Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #1

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Sorry Czar and Witch, I came down with a really, really bad flu on Wensday (from my dad and little sister) My heads been hurting so bad, I really don't want to write, and been doing nothing but watch Xfiles episodes.

Damn man I hope you get better, this flu pandemic is everywhere. Even here in Macon we're afraid to eat out becausd of it.

No wonder you like David so much...

Me n' Celan watched Covenant, and there was soooooo much homoerotic undertone...

Not even undertone it was so blatant and just... wtf did they do to my Alien franchise man, everyone was so fucking stuuupid. 

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

No wonder you like David so much...

Me n' Celan watched Covenant, and there was soooooo much homoerotic undertone...

Not even undertone it was so blatant and just... wtf did they do to my Alien franchise man, everyone was so fucking stuuupid. 

Incestuous homoerotic undertones! 

Nah I'll still stand by my opinion of the film. Agree to disagree. Did you like anything about it?

Favorite parts of the film we're the android fight, and the scene we're David unleashes the Apocalypse on the Engineers. It's pretty horrifying to imagine what their final moments we're being consumed by a tide of abominations that inflict a fate worse then death.

Ok I'll give you that the body horror visuals were cool, and the fight was cool, or whatever but man that movie was ass.

I called everything that was gonna happen. Everyone was so fucking stupid dude, so predictable, so painfully hilarious at times like when those two chicks were fighting that one mini neomorph, that little ass thing I could've curb stomped and she blew up the fucking ship accidentally XD:rofl: so bad. I literally was laughing.

I'm sorry man. You know I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt last time you two were talking about it but that movie was ass.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ok I'll give you that the body horror visuals were cool, and the fight was cool, or whatever but man that movie was ass.

I called everything that was gonna happen. Everyone was so fucking stupid dude, so predictable, so painfully hilarious at times like when those two chicks were fighting that one mini neomorph, that little ass thing I could've curb stomped and she blew up the fucking ship accidentally XD:rofl: so bad. I literally was laughing.

I'm sorry man. You know I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt last time you two were talking about it but that movie was ass.

It got a really diverse reaction from Alien fans for sure, some people hated, some people loved it. Maybe I just tend to overlook flaws more then most people. I liked the atmosphere, the Neomorph,the mythological aspects, and i'm a David fanboy, so whatever, no biggie.

Lol my bad for shitting on ya boi so bad and all... 

I will say it was satisfying seeing him win over those dumb motherfuckers just because they were so stupid they deserved it lol. But why'd they have to make him so gay, lol, he's an android without a sex drive... it was so poorly done I swear XD 

"I'll do the fingering." Seriously. Yall aint slick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And that flute scene. If Boldir ever asks to teach Baldur how to play, I'm noping right the hell outta there. That wasnt even subtle.

Add in Jodun and it's a threesome. XD

Balrog, just so you know, I kept my mouth shut at first so Colonel could experience the movie on his own. He came to his own conclusions.

I would probably be screaming about you being Predator fanboys trying to sabotage the franchise but my head is hurting too much for me to be like that XD

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lol my bad for shitting on ya boi so bad and all... 

I will say it was satisfying seeing him win over those dumb motherfuckers just because they were so stupid they deserved it lol. But why'd they have to make him so gay, lol, he's an android without a sex drive... it was so poorly done I swear XD 

"I'll do the fingering." Seriously. Yall aint slick. 

David is an egotistical narcissist, so I think it makes sense for him to flirt with what's essentially himself XD

I guess if these were the humans I interacted with I'd fuck with humanity too XD I actually don't dislike David's concept. It's just not well executed. Not sure what you mean about the predator fanboy thing though, I loved both aliens and predator both.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I guess if these were the humans I interacted with I'd fuck with humanity too XD I actually don't dislike David's concept. It's just not well executed. Not sure what you mean about the predator fanboy thing though, I loved both aliens and predator both.

It's an inhouse joke in the Alien community to blame everything on "Predator fanboys" XD Because of their poor showing in AVP (Which most people chalk up too the director being a predator fanboy)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Sorry Czar and Witch, I came down with a really, really bad flu on Wensday (from my dad and little sister) My heads been hurting so bad, I really don't want to write, and been doing nothing but watch Xfiles episodes.

I binge watched xfiles when I hurt my foot in Romania lol. Sorry you got sick, I didn't see that. Might've gone softer if I did. XD 

Well, maybe lol. 

Oh and, I went waaay harder than Celan did on the movie last time you two were discussing it ;) I thought she was harsh at the time because I just couldn't imagine the movie being that... well. 

And I did enjoy Prometheus. This movie was like a second Prometheus though with a dumber crew. Never heard of quarantine protocol in their lives.

And just who did James Franco have to fuck to get Danny McBride in this movie... XD 

59 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's an inhouse joke in the Alien community to blame everything on "Predator fanboys" XD Because of their poor showing in AVP (Which most people chalk up too the director being a predator fanboy)

Poor showing? In the second one maybe (for sure) but they were badass as hell in the first movie. 

6 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Looks like Mary Sues and Fan Fics have a much older tradition than I thought. 

Hide contents

All literature is essentially recycling ideas and making them your own. In antiquity and the medieval era, being totally original wasn't even considered a goal. People wanted to hear the same stories over and over with different spins. I didn't know about the origins of courtly love in Arabic poetry, though. Sounds Sufi.

The Arthurian cycle sure did inspire a lot of crappy stuff- it still does, one reason I prefer the Germanic and Norse stuff.

Edited by Celan
  • Like 1

Ok so at the time of writing this I was playing the Falskaar mod and I got to a point where the player has to jump down a waterfall but the NPC entered dialogue right before I had jumped down.

He was saying it was the only way to survive but because he interrupted the jump, my character fell to his death.