Civil War Aftermath OOC #2

I feel a bit sorry for Trevis. He thinks that he's been betrayed and really wants to bring Boldir and Mila back to Cyrodiil. Which is a little ironic since if he actually got in contact with his superiors I'm sure he'd be told to let the Stormcloaks have Boldir. The man seems to only bring misery and destruction wherever he goes. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

7 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

That seems to be more the exception than the rule. 

It’s honestly the default. Most of the destruction Boldir gets credited for only happens because he or Mila are being threatened. And apart from Riften, I’d say that they’re usually asking for it.

9 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Though then again, destruction tend to get more attention than anything good anyone does. 

Definitely. Most people in-character don’t care much about some random beggar or a bunch of orphans. Things like Riften burning, Sibbi’s “murder”, and the drowning of those soldiers get way attention.

And hell, the Imps only sent Trevis after him after he killed Sibbi (so they believed, anyway), and I would argue that that was mostly a good thing. And definitely just.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s honestly the default. Most of the destruction Boldir gets credited for only happens because he or Mila are being threatened. And apart from Riften, I’d say that they’re usually asking for it.

His fault or not, destruction and death does follow him more than prosperity and joy. 

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

His fault or not, destruction and death does follow him more than prosperity and joy. 

Well yeah, when people are trying to kill you, it’s hard not to do things that result in their destruction and death. What I mean is that aside from the people who threaten his family, Boldir doesn’t really cause that much trouble for the places he visits. Riften was a huge exception, of course, but he’s now been to like four or five Cyrodiilic cities and has not left them any of them much worse for wear. Whiterun and Chorrol have even benefited from his presence.

I think me and Doc had this same discussion a week ago XD

Away from the topic of Boldiestroyer, I feel really bad for the Inspector. He seems to be someone who genuinely believe in the Empire, it's not just "a job to him" :( I think he really felt they would have given them a fair trial and justice would be delivered. I wonder do you think he's also worried this is going to affect his career, for "failing" this very high profile case? Hopefully Lilly see's it was out of his hands.  Or maybe Dales will be gracious, cause he went directly to her about the Chorrol incident.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I think he really felt they would have given them a fair trial and justice would be delivered. I wonder do you think he's also worried this is going to affect his career, for "failing" this very high profile case?

It won’t be a total failure if Boldir faces some measure of justice in Skyrim. Trevis would obviously prefer it to be handled by the Empire, but without that as an option anymore, he hopes the Nords will make sure this is handled properly. Boldir is responsible for even more of their dead, after all.

I don't see what y'all are talking about with sadness and such in the last post, it's a continuation of what we already know, that they're captured and thus far on their way to Skyrim.

Anyway, I did like the detail about the Witch, lol I love it when shit gets complicated for otherwise down to earth characters with little or no experience with such things.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I didn’t think it was especially sad. Though I could see how it dashed any hope of escape. Or the most immediate and obvious hope of escape, with the ship going to Stros M’kai and Boldir and Mila remaining imprisoned. It seems more real and lasting (them being captured that is) after this post

• Like 2

Especially since Trevis’ part of the post made it pretty clear the Thalmor grab was forever a bust. If people expected something to miraculously happen to continue that part of the plot, they were probably disappointed.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Me and Colonel had been working on and off on it for fivish months. So yes its out of Chronlogical order. Like most of our RP.

Couldn't you at least have waited with it for a couple more weeks, or days at least? The council post that takes place before it is so close to done. 

6 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Couldn't you at least have waited with it for a couple more weeks, or days at least? The council post that takes place before it is so close to done. 

A) Five months. Wanted it done. It was getting to the point of Doc wondering if Dales had aged on her trip.

B) Me and Czar had a post in the works for A LONG time and we were waiting for Dales to come back to post it. It was unfair to him to delay that any longer.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

A) Five months. Wanted it done. It was getting to the point of Doc wondering if Dales had aged on her trip.

B) Me and Czar had a post in the works for A LONG time and we were waiting for Dales to come back to post it. It was unfair to him to delay that any longer.

Don't complain. You left me waiting almost a whole year on one post that made postpone my stuff. 

1 hour ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Don't complain. You left me waiting almost a whole year on one post that made postpone my stuff. 

I'm not complaining, i'm stating facts. I've already apologised for that, and it has zero relevance to what we're discussing right now. If you want you can put PSA at the front of your post saying it's before the Empress arrived in the Imperial City. It's no a big deal like how your trying to make it.