Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #2

34 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

It was long, but I think I managed to understand it. Only semi-related, but I wonder how this relates to the worship of Malacath by the Orcs, versus the Orcs that worship Trininac. Does Malacath hate Boethiah? Or is it just ‘Trinimac,’ even though he’s not around anymore. How would the Orcs, then, view Boethiah?

Also, only semi-related, but apparently the game Daggerfall says, somewhere (though I can’t find where) that Boethiah and Mephala are enemies of Peryite. I was wondering what y’all think the reasons might be for that, since y’all know more about that stuff than I do. 

I realized only after I posted it that I forgot to include the trinimalarkay stuff.

First have you ever read Shor Son of Shor?

https://www.imperial-library.info/content/shor-son-shor-full

Id give that a look first. It introduces the idea of these several gods being linked by what could be considered the first mimicking of the Anu Padomay interplay. An enantiomorph, where Trinimac is linked by the murder of Lorkhan to him and his shield thanes Tsun And Stuhn.

And that’s important because it explains how Trinimac was so powerful in the first place. 

He is linked to several gods even before the killing of Lorkhan. TESO actually supports this by having Arkay have fealty over Zenithar and Stendar. I forgot exactly how, will need to get back to you on that.

The basic idea as to why is because Tsun and Trinimac’s “fathers” Alduin And Shor did. Just as they are Time and Space, and interchangeable, so too now are Trinimac and Tsun. Both of which are agriculture gods to Redguards and Altmer.

There’s a ton of overlap which connects them.

First Stuhn and Tsun who switch places in the text are twin god brothers. And so if they switch places and Tsun switches with Trinimac then Stuhn and Trinimac are also linked.

Mithras is the god of Justice and patron to rulers, agriculture and sun and the Roman legion. Stendarr is called a god of justice, Patron to the Imperial legion, god of light as of the vigilants of stendarr, and knights who the redguard knights follow as their patrons as well.

Arkay’s amulet looks like a sun, He’s called the god of seasons and the dead, and of course the seasons thing links him again to Tsun, and the sun itself is basically a big gate into aetherius where the dead souls, their energy wander into.

And there’s all kinds of overlapping in the lore, and with Mithras for those two. Such as Trinimac being the god of knights same as Stendarr. Malacath is the god of curses and hates deception (think of trinimac and what boethiah did which likely was irony on her part since she saw trinimacs words as lies). Mithras was the god of oaths and truth.

Now going to Trinimalarkay, Trinimac And Arkay.

Arkay, Orkey. Orkey took away Nord years and shortened their lifespan which shows his relation as Arkay with their role as master over thevsouls of the living.

He’s the bringer of seasons which directly links him to the time dragon as seasons come with a change of time. And Orkey summons Alduins ghost.

Malacath is Trinimac turned Daedra. Thus we have the giant cosmic clusterfuck that is, Trinimalarkay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lol love how our lists are almost exactly the same except you forgot Orcs ;) I always saybfuck Orcs But it’s as a joke mainly, I really love their culture and their history with trinimac and Orkey.

Oh yeah, I do sort of like the orcs, especially in Skyrim. Though I kind of ruined my orc character by using her to play the imperial side in the Civil War. It was reeeaaallly a stretch. I made her ex-Legion, but that just made it that much more unlikely that she'd have gotten up from that execution block and gone back to the Legion.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@BigBossBalrog that movie the Ritual wasnt bad ;) 

Hide contents

I was translating the Norse runes for Celan and knew the creature was a Jotunn and related to Loki before the movie even said it

She was in awe. Hellblade basically made me Scandinavian. I too play soccer with steel ingots now.

Narrator: No she wasn't.

54 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I don’t know what you guys have against the Roman influenced stuff. I mean the Nords are pretty generic Viking soooo

I just like the Roman influence and would like to see it more prominent in the Imperials. Hell, I’d like it if the Colombian/Nibenese split echoes the Roman/Byzantine split. Not saying they have to be carbon copy, but I’d like an influence.

Fuck the Romans.

Though yes, I do conceptualize Doron Zethus as being more Greek than Roman, for instance.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BTCollins said:

I’ve gotta get off for a while so I’ll give that link a look later Colonel. Thanks for taking the time to explain this stuff!

Man if y’all let me I could write and ramble on for days, lol.

No problem at all man.

7 minutes ago, Celan said:

Fuck the Romans.

Though yes, I do conceptualize Doron Zethus as being more Greek than Roman, for instance.

Thoughtful lol. Doron Zethus is interesting with his seemily growing desire for Nibenese rule, whether that goal is over Cyrodiil or a separate Nibenay.

Fuck:dntknw:

As for Boethiah to Malacath, and how Orcs view her, I haven’t personally seen it directly stated but technically they should be directly opposed. 

Orcs are the Aldmer and Chimer that followed Trinimac and were changed when he was “birth dunged” into Malacath. Which btw probably isn’t literal lol but certainly could be.

