Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

2020 Presidential Election: "It Could Be Worse" Edition  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which ruthless conquerer would you vote to be your next president?

• Darth Sideous
    • Caesar (Fallout version)
    • King Radovid
    • Daenerys Targaryen (finale version)

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:
  Reveal hidden contents

What I also really like is how in human they made her out to be. She was like a fucking Wraith, cutting a whole company of soldiers down, while fading in and out of view.  And her garb was pretty unsettling compared to most Jedi.

The show does way better than even the original trilogy in showing how mystic and terrifying the Force is to regular people

That was really cool, I agree. I also liked the sabers SFX. They sounded powerful. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Now I really wish she’d gotten more screen time 

She was a cool one shot villain (Who else can say they fought a Jedi with a metal spear and did a good job at it) but it would be nice to see more of her being a space capitalist XD 

The reveal of who her boss was, was shocking and sweet, but I think they should have done a kinda red herring style thing were she's reporting to someone, and you assume it's Gideon, and then BANG it's Thawn. I think most people still assumed she was answering to Gideon, but it would be nice to see that built up.

Biggest flaw of the show is it always makes me want more XD MORE. Even though it was longer then the other two episodes before it, WE WANT MORE.

sree86egzs161.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Haha 1

Again, turning her into a fucking Space Ronin was the best thing they could have done with her character 

XD She's so badass. And i'm suprised how much Rosaria added to her character, while keeping her Ahsoka (the little smile she gave that soldier, her cocky arrogance, her brutal Vader-esque take-down, she really is Anakin's apprentice. 

hxbxvtfizt161.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Reveal hidden contents

The reveal of who her boss was, was shocking and sweet, but I think they should have done a kinda red herring style thing were she's reporting to someone, and you assume it's Gideon, and then BANG it's Thawn. I think most people still assumed she was answering to Gideon, but it would be nice to see that built up.

I would’ve left that out, myself. This feels like they were just using Mandalorian to set up some other storyline that they’ll be doing in some other show, which I’m not a fan of in any series. I’d be surprised if Thrawn becomes a villain for Mando when he’s already dealing with Gideon.

I was worried about Ahsoka coming across this way, but tbh the Thrawn thing felt more out of place than she did. For her part, I felt like she served the Mandalorian story pretty well.

What i'm glad about is the episode did alot to develop little Grogu. I was worried he was going to be kind of aMacguffin who makes cute noises throughout the entire series, but by giving him name, and pretty sad backstory, they've already added alot to him. And all those smaller interactions, like him force choking Cara, really fit with the revelation he has alot of fear and anxiety about losing Djin. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

What i'm glad about is the episode did alot to develop little Grogu. I was worried he was going to be kind of aMacguffin who makes cute noises throughout the entire series, but by giving him name, and pretty sad backstory, they've already added alot to him. And all those smaller interactions, like him force choking Cara, really fit with the revelation he has alot of fear and anxiety about losing Djin. 

Definitely. The stuff fleshing him out was probably the highlight for me. It explained a lot, and even filled a couple of what used to seem like plot holes. 

He’s also been kind of annoying me this season with the constant eating jokes and repetitive cutesy stuff. It was nice seeing the show take him seriously again.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And those were HK Assassin Droids! (MEATBAG!"

They weren’t very impressive though. XD 

By the way, that planet reminded me a lot of Morrowind. But I guess that’s pretty part and parcel for Star Wars considering that alongside Dune it was a major inspiration for the game.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

They weren’t very impressive though. XD 

By the way, that planet reminded me a lot of Morrowind. But I guess that’s pretty part and parcel for Star Wars considering that alongside Dune it was a major inspiration for the game.

The helmets of those Grunts really looked like sci fi Bonemould armor to me too XD

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

The helmets of those Grunts really looked like sci fi Bonemould armor to me too XD

The town and outfits looked very Dunmeri, and even Space Capitalist’s dress looked like something a Great House noble would wear. And out in the wilderness I got both swampy and Ashland vibes, with those big monsters being kinda like reptilian silt striders.

Plus the gloomy fog made for a similarly short draw distance. :P 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Centurion said:

@BigBossBalrog @The Good Doctor

Hide contents

another reason Ahsoka refused to train him is because she’s not a Jedi anymore and hasn’t been since the Clone Wars. Mango explained that he was tasked with being Grogu to a Jedi. Ahsoka refuses to pick up the title in rebels and never openly calls herself a Jedi after leaving the order.

But she never tells Mando that. From his perspective, he basically accomplished his mission only to let her talk him out of it at the last second. Ahsoka promised to take Baby Goku if he helped her, which he did, then she sent him packing with some vague reasoning that a non-Jedi who barely knows what the Force is couldn’t possibly understand.

I think Mando should’ve pushed back more than he did. She lied to him and he just kind of just rolled over and took it. I’d have liked it more if he argued a bit, then she finally admitted she wasn’t a Jedi. Mando is zealous enough that I think he’s one of the few people in Star Wars who would actually acknowledge the technicality, so at that point he’d leave of his own volition.

I could also see it working if she was using the Force mind game stuff to influence him, but that would be pretty sinister for her character. XD 

To me, even with the "not a real Jedi" thing, the lead she sends him on still doesn’t really make a lot of sense. She left the order because she was disillusioned with them. If Baby Goku is getting trained in the Force regardless, why would she, someone who ditched the Jedi because they did her dirty, think that a Jedi would be better suited for training him? If anything, you’d think she of all people would think that they’re more likely to create another Vader, considering she blames them for the last one.

The eldritch monster was the lighthouse itself, the light, which reveals the truth, and it was eye shaped. It stared back into him and revealed things about himself. The murder he committed, and his own gayness.

This movie was a gay coming out story and the eldritch abomination was his own gayness.

Pretty fucked up tbh XD 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee