Civil War Aftermath OOC #2

Was looking for something back in some older posts and I ran across this beauty (by Colonel). It's just a couple of guards.

"Man, this post is so damn boring. My cousin's off fighting Forsworn and what do I get? G-"

"Yea yea, ..."

:rofl: There are so many funny quips throughout the RP that are easy to catch on a skim.

• Like 1

Ah yea that was the post where Daric got kidnapped or something trying to patrol the grey quarter, right? Lol kid's come a long way. Now instead of being kidnapped by peasants, he's got the honor of being kidnapped by the Thalmor.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this pretty simple map of the Imperial City from Lady Nerevar. Was curious what y'all thought about it. I personally like the inclusion of the various small island and how much larger it feels, which is appropriate given it's population. Having a number on it's size helps me to visualize the city better

UeuHSwb.jpg

Each square is 8 miles across, which makes the city roughly equal in size to San Fransisco, according to her comment on this reddit thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/3uv2mo/a_lorefilled_headcanon_map_of_the_imperial_city/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Does anyone happen to have that map I made with a scale meter on it? I seem to have lost it.

You took an existing map and added a scale to it, right? If so do you remember what map it was? I have a couple saved that have scales on them but I'm not sure which one is the one you made and which already had scales

2 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

You took an existing map and added a scale to it, right? If so do you remember what map it was? I have a couple saved that have scales on them but I'm not sure which one is the one you made and which already had scales

I remember I used this map as base:

1280?cb=20151019090524

Edited by Witchking of Angmar
Bloody hard to get correct size to show.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Alright. I'll do some measuring and see what I can come up with. 

I will say I think the island being between 16-32 miles wide feels right. Of course I'm not sure how it fits with your scale. I know Lady Nerevar considers Tamriel to be like, all of Europe and half of Asia or something massive. That feels too large to me, and closer to Europe's size seems right

8 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Which would mean according to her that Tamriel is tiny. 

I imagine she's probably scaled down the Imperial City. Her newest map doesn't have a scale but previous mentions I've seen talk about her considering Tamriel to be all of Europe and like half of Asia. So that tells me she must have scale down the size of the Imperial City and isles. 

Here's a comment from her calling a Europe sized Tamriel small

So I imagine she's just scaled the island down, otherwise it would be overly large. Which I think fits. I personally like the idea of most of the city taking up such a large part of the isle, rather than the island being massive.

How far across is the island on her IC map?

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

What do you mean? You said yourself that every square is 8 miles wide. 

Yeah but I was curious if you had a specific measurement that you were using. I can eyeball it looking at the picture but I didn't know if that's what you'd done or come up with a specific number

Just now, BTCollins said:

Yeah but I was curious if you had a specific measurement that you were using. I can eyeball it looking at the picture but I didn't know if that's what you'd done or come up with a specific number

I used the measuring tool in Photoshop and a calculator. I just measured the distance of the scale line and the width of the IC using two coast indents as reference points of the two maps. After which it's just some number crunching. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

On the Trevis post

I really like the perspective Trevis brings to his posts. It’s not quite average soldier, since he’s an Oculatus agent, but it is a bit more down to earth than the usual perspective. Not to mention it’s just cool to see an Oculatus agent in action. And as far as antagonists, he’s a pretty relatable one. Just a dude doing his job.

I also like how Roseloe continues to harass people, and how that could’ve actually led to something really bad for the Nords and Trevis had they not warned folks about it. The idea of a sailor convince to murder a Grim One in his sleep be Roseloe is pretty funny in a dark way

Good post Doc! I’m looking forward to seeing where this leads, either back to Skyrim or somewhere unexpected

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1