So if I were Malacath I’d be pretty salty. Because if we take this as a non literal action, Boethiah basically ruined Trinimac’s reputation so badly that through the power of belief, his people turned him into a monster. And not just him but those that still followed him.

She literally demonized him and made his reputation... dare I say... “shit” :lol: 

A lot of the lore can be seen as literal or figurative in that way. Because figurative or not they have physical consequences.

Also, the enantiomorph between Lorkhan, Auri-El and Trinimac also explains Orkey’s being able to summon Alduins ghost to steal Nordic years, as well as Arkay’s being the bringer of seasons in Cyrodiil, Which again explains Zenithar, Stendarr and Arkay’s connection to agriculture. As does Stendarr’s relation to the sun, along with Mithras and Arkay.

Its all a big web.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Malacath himself implied to Attrebus that it wasn’t, but then, I would be saying that too if I was someone else’s literal shit. XD 

XD Indeed lol. I'm inclined to believe it isn't but with Daedra it could also be both... Shit for a daedra probably would mean something that they "created" through corruption/consumption.

Current line up for tattoos on my right arm

5357DFB6-3772-4EE2-9CD5-3CAB63F647C1.thumb.jpeg.c7b35b7c9d005efe71879bde1ab96b15.jpeg

Jedi emblem

C200C61D-7C24-48A4-8081-14CE760A6A34.thumb.png.30cb8576df89810392ccb47090878d40.png

A89DDD11-772B-4763-A6B0-760D4D646195.jpeg.6813d07465a074fa7c97e0df90233f19.jpeg

887509E5-CA42-4191-8798-1AF487D6D244.thumb.jpeg.f13377eef5fdf31dd0855e50cbe1d6f5.jpeg

For New Vegas

not pictured

Boba Fetts Mandalorian Mythosaur symbol

Clones Wars era republic symbol

Mother and Fathers birthdates in Roman numerals

Crossed rifles

Varius Army shit

Edited by Centurion
  • Like 1

Here is the quote. For context, the woman is Malacath in disguise.

“Then Boethiah took on Trinimac’s form, and made him burp and fart and say foolish things, until finally he squeezed out a great pile of dung, and that was what was left of Trinimac. The dung got up and slunk away in shame, a proud knight no longer. He became Prince Malacath, and all of those who loved him changed as well and became the orcs.”

The woman’s eyes had a peculiar look in them. “That was your favorite story?” she said.

“When I was seven, yes.”

She shook her head. “You people are always so literal-minded.”

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Here is the quote. For context, the woman is Malacath in disguise.

Hide contents

“Then Boethiah took on Trinimac’s form, and made him burp and fart and say foolish things, until finally he squeezed out a great pile of dung, and that was what was left of Trinimac. The dung got up and slunk away in shame, a proud knight no longer. He became Prince Malacath, and all of those who loved him changed as well and became the orcs.”

The woman’s eyes had a peculiar look in them. “That was your favorite story?” she said.

“When I was seven, yes.”

She shook her head. “You people are always so literal-minded.”

Ive been reading those books btw.

• Like 1

Just now, Centurion said:

Shits crazy. Lol. I cringed the whole time XD

It is a lot more readable now since we moved here. I edited the formatting heavily so interactions and conversations all take place in single posts like they do now, instead of the jumbled mess we had before. It’s actually not so bad anymore.

I mean, a lot of us were still not as good at actually writing as we are today, but fixing the layout did improve it a lot, imo. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Did we get any word from the girl who read the first chapter? (Still can't believe someone read it and thought it good.)

We talk a bit daily when I have the time, she was thinking of introducing an Altmer stormcloak. 

I'll ask her again if she wants to try it, she's given enough info on him for a CS

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

It is a lot more readable now since we moved here. I edited the formatting heavily so interactions and conversations all take place in single posts like they do now, instead of the jumbled mess we had before. It’s actually not so bad anymore.

I mean, a lot of us were still not as good at actually writing as we are today, but fixing the layout did improve it a lot, imo. 

I would check it out, but ehh lol. It wasn’t so bad, just suffered from the same stuff most RP’s do. People writing stuff that doesn’t follow a sensible sequence and constant retconning lol.

57 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Nice. Any opinions so far?

Balrog needs to read it lol, doesn't do much for the Imperial image. 

I really like reading the descriptions of how magic is used. Much more liberating in its description and not at all videogamey.

• Like 1

As for chapter one, if you read it realizing it's format at first isn't that of a story but a roleplay, it reads just fine in my opinion. And there's something to be said for that, as it has much less fluff and gets to the point like a comic or a manga which I personally appreciate a lot for certain scenes. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I don’t know what I want on my left arm yet tho. I just now I want sleeves. I’m gonna be the most tatted person in my family actually. The current record is held by my sister with a grand total of 6 small tattoos lol

I want a sleeve but no idea of what yet.

My stormcloak bear suits me just fine for now, gets shown off a lot lol. People say it's pretty much perfect for me. Meaning I basically am a bear lol XD 

• Haha 1