Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

Hide contents

It looks like raiders are attacking Jackson? In the show, nobody attacks until Joel and Ellie are alone at Eastern Colorado University.

Ah, gotcha. They don’t meet Tommy in Jackson in the game. They meet him at a hydroelectric dam that he and a crew from have a sort of garrison at so they can keep power running to Jackson. The attackers are a band of hunters who live in the area and have been trying to take over the dam. 

They do get attacked in the University as well, several weeks later. 

@Centurion + anyone else. Tagging Cent cause he’s on a Skyrim bender right now. XD 

You know how Morrowind got devastated by the Red Year and Cyrodiil by the Great War?

I personally hope they don’t go that route with Skyrim, but assuming they do, how would y’all want to see it done? How would you neuter Skyrim so that any decisions the player might have made -like choosing a side in the civil war or killing/freeing Madanach- would be made obscure?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Centurion + anyone else. Tagging Cent cause he’s on a Skyrim bender right now. XD 

You know how Morrowind got devastated by the Red Year and Cyrodiil by the Great War?

I personally hope they don’t go that route with Skyrim, but assuming they do, how would y’all want to see it done? How would you neuter Skyrim so that any decisions the player might have made -like choosing a side in the civil war or killing/freeing Madanach- would be made obscure?

I don’t have a preference but I’m filling expecting, “the Dragonborn disappeared in solsthiem (trapped in apocrypha), and with him present the dragons swarmed and burned everything forcing the surviving Nords to pick up the pieces

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

I love The Last of Us, but it is honestly is one of the most overrated games I can think of. The fanbase acts like it is God’s gift to gaming. 

In reality, it’s a very simple story that is carried by two excellent characters and a relatively unique zombie concept.

Gameplay-wise, the combat is weak, the AI is terrible, the puzzles are for babies, and it is extremely linear.

If not for Joel and Ellie, TLoU wouldn’t really stand out much. But even then I wouldn’t say they’re any better than the characters in games like Red Dead Redemption 2 or Witcher 3, which also have the benefit of being far superior games in other categories.

You know what's retarded? I find out recently that the terminal in Halo 3 saying the Forerunners aren't human was done by a single member of the team, and without knowledge of the others.

They took one apocryphal paragraph that retcons three games and the books up to that point, and 343 ran with it.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

You know what's retarded? I find out recently that the terminal in Halo 3 saying the Forerunners aren't human, was done by a single member of the team and without knowledge of the others.

They took one apocryphal paragraph that retcons three games and the books up to that point, and 343 ran with it.

I always just point to Spark literally looking at Chief and word for word saying "you ARE Forerunner".

I don’t care what deep obscure files you point to after that, or what 343 decided to say after the fact. It’s abundantly clear what story the chief writers were trying to tell. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I always just point to Spark literally looking at Chief and word for word saying "you ARE Forerunner".

I don’t care what deep obscure files you point to after that, or what 343 decided to say after the fact. It’s abundantly clear what story the chief writers were trying to tell. 

Uh un uh but uh akthcually uh but what about the MaNtLe

Honestly...Skyrim XD I love it; It has one of the funnest sandboxes created, but after a decade stewing on it, I think it's a huge step down in terms of core RPG features and writing. Fuck, what writing? Dragon Jesus Fantasy. 

If I have to spend 10 hours making a modlist before I play, that's a problem XD

It's a great "8.5" level game that I think people got caught in a hype craze and started thinking of it as a 10/10 thing (A crowd I was part of) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Honestly...Skyrim XD I love it; It has one of the funnest sandboxes created, but after a decade stewing on it, I think it's a huge step down in terms of core RPG features and writing. Fuck, what writing? Dragon Jesus Fantasy. 

If I have to spend 10 hours making a modlist before I play, that's a problem XD

It's a great "8.5" level game that I think people got caught in a hype craze and started thinking of it as a 10/10 thing (A crowd I was part of) 

I almost said Skyrim too but then I went on my TLoU tangent. XD I love it, but from its popularity you’d almost think it’s a major contender for the greatest game of all time.

Huge loss for Bethesda as a publisher 

He was the creator of Resident Evil 1, 2 and 4. Evil Within was such an underated series that Beth did a huge diservice marketing the way they did. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/shinji-mikami-to-leave-tango-gameworks-after-13-years?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2iHvk12yAwPyvPoG1QlzvY4blOjA7GYEsS-6KmgkV9QcXZDMI3qtFwurQ

What's funny is he's technically rejoining Capcom (a subsidiary developer they own) XD