Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

2020 Presidential Election: "It Could Be Worse" Edition  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which ruthless conquerer would you vote to be your next president?

• Darth Sideous
    • Caesar (Fallout version)
    • King Radovid
    • Daenerys Targaryen (finale version)

Idk why y’all were fighting about clone wars, there was literally no clone wars in that episode. Boba is my boy and his representation was perfect in my eyes. The sniper chick wasn’t killed by Din she was shot once by the beginner. Although I do agree her being alive is a bit of a stretch. 

but also, cool don’t like clone wars even tho it is some of the best Star Wars content to ever come out. Cool don’t like the books and comics even tho they are the supporting material and do a lot to fix some of the things the live action doesn’t do well. Idk if you don’t like them or think they are stupid, good for you. I just don’t get the hated with having more characters to tie this story in with the rest of Star Wars. I think it does the job very well

Fuck:dntknw:

51 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Idk why y’all were fighting about clone wars, there was literally no clone wars in that episode

I don’t think I mentioned Clone Wars, myself, but I think the spirit of the criticism is more about how so much screen time this season has been dedicated to telling the stories of EU characters instead of focusing on the Mandalorian’s own story. It doesn’t help that the episodes are so short and so few.

Personally, I like most of these characters (rewatching honestly gave me a lot more appreciation for OT Boba), but I would prefer it if more of them were saved for some of the future shows that are clearly planned, like whatever’s going on with Ahsoka and Thrawn, and that Mando was allowed to stand more on his own two feet.

52 minutes ago, Centurion said:

I just don’t get the hated with having more characters to tie this story in with the rest of Star Wars. I think it does the job very well

I feel like this show has done an excellent job of tying itself into the Star Wars world already. It nails the tone and aesthetics, the weird aliens and languages and whatnot. Definitely feels more connected than any of the recent movies have. Which is why I don’t feel like it needs to lean on pre-existing characters to tie it in. It makes the galaxy feel smaller when Mando continually bumps into people we know by chance.

For the record, I loved the Clone Wars continuity of the blacksmith having horns on her helmet to indicate she was one of Maul’s people. That felt like a much more seamless connection, and it was cool as hell. The show has done lots of things like this, and I’m a fan of most.

Interview with Boba's actor; he said the reason Boba was using a Gadafi stick was cause the staff wanted to incoporate the fact Tenuma's a trained warrior in his native Maori tribe, and he's a master at using a war-club, a traditional taiaha. XD

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/07/arts/television/the-mandalorian-boba-fett-temuera-morrison.html

He goes into more detail about the changes to his character, and apparently there'll be explanations. (Hinted the Sarlaac pitt made him think, and he's sick of killing. Also indicated he's been obersving Mando for a little bit, and he's resparked his warrior spirit. 

I mean the dude's watched his dad's get his head lopped off. Then he spent his childhood gunning people down with other bounty hunters. Then he spends the next decade becoming Vader's personal hitman. At some point; most people would stop and look at things. Death has ruined Boba's entire life. 

57 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I like giving Boba a Daud-esque arc XD 

I'd love to watch that. If they decided to make a Boba Fett show that begins with him crawling out of the Sarlacc Pit and going through a character-transforming journey, I'd eat that up. But if the plan is to just tell us "he changed, but then he changed back but only slightly" all off-screen, then that's pretty lame.

49 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I'd love to watch that. If they decided to make a Boba Fett show that begins with him crawling out of the Sarlacc Pit and going through a character-transforming journey, I'd eat that up. But if the plan is to just tell us "he changed, but then he changed back but only slightly" all off-screen, then that's pretty lame.

I have enough faith in Filoni and Favrue to know they wouldn't do that. Going to wait for the next episode; I like the first one but it's clearly the start of a three part arc. I'll wait till then to pass my final jugement. 

I don’t have any issue with the comics n shit, and doc said what I was gonna say already and have already said prior as well, that if they wanna include other characters, fine but don’t pull a Punisher and Daredevil 3 times over....

And the seasons only halfway through ....

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I said what I said already about Clone Wars, I’m allergic, and I had a reaction from it in this season of Mandalorian.

Nah it's just you.

You had no problem with Ahsoka. You had no problem with Bo Katan. Your problem is your upset about your character being upstaged,  The episode had NOTHING to do with Clone Wars beside some a few cryptic references, your just using it as a scapegoat.

Your head canon don't matter. Clone Wars is more important then anything that came after it due to one simple fact; it was George Lucas's final creation. 

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrog You know what's funny? Medieval Kingdoms 1212 has released stable public versions and been hard at work with tester versions while Ancient Empires last I checked is still a hot mess.

1212 is far more along then Ancient Empires, let that sink in.

Ancient Empires is a shitty project that everyone said was never going to be finished XD

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Nah it's just you.

You had no problem with Ahsoka. You had no problem with Bo Katan. Your problem is your upset about your character being upstaged,  The episode had NOTHING to do with Clone Wars beside some a few cryptic references, your just using it as a scapegoat.

Your head canon don't matter. Clone Wars is more important then anything that came after it due to one simple fact; it was George Lucas's final creation. 

Um no, its not just me lol Doc literally said the same thing, and so did Czar.

If anyone here is upset, its you lol, you being upset anytime anyone criticizes anything clone wars related.

I had no problem with Ahsoka because she was well done and her portrayal was BETTER than clone wars.

I was neutral on Bo Katan.

You sucking George Lucas' dick doesn't invalidate anything, neither does it make his creation more important than Mandalorian, which has been overall better than anything he's made, in my opinion.

You sound just like the Michael Kirkbride dick riders that think he can do no wrong.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Um no, its not just me lol Doc literally said the same thing, and so did Czar.

If anyone here is upset, its you lol, you being upset anytime anyone criticizes anything clone wars related.

I had no problem with Ahsoka because she was well done and her portrayal was BETTER than clone wars.

I was neutral on Bo Katan.

You sucking George Lucas' dick doesn't invalidate anything, neither does it make his creation more important than Mandalorian, which has been overall better than anything he's made, in my opinion.

You sound just like the Michael Kirkbride cocksuckers that think he can do no wrong.

Says the person incoherently screaming like an enraged Anakin XD

I said the Boba Fett episode sucked ass and I likely wouldn't be able to rewatch it, for numerous reasons, and it did.

Had they at least not made Mando an idiot, and made the Stormtroopers idiots, just to uplift Boba, I'd be singing a different tune.

That you can't see that, especially with why I enjoyed the Ahsoka episode, just shows how biased and fanboyish you're being.

No screaming, just straight logic.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I said the Boba Fett episode sucked ass and I likely wouldn't be able to rewatch it, for numerous reasons, and it did.

Had they at least not made Mando an idiot, and made the Stormtroopers idiots, just to uplift Boba, I'd be singing a different tune.

That you can't see that, especially with why I enjoyed the Ahsoka episode, just shows how biased and fanboyish you're being.

No screaming, just straight logic.

The_Ability_To_Speak_Does_Not_Make_You_I

Again; it's all coming down to you fanboying over Mando and how it's an "insult" he has a single episode where he isn't at his peak because of circumstances. And your blaming the Clone Wars for it, despite the fact the episode had nothing to do with the Clone Wars. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The_Ability_To_Speak_Does_Not_Make_You_I

Again; it's all coming down to you fanboying over Mando and how it's an "insult" he has a single episode where he isn't at his peak because of circumstances. And your blaming the Clone Wars for it, despite the fact the episode had nothing to do with the Clone Wars. 

I'm doing more than speaking, I'm making points.

Points you ignore while you make memes, throw insults and otherwise act like a goober.

I didn't say it was an insult to mando... I said the episode sucks, and outlined why. Address the points or shove off.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I'm doing more than speaking, I'm making points.

Points you ignore while you make memes, throw insults and otherwise act like a goober.

I didn't say it was an insult to mando... I said the episode sucks, and outlined why. Address the points or shove off.

Says the person using the Clone Wars to strawman XD 

I'm done.