Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #10

Stop right there, criminal scum!  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you want to watch clean up the streets in the name of the law?

• Endar and Yornar
    • Baldur and Rebec
    • Ubbe and Trevis
    • Sybille and Morane

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield/comments/8mopvw/bfv_design_directors_comments_on_controversy/?st=jhqh7hdi&sh=2398433d

Kinda funny, how being on the right side of history is completely disregarding history XD 

I had to look up what the hell this Battlefield controversy was. And in all honesty I think a much better excuse would be to say they want to give everyone the option to play how they in the multiplayer and that multiplayer isn't meant to be historical. Though that would of course require the campaign to be historically accurate. 

• Like 2

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

No one really wants true historical accuracy because if a game provided that it would be boring. We want a veneer of accuracy that lets us more easily pretend they’re playing through historical events. For some people, women soldiers are a step too far. I think Witch’s solution would be the best one, having multiplayer be basically historical fiction (which is what the whole game really is) and have the campaign adhere closer to the ‘accuracy’ people want. Though depending on what the campaign is, they could totally have women soldiers on the eastern front and with various partisan groups, and get the best of both worlds. 

Though to be honest that trailer was pretty shitty regardless of the game’s historical accuracy or lack thereof. The guy who used to do Battlefield’s trailers left and it shows. I think had they better communicated things there wouldn’t be a problem, except those that would object to any women in the game period, which would be a minority. I wouldn’t be surprised if the actual game is more accurate than trailer made it seem. 

Edited by BTCollins

I don't play much Battlefield so I don't know jack about how close their multiplayer has to be to the campaign, but I don't see why they couldn't add women models to the multiplayer, and leave the actual campaign be. Course like Collins said, depending on what the campaign is they could've had a field nurse/nurses have to fight because of a situation, some Russian snipers here or there, etc. Hell just one woman in the campaign thats a main character fighting in a historically accurate position, not even a playable character would've been a good enough excuse to add female models for you to choose in the actual multiplayer.

Halo didn't give a damn and added female spartan voices to Halo 3 before we ever saw any, followed by Halo Reach and Kat. It's fictional but also like what was said, despite being based off of real events, so is Battlefield.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Course like Collins said, depending on what the campaign is they could've had a field nurse/nurses have to fight because of a situation, some Russian snipers here or there, etc. Hell just one woman in the campaign thats a main character fighting in a historically accurate position, not even a playable character would've been a good enough excuse to add female models for you to choose in the actual multiplayer.

The last Battlefield campaign had several different protagonists, as you played various missions set all around the WW1 fronts. So if they kept that, they could very easily have a sniper mission where you play as a woman on the Eastern Fromt serving as a sniper, and a mission where you play as a French or Polish or whatever partisan fighting the occupying forces. It would be accurate and, like you said, allow you to chose those models in multiplayer. I wouldn’t be surupised if that’s their plan and the trailer just didn’t communicate it 

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Lmao your are supposed to put 3 in! I did the same shit the first time through

:rofl: :rofl: my thinking was, hey maybe this bitch will take off with 4. You never know with Bethesda. 

These dlcs lets me know Bethesda still has it in them to make good games. They just fucking dropped the ball hard with the main game. If the Nuka-World faction could replace the fucking completely unnecessary Railroad the game would’ve been so much better.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rofl: :rofl: my thinking was, hey maybe this bitch will take off with 4. You never know with Bethesda. 

These dlcs lets me know Bethesda still has it in them to make good games. They just fucking dropped the ball hard with the main game. If the Nuka-World faction could replace the fucking completely unnecessary Railroad the game would’ve been so much better.

I didn’t really enjoy Nuka World that much honestly. There were some gems I’ll give it that, but over all I thought it was pretty bland. 

Far Harbor on the other was great.

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

I think there's a separate team that works on the DLC, because, it's honestly always been this way. Bloodmoon was the best part of Morrowind. Shivering Isles was the best part of Oblivion. DB and DG was the best part of Skyrim. Clear step up on quality.

• Like 1

I thought nuka world while straight forward just had really good atmosphere. And being a raider boss was just so liberating. FINALLY I can stop caring about all this PC SJW save the robots let them fuck my wife or I'm racist bull SHIT. No morality questions, no real world connotations, just fuck these settlers and shoot at some alien automatrons witcha bois.

12 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think there's a separate team that works on the DLC, because, it's honestly always been this way. Bloodmoon was the best part of Morrowind. Shivering Isles was the best part of Oblivion. DB and DG was the best part of Skyrim. Clear step up on quality.

Not a separate team. Think about how quality would improve when your entire team is all focused on a smaller, more focused project within a game world that is already made, instead of trying to make an entire game world. That’s where the step up in quality comes from

• Like 3

Fuck:dntknw: