Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #2

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

We talk a bit daily when I have the time, she was thinking of introducing an Altmer stormcloak. 

I'll ask her again if she wants to try it, she's given enough info on him for a CS

Maybe you go ahead and invite her here. That way she could jump into our OOC ramblings. :P 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Balrog needs to read it lol, doesn't do much for the Imperial image. 

I really like reading the descriptions of how magic is used. Much more liberating in its description and not at all videogamey.

I use those books for reference almost every time I put a spell on page. XD It’s definitely great for that. And for putting it into perspective just how freaking weird and alien Oblivion and the Waters can get. And I love that it basically gave us so many new daedra.

The image of the Empire gets better in book 2, with them doing some pretty awesome stuff. But ultimately yeah, it really highlights the trend of Imperial degradation a lot. Especially when it’s set outside of Cyrodiil.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I want a sleeve but no idea of what yet.

My stormcloak bear suits me just fine for now, gets shown off a lot lol. People say it's pretty much perfect for me. Meaning I basically am a bear lol XD 

My right arm is just gonna be a bunch of random shit worked into a sleeve eventually when all my skin gets filled in XD

Left arm... no idea. I’m think I want a flag wrap sleeve, but then I also don’t and I want other shit, but idk yet. But my chest, shoulders, back all will be tatted. Hell probably my legs too.

Fuck:dntknw:

XD Hopefully we don't scare her away lol, but I will. Though I did give her the site link. Shes probably seen the thread, since she's read the CS pages and of course all of chapter 1 in a day.

Probably creeping in the shadows like I did for the first two weeks lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

As for chapter one, if you read it realizing it's format at first isn't that of a story but a roleplay, it reads just fine in my opinion. And there's something to be said for that, as it has much less fluff and gets to the point like a comic or a manga which I personally appreciate a lot for certain scenes. 

I get that. It does work alright for fast paced scenes where you just want to detail what happens and not much else, but personally I much prefer what we evolved into further into chapter 1 and onward. I think it reads much better and is more fun to write, even if it’s not standard for an RP.

And you’re right, by RP standards, we were never bad. We just ended up moving onto something different. And I think it’s better. 

I was thinking of a mural like that or like one of the norse ones. But then I had to ask myself, did I really want to dedicate that much of my skin to elder scrolls alone...

Always gotta our tons of thought into it before you bite. I gotcha. Lol

58 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I get that. It does work alright for fast paced scenes where you just want to detail what happens and not much else, but personally I much prefer what we evolved into further into chapter 1 and onward. I think it reads much better and is more fun to write, even if it’s not standard for an RP.

And you’re right, by RP standards, we were never bad. We just ended up moving onto something different. And I think it’s better. 

I like it for this rp because chapter 1 gradually changed from that format to chapter 2 which got us ready for the motherload in chapter 3.

If someone was reading this, chapter one and two would perfectly get them ready for the monster that is chapter 3.

For me, if one two and three from the getgo were all like three, it'd be pretty overwhelming. We all got eased into it. So while I definitely and obviously like where we are now, personally I wouldn't have changed one, and certainly not two all that much. 

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

I like it for this rp because chapter 1 gradually changed from that format to chapter 2 which got us ready for the motherload in chapter 3.

If someone was reading this, chapter one and two would perfectly get them ready for the monster that is chapter 3.

For me, if one two and three from the getgo were all like three, it'd be pretty overwhelming. We all got eased into it. So while I definitely and obviously like where we are now, personally I wouldn't have changed one, and certainly not two all that much. 

It certainly helped with the under taking that is reading all this. If you started out having to read 5000+ word master posts you would read the what 3-4 years worth of posts? Lol

57 minutes ago, Centurion said:

It certainly helped with the under taking that is reading all this. If you started out having to read 5000+ word master posts you would read the what 3-4 years worth of posts? Lol

XD No. Even if it was quality. I just don't have the time or attention span anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I use those books for reference almost every time I put a spell on page. XD It’s definitely great for that. And for putting it into perspective just how freaking weird and alien Oblivion and the Waters can get. And I love that it basically gave us so many new daedra.

Do you think you could share how it shows spells? I’ve seen one example, as you know, but if it’s not too much trouble I’d love to see more. 

• Like 1

XD No. Even if it was quality. I just don't have the time or attention span anymore.

Exactly lol fuck that shit. I’m glad I finally got up. Now I just stay on top of it lol. I refuse to get behind more than 5 posts or so, because past that and there goes my week end lol

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Centurion said:

@ColonelKillaBee Which tumblr one is it? One that you regularly interacted with or someone more reserved?

She and I mostly interact when theres something to be said about TES, since our blogs are pretty different. I would say she's a bit more reserved though so I can see her being wary about joining. Especially since lol we're all pretty opinionated about stuff. I think it'd take her some getting used to.

Though it does help that she's no SJW.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I didn’t mess with 2. All the editing I did there was just fixing the formatting that got fucked up on the other site. And 1 still has that gradual transition. It’s just now we don’t have the same posts repeating a lot and tripping over themselves at the beginning.

So for example, the scenes involving Witchie and Baldur interacting don’t get interrupted by a quick look at Do’jhul eating breakfast with Lorgar or something. They get to finish out what’s being said before cutting away.

She and I mostly interact when theres something to be said about TES, since our blogs are pretty different. I would say she's a bit more reserved though so I can see her being wary about joining. Especially since lol we're all pretty opinionated about stuff. I think it'd take her some getting used to.

Though it does help that she's no SJW.

Yeah we’re all pretty opinionated, but at the end of the day we don’t take it too far and if we do, we settle it without getting too heated lol. Shit she just needs to jump in head first to get used to this crowd.

58 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Exactly lol fuck that shit. I’m glad I finally got up. Now I just stay on top of it lol. I refuse to get behind more than 5 posts or so, because past that and there goes my week end lol

Exactly lol, thats why it took so long to catch up. Especially when I was slaving for massah this time last year. You know I had to work 34 days straight with no day off? I did call out twice for my sanity though but stiiill.

AND that includes the two 12 hour shifts for saturday and sunday back to back. My hair is riddled in grey now likely because of it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I didn’t mess with 2. All the editing I did there was just fixing the formatting that got fucked up on the other site. And 1 still has that gradual transition. It’s just now we don’t have the same posts repeating a lot and tripping over themselves at the beginning.

So for example, the scenes involving Witchie and Baldur interacting don’t get interrupted by a quick look at Do’jhul eating breakfast with Lorgar or something. They get to finish out what’s being said before cutting away.

Oh I don't mean anything you or the others did, I actually havent seen all those changes yet.

I just mean I wouldn't go back in time and tell Balrog I want to do things like chapter 3 instead.

Exactly lol, thats why it took so long to catch up. Especially when I was slaving for massah this time last year. You know I had to work 34 days straight with no day off? I did call out twice for my sanity though but stiiill.

AND that includes the two 12 hour shifts for saturday and sunday back to back. My hair is riddled in grey now likely because of it.

Don't your country have some kind of law against such kind of overworking? 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

Same dude. I’ve never been more stressed in my life than the period of time (January 21-February 7th) were I was in charge of a 44 man platoon of brand new recruits. I swear if I had hair it’d be grey as fuck. Before that it was 3 months with no days off lol and now I have a 24 duty shift every 4 days XD Oh well. Gonna be in Oahu soon 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Don't your country have some kind of law against such kind of overworking? 

Nope. Not in the south anyway where we don't have unions. They try but it's the south, they have it in their head it's bad because of the horror stories in places like ohio. And while it certainly has it's negatives, I'd gladly take them if it meant I wouldn't have to work like that or be fired.

The only thing they're required to do by law is pay me overtime.