Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #31

2020 Presidential Election: "It Could Be Worse" Edition  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which ruthless conquerer would you vote to be your next president?

• Darth Sideous
    • Caesar (Fallout version)
    • King Radovid
    • Daenerys Targaryen (finale version)

34 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yes. Cutoff was last month. Not that it would’ve mattered. The award is weighted 90% by critics' choice and only 10% by players, so it’s basically the IGN/Polygon award, and TLoU2 was designed to check all the boxes they’re into, and it was hated by the people they consider deplorable.

Ah well. All the proof anyone needs that the award is meaningless. 

Doom Eternal was nominated; didn't get a single award :( Last of Us 2 stole basically 7/10th of all the major awards. 

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I kinda hope he doesn’t somehow get saved like Rex. Would be pretty cool to have a well-characterized Stormtrooper for once.

In the EU Cody stays with Empire and never abandons it. Eventually he takes on an instructor role for training new storm troopers on stationed on Kamino and grows bitter because he hates them and they hate him. It’s believed he was killed during the early rebel assault the happened in the events of the Force Unleashed 2

Fuck:dntknw:

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

I love the prequels. The OT and Prequels are my Star Wars so I agree with the list lol. Also fuck Disney canon, EU for life

The prequels may have a coherent vision but the writing and acting caused by Lucas’ directing really brings it down a few notches.

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

2 hours ago, Centurion said:

I love the prequels. The OT and Prequels are my Star Wars so I agree with the list lol. Also fuck Disney canon, EU for life

I thought you said you hated the prequels? Or maybe you said sequels and I misinterpreted.

Anyway, I personally love the prequels as well. The acting wasn't always the best no, but it was almost always appropriate in my eyes, especially concerning Anakin. 

I would be interested in seeing a remake of the prequels one day but somehow I doubt it will feel as appropriate. Not unless the Mandalorian writer was behind it, or someone else that could blend serious with gritty, and bring that Star Wars magic back to the movie scene. 

The prequels had a lot of seriousness to it, but was lacking in its humor, and sometimes introduced it in ways that were maybe unintended? XD Hence the memes and Sheev. But unintended or not, it was sparing and that is why I can still watch it. 

The sequels I feel like were inspired by Marvel, for better or worse, and there was too much "humor". Some of it was even good to be honest, especially in the force Awakens. Actually pretty much only in Awakens as far as I can tell. The rest just fell flat on its face and tried too hard.

Bad writing essentially. 

Overall I think second place for the prequel is fair. Mando is only third for now because its not finished IMO and we'll see how it lands. Takeoff thus far was amazing, and even the last episode doesn't make me forget how amazingly good the first one of the season was. But tbh, besides that and the episode where he returns to his bounty buddy, I'd say this season thus far isn't as rewatchable as the first.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 hours ago, Centurion said:

Nah I actually prefer the disney Canon solely for the fact they didn't make Vader a fucking jobber. Instead he's one of the most terrifying and powerful forces of the force in history rather then EU bait for mary sues like Starkiller (BLEGH). Or as I like to call him prototype Rey. XD

It had a few....struggles in the past; but I think with amazing projects like Jedi Fallen Order, the Darth Vader Comic's, and all the new Project Luminous books, it's really hitting it's stride. 

EU is vastly superior to Disney canon lol. Vader was fucking terrifying in the EU. Starkiller was literally based on the idea of “what if we turned the force up to max volume” that’s from the creators themselves so I don’t take that one to seriously. Disney canon doesn’t exist to me lol. Mara Jade was not a marry sue lol. She was palatines personal assassin while Vader was his blunt instrument. Plus the old republic like come on. And @ColonelKillaBee nope definitely hate the SEQUELS not the prequels. So much so that I tend to not even acknowledge the sequels lmao

Fuck:dntknw:

5 minutes ago, Centurion said:

EU is vastly superior to Disney canon lol. Vader was fucking terrifying in the EU. Starkiller was literally based on the idea of “what if we turned the force up to max volume” that’s from the creators themselves so I don’t take that one to seriously. Disney canon doesn’t exist to me lol. Mara Jade was not a marry sue lol. She was palatines personal assassin while Vader was his blunt instrument. Plus the old republic like come on. And @ColonelKillaBee nope definitely hate the SEQUELS not the prequels. So much so that I tend to not even acknowledge the sequels lmao

No he literally was cannon fodder to make whatever character they were shilling for the month. Starkiller beat him. A Tusken Raider Beat him. He got his ass kicked by a bunch of Jedi. While in the disney canon, they depict him like an unstoppable killing machine. 

7 hours ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

Have I missed something?

If the prequels were an airplane, memes would be their fuel. XD I love them, but then I also love The Room and it’s one of the worst movies ever. Besides Revenge of the Sith, I don’t think the prequels are particularly good. The overall plot is pretty solid and the characters are super memorable, but there’s lots of dumb stuff in there.

Still light years better than the sequels. I’d rank Mando solidly above them, though, based on what’s out so far. Rogue One too. Haven’t seen Solo but if’s as good as Colonel says, it probably would belong up there as well. 

That said, I enjoy watching the Prequels (minus Attack of the Clones) more than almost any other SW content. They’re fun, and I agree with Colonel that I doubt they could be remade.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If the prequels were an airplane, memes would be their fuel. XD I love them, but then I also love The Room and it’s one of the worst movies ever. Besides Revenge of the Sith, I don’t think the prequels are particularly good. The overall plot is pretty solid and the characters are super memorable, but there’s lots of dumb stuff in there.

Still light years better than the sequels. I’d rank Mando solidly above them, though, based on what’s out so far. Rogue One too. Haven’t seen Solo but if’s as good as Colonel says, it probably would belong up there as well. 

That said, I enjoy watching the Prequels (minus Attack of the Clones) more than almost any other SW content. They’re fun, and I agree with Colonel that I doubt they could be remade.

Still the worst Star Wars movie ever made. It's way more enjoyable in terms of "so bad it's good" then the sequels though XD

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

mary sues like Starkiller (BLEGH). Or as I like to call him prototype Rey. XD

Not even close, bro. Starkiller was OP, but at least he had an actual character, and actually a pretty decent one at that. He also worked his ass off to become as strong as he was. It’s silly that anyone could actually reach that level, but at least it felt earned.

Up until the third movie of her trilogy, Rey literally doesn’t even know who she is or what she wants. No goals, no ambition, no flaws. She’s just a nice person who who wants her parents to come home and becomes a Force goddess without even trying.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Still the worst Star Wars movie ever made. It's way more enjoyable in terms of "so bad it's good" then the sequels though XD

Eh. I’m not a big fan of AotC, but it eaaasily beats out The Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker. At least the plot makes some sense.

Also, the good parts like the Clones, Anakin and Obi-Wan’s relationship, and Count Dooku are better than anything in the sequels.

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I doubt you’ll like Solo as much as I did @The Good Doctor lol, I’m not in love with it or anything but I was entertained.

I’ve heard other people I trust who also like it pretty well too. Same general consensus as you. It’s fun and has a passable story, but nothing amazing. At this point, I’ll take that. XD 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Christopher Lee does make everything better. XD

Did you know he wanted to play Gandalf in the LotR trilogy? XD I’m glad things played out the way they did as he was perfect for Saruman and Ian McKellen became iconic as Gandalf, but that would have been an interesting timeline. I feel like he’d have given the character a more aggressive edge.