Spooktober Gaming

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Some of there older renders actually could pass of being half

The Chris one I could just about see; not so much the Claire one. And their more modern appearances look even less the part. They’re very much your typical fair-skinned, blue-eyed, brunettes. 

I think Shiva is the better cancel shield for RE5. :P But jokes aside, if there is one thing I’d most like to see from that game’s remake, it’ll be for her character to get expanded on. REmake 4 already did a ton for Louis and Ashley, so my hopes are pretty high.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog

If you could get a remake of any of the spinoffs, which would you choose? Can be anything, even the arcade games. But it’ll be done in the style of REmakes 2-4.

For me it’s Code Veronica, since it’s basically a direct sequel to 2. 

Capcom made a series of Resident Evil light gun games in the vein of House of the Dead, but made them fun, and added really important Lore scenarios. One of those was Operation Javier.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.286cb9792b9441753bcf6c5be5fd18c0.jpg

It's such an important event, they kept it for Remake 4 and is frequently mentioned. It was the operation that broke Leon and Krauser's partnership and sent the later down the path of evil. It'd be super cool to see it remade as a proper DLC scenraio in the Remake. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Capcom made a series of Resident Evil light gun games in the vein of House of the Dead, but made them fun, and added really important Lore scenarios. One of those was Operation Javier.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.286cb9792b9441753bcf6c5be5fd18c0.jpg

It's such an important event, they kept it for Remake 4 and is frequently mentioned. It was the operation that broke Leon and Krauser's partnership and sent the later down the path of evil. It'd be super cool to see it remade as a proper DLC scenraio in the Remake. 

Great answer. Are they done with DLC for RE4? If not, I’d love to see this as one. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog I know you’ve been busy with the move, but have you knocked out any more horror movies or games this October?

Quite a few XD

All the movies (mainly using shudder) have coalesced together, but the man ones I've been enjoying have been Criterion's selection of Pre-Hayes Code horror; most by Universal starring Boris Karloff and Bella Lugosi. (There's some really creepy gems like "The Old Dark House" and "The Black Cat) I got the 4k Remaster of the original Dracula and it came with the famous Spanish version, so I also watch both of those. Watched the new season of Creepshow too. 

In terms of games, this month I've played REmake 1, REmake 2, REmake 3, Castlevania, Castlevania Curse of Darkness, FEAR, and some DMC. Playing Dead Space Remake right now. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Well you’ve got me beat. XD I’ve been planning for days to get with some friends and watch Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but haven’t made the time.

I did convince my brother to get a Shudder account and will probably renew mine to catch some of that B movie cheese while it’s still in season.

The 70's remake is fucking great (the og too) There's alot of really twisted body horror that's comparable to the Thing XD

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh yeah, watched The Descent earlier on too. That’s a really good one. 

Which was the main inspiration for the Falmer in Skyrim XD

I'd highly recommend something by the same director; Dog Soldiers. It's about a Special Operation team of British soldiers getting lost in the woods...and being hunted by fucking Werewolves (Davos and Lucius Vorenus) XD

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Which was the main inspiration for the Falmer in Skyrim XD

I'd highly recommend something by the same director; Dog Soldiers. It's about a Special Operation team of British soldiers getting lost in the woods...and being hunted by fucking Werewolves (Davos and Lucius Vorenus) XD

I’m familiar. Dog Soldiers is awesome. :lol: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Okay good; Werewolf movies are so rare it's pretty much a must watch XD

You’re right. Which is weird because they’re like right there beside vampires and zombies as the go-to classic monsters. You’d think they’d be done more often.

Which does remind me, I also watched the early 2000s Van Helsing. Which is just an amazingly fun movie. XD I love that brief era of dark action "horror".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You’re right. Which is weird because they’re like right there beside vampires and zombies as the go-to classic monsters. You’d think they’d be done more often.

Which does remind me, I also watched the early 2000s Van Helsing. Which is just an amazingly fun movie. XD I love that era of dark action horror.

I loved that as a kid...a little bit less when I watched it later, but it's still a pulpy good time, even if it's in a dumb fun. A ton of good spectacle, which is ultimately all that matters. It's a good monster mash film. 

I think it might be the nature of Werewolves being a bit more in depth as monsters. With Zombies you can just have ghouls rising from there graves to eat brains. Vampires, a little moreso, but ultimately, you can just have the bloodsucker aspect with there allgericness to sunlight. 

Werewolves have there moon-cycle transformation shit. You have to incorporate that, how the person got bite, and then a transformation from a person to a wolf-beast. The very nature of a Werewolf compared to the others also means there usually alot more expensive XD Even if you go with the classical "wolf-man" rather then the (muchhhhhh cooler) full on lycantrope, the furry makeup is alot more indepth then a Zombies and Vampires. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I loved that as a kid...a little bit less when I watched it later, but it's still a pulpy good time, even if it's in a dumb fun. A ton of good spectacle, which is ultimately all that matters. It's a good monster mash film. 

I love it for different reasons now than I used to. Back then it was just a badass movie. Now it’s badass… and hilarious. XD 

Dracula and his brides make me laugh in almost every scene they appear. One of the best is when a bride is like "have you no heart?" and Dracula looks almost offended by the question and screams "NO!" :rofl: 

And Van Helsing having a fully automatic crossbow like some sort of max level video game protagonist is just too great. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Werewolves also have a sort of "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" thing going on, except more animalistic. Having them spend most of their time as a normal human who feels remorse and cannot help what he becomes just adds a fun extra layer for storytelling.

That was pretty much the entire plot of the original "The Wolfman" (and is my lowkey favorite of the original cycle) XD

Infact the original screenplay was going to make it ambiguous if the Werewolf was real, or just part of the protagonists psychosis...until an exec at Universal veto'd and said they had to have an actual Wolfman (which suits me fine XD   

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve never seen it. Is it even really capeshit? 

By technicality. Werewolf By Night as a comic series leaned into the horror aspect. Instead of super heroes, the stars are a Werewolf and a group of blood-crazy monster Hunters XD I'd highly recommend it, it's only fifty minutes too. (And filmed in black and white!) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

until an exec at Universal veto'd and said they had to have an actual Wolfman

This sentence is hilarious to me. XD Makes it sound like some crazy exec wants a literal wolfman on the set. 

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

By technicality. Werewolf By Night as a comic series leaned into the horror aspect. Instead of super heroes, the stars are a Werewolf and a group of blood-crazy monster Hunters XD I'd highly recommend it, it's only fifty minutes too. (And filmed in black and white!) 

I would, but that would require getting Disney+ again. Maybe when season 2 of Andor comes out so I can get a little extra bang for my buck. 

• Haha 1