Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #1

https://dovahsaurusbrasiliensis.tumblr.com/post/170502527956/some-say-that-the-legion-has-no-right-to-tell-the

That's his response...

Like.... there's so much wrong with this I'm not even gonna bother. Someone else jumped in for me anyway so they can continue in my stead. I don't have the patience for this sort of slug match anymore. 

I mean, what the fuck does this even mean anyway.

Me: “To all the opinion based stuff, Cyrodiil was only prosperous because of the pact with Akatosh. Everyone needed the Empire back then at the risk of daedric incursion.“

Him: a pact with akatosh does not necessarily means coherent laws that work properly. Stop distorting everything.

???

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

34 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

https://dovahsaurusbrasiliensis.tumblr.com/post/170502527956/some-say-that-the-legion-has-no-right-to-tell-the

That's his response...

Like.... there's so much wrong with this I'm not even gonna bother. Someone else jumped in for me anyway so they can continue in my stead. I don't have the patience for this sort of slug match anymore. 

I mean, what the fuck does this even mean anyway.

Me: “To all the opinion based stuff, Cyrodiil was only prosperous because of the pact with Akatosh. Everyone needed the Empire back then at the risk of daedric incursion.“

Him: a pact with akatosh does not necessarily means coherent laws that work properly. Stop distorting everything.

???

That's just his mating call Colonel, he's been trying for a year now.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Is that supposed to be what passes for professionally written dialogue? 

Nah, the translation is pretty poor. Scanlations vary in massive quality, some groups are really good, some are really bad. People can't really complain though, better then getting no content at all.

Unless the translator also decided to write pretty much entirely new dialogue, I don't see how the original could be much better. All I see is a bunch of dudes bragging how they are going to kill a werewolf. It's repetitive, awkward and something I'd rather see being parodied. 

Edited by Witchking of Angmar
  • Like 1

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 minute ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Unless the translator also decided to write pretty much entirely new dialogue, I don't see how the original could be much better. All I see is a bunch of dudes bragging how they are going to kill a werewolf. It's repetitive, awkward and something I'd rather see being parodied. 

You sometimes actually have to. Japanese words are hard to translate into english, as some words have different context's in the Japanese language. There's even quite a few that have no equivalent in English, which make things even more akward

The manga itself is a comedy/parody (Mostly of Monster Girls and other fantasy elements). If you couldn't tell by the presence of bloody Geralt, and Dante from Devil May Cry XD

That's why we work! I sure as hell don't sling energy drinks for the fun of it.

Just started watching Altered Carbon on Netflix and it's pretty good. Militaristic cyberpunk, more about genetic enhancements and cybernetics than androids.

• Like 1

I've watched the first three episodes. So far I've liked the book its based on better but from what I've seen it isn't bad. The book is more heavily neo-noir cyberpunk than the show is so far, though I wouldn't be surprised if it went further in that direction as it went on.