Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

3 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Man, it actually looks good. If this ends up being another Dead Space where it’s almost a strict improvement on an already great game, I’ll be super impressed. 

I was worried they were going to cut the Island and the Minecart section cause there pretty damn silly, but it seems like they kept them in, alongside Krauser (the Metal Gear looking motherfucker) XD

2 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

This is either a half-assed way to do a middle approach, or that it was fucking planned from the start to generate outrage. In any case, it's fucking horrible. 

https://apnews.com/article/books-and-literature-childrens-entertainment-roald-dahl-business-9770a7a3a2cb50cb1d53ca82d4b26070

Yeah, that doesn’t change anything at all if they’re still going to publish the "modern" versions.

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, that doesn’t change anything at all if they’re still going to publish the "modern" versions.

And now they can make even more by selling the originals, while getting a huge chunk of cash from stupid schools buying the kidified water down version in bulk. 

34 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@ColonelKillaBee, @Celan, @BigBossBalrog

I’m a little behind on this, but looks like some of the original Bioshock team are making a new game. Not much to go on but what’s there looks interesting.

I really like the song choice.

That looks like Bioshock with the serial numbers filed off XD Looks cool though.

Parts of it actually remind me of certain sections of Infinite. Though I remember Infinite tackling race very ambitiously...and Kevin kind of messing up at points, so I don't know him repeating the same themes from that is a good idea 

19 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Parts of it actually remind me of certain sections of Infinite. Though I remember Infinite tackling race very ambitiously...and Kevin kind of messing up at points, so I don't know  he's repeating the same themes from that  is a good idea 

Infinite’s biggest problem was trying to tie all the games together with a really convoluted multiverse plotline. And I think a lot of that was more due to the story being very hastily rewritten late in development than Kevin losing his touch.

Granted I’m hoping for more of the old Bioshock magic and less Bioshock Infinite in this one.

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Infinite’s biggest problem was trying to tie all the games together with a really convoluted multiverse plotline. And I think a lot of that was more due to the story being very hastily rewritten late in development than Kevin losing his touch.

Granted I’m hoping for more of the old Bioshock magic and less Bioshock Infinite in this one.

Infinite's biggest problem was not letting me control mecha Lincoln against the hordes of Columbia XD

But yeah, I do hope they bring back the "so thick you can't cut it" atmosphere and Survival Horror (*cough* system shock *cough*) elements of the first one. 

31 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Infinite's biggest problem was not letting me control mecha Lincoln against the hordes of Columbia XD

I wish Elizabeth had turned out to be the villain. Like we spend the game trying to save her, but she’s too dangerous and ends up needing to be killed or else everyone dies. Would make her being such an overly likable Mary Sue for most of the game a little more justified.