Spooktober Gaming

43 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Watched "The Thing" tonight. I know it’s nothing new, but as far as horror movies go, I think it might be my favorite. 

You know Ennio Morricone, whose like an S-tier composer did the soundtrack for that XD 

But yeah, amazing movie. One of the few things that I think hasn't aged a single inch. 

• Like 1

BTW; Marvel released a Halloween Special (Fifty minutes instead of a full movie) called Werewolf by Night. I just found out about it today, and I was groaning when my Dad insisted we watch it. What drew me too it was the fact it was filmed in black and white, and was made to resemble a Universal horror movie  

It wasn't anything amazing, but it was damn solid action-horror movie. I was shocked by how gorey (people get there limbs cut off and get mauled by a Werewolf) and dark it is. About a hundred times more entertaining then any other Marvel project in the last five years XD Ya'll should give it a go. 

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You know Ennio Morricone, whose like an S-tier composer did the soundtrack for that XD 

But yeah, amazing movie. One of the few things that I think hasn't aged a single inch. 

He did good work. The music alone is enough to keep you on edge for the entire movie.

One thing I really like is that all the characters are smart, grizzled adult men who can hold their own and behave logically throughout. It's so refreshing when most things nowadays are centered around idiot teenagers or pretty-faced supermodels with perfect hair and makeup so you can't forget that they're actors.

The practical effects are also out of this world. Their movement can be a little uncanny at times, but they look so much better than 99% of the CGI stuff that's done today. They feel very real and present on the screen because, well, they are. XD 

The only things that I feel have aged are a few sound effects and the CGI space ship at the beginning.

• Like 1

Btw; has anyone seen Dark Night of the Scarecrow?

It's an old made-for-TV special made by bloody CBS. The plot involves a southern backwater town lynches a disabled man whose blamed for a killing a child, and he returns as a Scarecrow to enact his revenge, wasn't bad XD They do alot of really creative things to keep the age rating down, but all the kills are really satisfying. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

https://movieweb.com/dead-space-john-carpenter-pitch/

Apparently he also wants to compose music for Video games, and asked game studios to get into contact with him XD

Damnit Bethesda, get on this!!!

Carpenter is a Fallout fan. The Master already looks like a Carpenter character. Give him the Vault Dweller’s memoirs and just let him adapt it into a movie!!!

Nothing would be better than getting the Master of Horror to make a movie about the Master of mutants.

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Damnit Bethesda, get on this!!!

Carpenter is a Fallout fan. The Master already looks like a Carpenter character. Give him the Vault Dweller’s memoirs and just let him adapt it into a movie!!!

Nothing would be better than getting the Master of Horror to make a movie about the Master of mutants.

I wouldn't even mind him just working on an OST (That's his secondary profession XD) for one of the games. He's the big name" fan of the series, so I would imagine Bethesda is aware of his love for the franchise.

I personally think he'd nail (though I think he'd do Fallout material Justice) Dead Space more, cause it's basically the Thing in Space XD

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I wouldn't even mind him just working on an OST (That's his secondary profession XD) for one of the games. He's the big name" fan of the series, so I would imagine Bethesda is aware of his love for the franchise.

And give up Inon Zur? No way! That guy has been doing the music for Fallout since the ye olden days. I’m sure Carpenter would do a good job, but I wouldn’t make that trade.

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I personally think he'd nail (though I think he'd do Fallout material Justice) Dead Space more, cause it's basically the Thing in Space XD

I dunno, I think the retro-style and old school mutant body horror of Fallout 1 actually far more resemble Carpenter at his best than Dead Space. Though I agree he would likely do a good job with either.

I dunno XD

TheSpace.jpeg

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

And give up Inon Zur? No way! That guy has been doing the music for Fallout since the ye olden days. I’m sure Carpenter would do a good job, but I wouldn’t make that trade.

I dunno, I think the retro-style and old school mutant body horror of Fallout 1 actually far more resemble Carpenter at his best than Dead Space. Though I agree he would likely do a good job with either.

Oh shit, Zur did the Fallout soundtracks? That makes alot of sense XD I know him mainly for Dragon Age. 

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Unlike last year which had a bunch of big releases, Alan Wake 2 is the only horror game I know that's coming out this month. So going to replay the Resident Evil Remakes (starting with 1) until that comes out. 

Can’t go wrong with that! 

I wish they’d remake 1 in the same style that they did 2 though 4. And I know 5 is probably gonna be next, but it would be awesome if they’d do Code Veronica after that instead of going to 6. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Can’t go wrong with that! 

I wish they’d remake 1 in the same style that they did 2 though 4. And I know 5 is probably gonna be next, but it would be awesome if they’d do Code Veronica after that instead of going to 6. 

Remake  1 is a remarkably aged game that still looks and feels amazing.  This game is twenty years old if you can believe it. 

In terms of tone, I think they made it dark enough it fits nicely alongside the newer remakes

ResidentEvil_1204_01.jpg

Code Veronica....would need alterations for a modern audience XD If I remember, the villains were incestuous aristocrats, and one was a legit crossdresser.

And yet the opera singing leeches from 0 still ended up being more ridiculous XD 

44 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Oh yeah, OG Claire would probably be someone cancelled on social media XD 

That’s why she makes my list of favorites where Jill and Chris do not. Claire in the 90s was the kind of gal you’d meet at a gun show who hand loads her own bullets and knew the truth about the moon landing. XD 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

And then there’s her brother Chris, a straight white cop who cut a bloody swath through both 3rd world and tribal Africa. It’s actually amazing that the Redfields haven’t been canceled yet. XD 

In George Romero's (sadly unused) scriptplay he wrote for his unmade Resident Evil movie, the Redfield were revealed to be half-Cherokee, which might be something Capcom might bring up to go around that XD

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

In George Romero's (sadly unused) scriptplay he wrote for his unmade Resident Evil movie, the Redfield were revealed to be half-Cherokee, which might be something Capcom might bring up to go around that XD

Because portraying Indians as the sort of people to cross the ocean just to wage war on primitive tribes would be so much better. XD 

Besides, the blue-eyed, ultra-white game versions of the Redfields being half Cherokee would be a tough sell.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Because portraying Indians as the sort of people to cross the ocean just to wage war on primitive tribes would be so much better. XD 

Besides, the blue-eyed, ultra-white game versions of the Redfields being half Cherokee would be a tough sell.

Some of there older renders actually could pass of being half

254ba50da94834ff99e8a482b0ddf611.jpge85d8ee493d83022864a7ee187d1a3a1.jpg