Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #2

16 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Once you go milk you never go back.

Rebec is still a Nord's Nord even though I added Maggie. Who dispenses the sweet milk of kindness before she sucks your blood. :D

Colonel and I watched The Ritual on Netflix. Pretty cool. Note to self, never vacation in Sweden (even though it was actually shot in Romania).

As for TES races:

Nords

Nords

Nords

Redguard

Dunmer

Fuck everyone else.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I talk about things that hurt me...

If anything it’s the 4E201 Imperials that would hurt an imp fan the most...

You could call the Empire a lot of things but bitch wasn’t one until then... unless you ask the Dunmer that is XD 

Their armor also wasn’t super Roman then either.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You could call the Empire a lot of things but bitch wasn’t one until then... unless you ask the Dunmer that is XD 

Nah, oblivion hurt the most. I like the Imperials, as flawed as they are in 4E. Hell at this point my favorite version of the Imperial race comes from ESO. It has the Roman feel without being over powered in my opinion. I would like a little bit more of the Roman flare, but not to much.

Which armor are you referring too?

Edited by Centurion

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yeah, people love to crap on Oblivion Imperials, but they were done horribly in Skyrim too. I guess shitty Romans are just easier for people to swallow than shitty generic fantasy Europeans. That, and Skyrim wasn't their homeland so it wasn't as jarring.

I think that Colovians and Nibens would be cool to see done right, but I guess that's too much work. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Nah, oblivion hurt the most. I like the Imperials, as flawed as they are in 4E. Hell at this point my favorite version of the Imperial race comes from ESO. It has the Roman feel without being over powered in my opinion. I would like a little bit more of the Roman flare, but not to much.

ESO mostly regulated the Roman stuff to the more cosmopolitan parts of the Empire, City Isle and the Legion, rather than just making it a blanket "Imperial" thing. I liked that.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

All of it really. It’s not as cool as Morrowinds but at least it’s still somewhat original in that you could tell it’s Roman influence a bit but with a more knightly feel. Which I know is generic European fantasy but that’s better to me than strictly generic Roman.

Skyrims is literally regurgitated Roman ass.

• Like 1

@BigBossBalrog that movie the Ritual wasnt bad ;) 

I was translating the Norse runes for Celan and knew the creature was a Jotunn and related to Loki before the movie even said it

She was in awe. Hellblade basically made me Scandinavian. I too play soccer with steel ingots now.

• Like 1

My top three is Bretons, Redguards, Orcs. Though I wish I knew more about the Trinimac/Orkey/Malacath/Boethiah stuff. 

Oooh, a post in Morrowind? I'm excited for that. And to see what Witch does with the Argonians. I think we'll be getting lots of cool new stuff come Ch. 4

Just now, BTCollins said:

My top three is Bretons, Redguards, Orcs. Though I wish I knew more about the Trinimac/Orkey/Malacath/Boethiah stuff. 

Oooh, a post in Morrowind? I'm excited for that. And to see what Witch does with the Argonians. I think we'll be getting lots of cool new stuff come Ch. 4

Say the word and I’ll take us all down the rabbit hole ;) 

Though I have a really good post on tumblr to start you off with first if you’re truly curious.

1 minute ago, BTCollins said:

I think you'll like it ;)

I don’t know what you guys have against the Roman influenced stuff. I mean the Nords are pretty generic Viking soooo

I just like the Roman influence and would like to see it more prominent in the Imperials. Hell, I’d like it if the Colombian/Nibenese split echoes the Roman/Byzantine split. Not saying they have to be carbon copy, but I’d like an influence.

Just now, Centurion said:

I don’t know what you guys have against the Roman influenced stuff. I mean the Nords are pretty generic Viking soooo

I just like the Roman influence and would like to see it more prominent in the Imperials. Hell, I’d like it if the Colombian/Nibenese split echoes the Roman/Byzantine split. Not saying they have to be carbon copy, but I’d like an influence.

Vikings don’t mummify their dead, yell really loudly and turn people into dust, or have a dead god that routinely comes back as their heroes to fuck up elves XD They’re obviously Norse but they’re definitely not copy paste Norse. 

They even have dual languages with draconic as their version of “Latin”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

I don't like the generic viking vibe it gives off in Skyrim, so much out there stuff was glossed over established albeit loosely in older games.

Hell, I’d like it if the Colombian/Nibenese split echoes the Roman/Byzantine split. Not saying they have to be carbon copy, but I’d like an influence.

The Nibenese for me gave off a vibe of barbaric non-latin tribals in Italy, ergo one example being the Umbrians

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Say the word and I’ll take us all down the rabbit hole ;) 

Though I have a really good post on tumblr to start you off with first if you’re truly curious.

You got a link to it?

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Vikings don’t mummify their dead, yell really loudly and turn people into dust, or have a dead god that routinely comes back as their heroes to fuck up elves XD They’re obviously Norse but they’re definitely not copy paste Norse.

Centurion does have some truth to his comment though, we didn't get the full package in Skyrim.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

They even have dual languages with draconic as their version of “Latin”.

Never said they are were copy paste Norse, but they are really Norse.

Imperials have Roman sounding names and influenced armor and it’s the end of the world

Well for one, most of us older Nord fans aren't happy with what was done with the Nords in Skyrim either.

For two, it's not that Roman influence sucks, it's that Bethesda created something waaaaaay more interesting and unique with their older descriptions of the Cyrods than generic Romans. The original Nibenese and Colovians are so much cooler than just "Western/Eastern" Roman Empire in my opinion. We've just never gotten to see it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And this. Even though the Nords in Skyrim lacked a lot of what made them cool in older lore, we still got some pretty rad stuff to make up for it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well for one, most of us older Nord fans aren't happy with what was done with the Nords in Skyrim either.

For two, it's not that Roman influence sucks, it's that Bethesda created something waaaaaay more interesting and unique with their older descriptions of the Cyrods than generic Romans. The original Nibenese and Colovians are so much cooler than just "Western/Eastern" Roman Empire in my opinion. We've just never gotten to see it.

I just want some influence in the styles and mannerisms of the cultures, I’m not saying they have to mimic real life. Hell I’ve read the old descriptions and find them hella interesting. I just have my preference for how it’s carried out. 

Well, at least we can all agree we don’t really like how the Imps are handled, tho for different reasons lol