Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

2020 Presidential Election: "It Could Be Worse" Edition  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which ruthless conquerer would you vote to be your next president?

• Darth Sideous
    • Caesar (Fallout version)
    • King Radovid
    • Daenerys Targaryen (finale version)

6 minutes ago, Centurion said:

So the army just updated its appearance and grooming standards for the first time since 2017 and the run of it is female, female, female. They can now have ponytails, cornrows, braids, earrings, nails, lipstick, etc. and the only thing makes got was “clear nail polish in uniform.” I’m happy that females are finally getting some improvements but fuck show us guys some love. All we want are beards (like Canada) and had tats (like the navy) that’s it.

Is there an official page or anything that covers the update? I know a guy who would love to read it. XD 

Also, earrings, nails, and lipstick? That’s silly. Is this person in charge of the US Army now? 

ahiyya1ho6cttn4brqvk.jpg

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Is there an official page or anything that covers the update? I know a guy who would love to read it. XD 

Reveal hidden contents

Also, earrings, nails, and lipstick? That’s silly. Is this person in charge of the US Army now? 

ahiyya1ho6cttn4brqvk.jpg

https://www.army.mil/article/242719/revised_army_regulation_and_grooming_standards_support_diversity_equity_and_inclusion_and_people_first_priority

• Thanks 1

Fuck:dntknw:

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reveal hidden contents

ahiyya1ho6cttn4brqvk.jpg

If there non combat, who cares ? XD

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

@BigBossBalrog

current as of 2017 standards

Hide contents

E8DC54A1-41CB-42A8-ABB4-04478233E841.thumb.jpeg.442632390638565c7e126767d0632916.jpeg2C1838B7-E0E2-4DDA-B1CF-DDC6FCF6368B.thumb.jpeg.d8fe4c6e90b490e34aa6f78dd66d1da4.jpeg

Our boys can rock these, can't be wild though

Canadian%20Army%20Beards%20Boots%20and%2

Just now, Centurion said:

Your boys can also smoke weed. One of my boys went to jail from 31 days and kicked out because he smoked weed

That's silly. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Your boys will die to the Germans’ mustard gas when their gas masks don’t seal properly. :( 

We already survived that shit XD Stormtroopers. 

"In addition, the revised regulation will not contain potentially offensive language used to describe several hairstyles – for example, “Mohawk, eccentric, faddish, Fu Manchu, dreadlock” – which will be replaced with alternative verbiage."

This part made me laugh. XD I didn’t know any of these were considered even potentially offensive besides eccentric. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

19 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrog I wish I didn't see this video.

https://youtu.be/M_87RChirsw

You know besides the unironic "the Enclave are Trump supporters" comment, I mostly agree with what they said at the end. The Enclave are, for the most part, a 1 dimension faction with little nuance and who don’t represent anything meaningful. Even in Fallout 2, the better game to depict them.

Fallout 3 attempted to give them a little nuance with Colonel Autumn’s faction, but it was bare bones, completely wasted, and amounted to nothing. New Vegas did a lot to humanize their rank-and-file, but nothing can change that their leadership and goals are literally as mustache-twirlingly evil as you can get.

The Legion are horrible fascists too, but just being evil isn’t the Enclave’s problem. It’s the fact that they’re only evil for evil’s sake, and only exist so the hero has a villain to save the world from. They’re a cartoon. That’s why they kinda suck compared to the Legion, the Master, or hell, even the Calculator.

That said, the Institute is still the worst big villain in Fallout. No question. XD 

• Like 2