Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Thanks guys. They do look nice, the specs are good, and money’s not really a big issue… but yeah, 500 GB is pretty weak storage to be the biggest they’ve got.

So what are you thinking?

Fuck:dntknw:

23 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Haven’t decided yet. It’s not any rush, so I’m gonna hold off for now. 

https://a.co/d/d9fSKo8

This is the link to the laptop I have. I literally have no complaints about it, and it’s actually got better hardware than my aging desktop. I’m actually going to exclusively use the laptop until I can afford to upgrade my desk rig

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Centurion said:

https://a.co/d/d9fSKo8

This is the link to the laptop I have. I literally have no complaints about it, and it’s actually got better hardware than my aging desktop. I’m actually going to exclusively use the laptop until I can afford to upgrade my desk rig

I appreciate it, and I’ll keep that in mind if I get to looking for a proper PC/laptop, but right now I’m specifically shopping for handhelds. It’s not just for me; others will be playing it.

Was looking at the Nintendo Switch first, but then got to thinking of the insane amount of options on Steam. But that 500 GB seems kinda limiting.

Judge sided with Microsoft and just destroyed the FCA's case.

The British body that was trying to block the acquisition announced five minutes ago there also pretty much withdrawing there case if Microsoft can give them a couple of bones. 

Seems like the Acitvison acquisition is FINALLY going through

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The British body that was trying to block the acquisition announced five minutes ago there also pretty much withdrawing there case if Microsoft can give them a couple of bones. 

From everything I’ve heard, that was pretty much inevitable. Activision is big, but the industry is so huge and competitive that this is still miles away from constituting anything resembling a monopoly.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

My hope is that this leads to Sony investing in some devs who can actually make competitive FPS games. Feels like the PS has devolved into the "third person story based action game" console. 

Well there's Bungie; but there busy being Sony's taskmasters to work on a new FPS XD

5 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

What I heard basically is that Sony is winning the console wars anyway, they have the most bought systems, they’ve also run PS exclusive for the last decade without a hint of eventually releasing for all platforms and that basically way they got sided against. The biggest console manufacturer that either owns or has exclusive deals crying because their 3rd place competitors are acquiring market value to compete isn’t enough for the courts to step in

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Centurion said:

What I heard basically is that Sony is winning the console wars anyway, they have the most bought systems, they’ve also run PS exclusive for the last decade without a hint of eventually releasing for all platforms and that basically way they got sided against. 

The console wars are ancient history now anyway. It’s just pretend fighting between consumers with weird corporate loyalties. Microsoft’s chief aim in the industry long ago shifted from hardware to software. They couldn’t care less if you have an Xbox or a PC, as long as you’re using Windows or Gamepass. It’s why they now push for cross-platform gaming.

Sony has released their exclusivity on several big PlayStation IPs to the PC market in recent years. Too much money was being left on the table, I guess. But yeah, they sell a lot of systems overseas, and still control enough of the game market that the idea of them calling their rivals a monopoly is pretty laughable. Though I can’t say I blame them for trying. Even a slight chance to retain CoD sales alone is probably worth the legal fees. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I think I finished everything up, that I could currently do, in that colony. I just made my way through the second forest and saved this merchant from some wolves.

Not a story spoiler, but using tags in case you want to discover everything yourself.

Traveling south from the Gilded Vale will introduce you to a third companion who is really great. Worth picking up before proceeding too far east.

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Not a story spoiler, but using tags in case you want to discover everything yourself.

Reveal hidden contents

Traveling south from the Gilded Vale will introduce you to a third companion who is really great. 

If it's that crazy former priest, I'm definitely heading there. That's one character I can't wait to see, due to your hyping him up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

If it's that crazy former priest, I'm definitely heading there. That's one character I can't wait to see, due to your hyping him up.

;) I look forward to you meeting Durance. Mad bastard is one of my favorite characters in a fantasy game. 

Turns out he was written by Chris Avellone. Go figure. XD 

• Like 1