zwei as fast as possible in the remastered.

Put most of your shit into strength (go as knight, you start with a good amount of health and stamina) You need 24. It's very doable. 

Replace your knight set with chainmail (which you can get super cheap) until you get Havel's ring. It's not too heavy and surprisingly protective   

At the Dragon bridge you can get a claymore, you'll be using that for a tiny bit (basically a mini Zwei) 

Aquire the Ring of Favor and protection as SOON as possible (after you kill the Gargoyles Lauretrc will spawn at Firelink murder his ass.) That ring will make up for all the points you put into strength instead of vigor and endurance (You'll STILL have alot more health and stamina then most people)

As soon as you can kill Havel to get his ring (it's much better in the first game then the third. It with the Ring of favour, will let you quick roll with Zwei, Elite Knights, and a powerful shield.)

I did this all under two hours, so it shouldn't take you too long. 

• Thanks 1