Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

Ok so after extensive research, I have determined that any firearm produced during or before 1990 is lore friendly for the fallout series. How did I determine this you may ask? I looked at the design and production dates for every single real world weapon that appears in fallout. You want to know what weapon establishes this date? The FN P90 in Fallout 2.

that means that the M249 SAW, Giat FAMAS, and M82 Barrett are all lore friendly, however rifles like the G36 miss the cut off by about 5 years.

I’m sure non of y’all give a shit but I do lol and I needed to share my findings

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

3 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I’m sure non of y’all give a shit but I do lol and I needed to share my findings

I give a shit. But because of the P90 and others (like the Calico Liberty and Pancor Jackhammer) that are relatively modern, I never really took any fan notions of a cut-off date very seriously. It’s clear that the devs, from the very start, only ever wanted to use weapons that were interesting or cool and fit the aesthetic, rather than trying to adhere to a specific era to satisfy a timeline convergence. In fact, the whole concept of a split timeline is just a false claim pushed by fans; Fallout has always been a full-on alt history that resembles ours but was never the same.

Because of that, I wouldn’t assume that every weapon pre-1990 is fair game, or that anything post-1990 is off the table. I honestly think a G36 would’ve looked right at home in Fallout 2 or Tactics. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Celan said:

Did we ever discuss MBTI here? 

Colonel and I are both INTP. Or was it INTJ for you @ColonelKillaBee?

Below is a test if you've never taken one.

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Are you really? Yea I am INTP, very. You used to be INFP

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

9 hours ago, Celan said:

I tested INFP when I was younger. I think women are socialized to be empathetic. It's only with some age and confidence that I embraced my don't-give-a-fuck. XD 

Ah I was right XD 

@Centurion that’s an interesting one, maybe that’s why we resonated well on tumblr

and of course Celan and I are thick as thieves

4 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Y’all also missed a few hours of absolute nonsense spewing from me and docs mouths last night on discord. There were some pretty funny things that came up lmao

Yeah, that was a trip. We covered topics ranging from the collapse of Disney to crayon eating to the cutthroat capitalistic business practices that exist in the world of trailer trash hookers.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, that was a trip. We covered topics ranging from the collapse of Disney to crayon eating to the cutthroat capitalistic business practices that exist in the world of trailer trash hookers.

So just a normal conversation with doc XD

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I thought it was a good fit back then :P especially on topics like elves vs Templars, etc.

Why would that have any bearing? I am pro-freedom. Authoritarian jackboots can all go fuck themselves.

9 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Of course we do have a lot in common like the love of debating XD 

You are super competitive, like my friend Nett. She's bloodthirsty. This is why I think you're INTJ, like her. The enemy must be destroyed, and everyone can be the enemy. That is way too much work for a P. XD 

2 hours ago, Celan said:

Why would that have any bearing? I am pro-freedom. Authoritarian jackboots can all go fuck themselves.

You are super competitive, like my friend Nett. She's bloodthirsty. This is why I think you're INTJ, like her. The enemy must be destroyed, and everyone can be the enemy. That is way too much work for a P. XD 

Lol nah intps are very competitive, when it’s a subject we care about.

Youre much more empathetic than me, which is why I thought F for you :P intjs are cold calculating machines. 

I want everyone destroyed when it’s something involving intellect. Even with eso combat prowess comes down to how well you made your build, which is skill and intellect.

Ask the boys about that game we played for armies lol I was super into the betrayal aspect XD for the same reason. And of course only person I had to work with was @The Good Doctorlol

The Last of Us finale was great. It sounds like they stuck pretty close to the game.

Ashley Johnson, the VA for Ellie, played Ellie's mom in the episode. Now that was some wrenching back story.

I didn't realize it but Troy Baker (Joel VA) was in the last episode, a random compound guy whom Ellie kills with a meat cleaver. lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Celan said:

The Last of Us finale was great. It sounds like they stuck pretty close to the game.

Good to hear it! Would you say that the season stands well on its own? Like, if a season 2 released and was absolute trash, could you just ignore it and be happy with the first all by itself?