Spooktober Gaming

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Nah, he's pretty active (again no spoilers) XD And the ending shows pretty well what his game is. (Again no spoilers...)

Fair enough. But I still think RE5 would only benefit from Code Veronica preceding it. It would give more context on both the main protagonist and antagonist of 5, and establish their rivalry.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They also recently put out a series of polls to get a read on what their fans want. Among the things on them were options for sequels or reboots of Dino Crisis! 

You know what I voted for. XD 

I pity-voted for your sake already XD

It'd be really cool though. Even if it was just reskinned RE like the first game, people would eat it up

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm seeing alot of people criticizing the new SH2 remake for "lacking in subtly".

Wait, we’ve barely even seen any gameplay from it. No story trailer either. How can anyone conclude that it’s lacking subtlety this early?

But yeah, I wouldn’t say Silent Hill in general has ever been especially subtle. Least not from what I remember of the old games. Even PT used a freaking fetus in a sink to represent a miscarriage or some shit. XD It’s a nice and scary franchise, but it’s no Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Wait, we’ve barely even seen any gameplay from it. No story trailer either. How can anyone conclude that it’s lacking subtlety this early?

But yeah, I wouldn’t say Silent Hill in general has ever been especially subtle. Least not from what I remember of the old games. Even PT used a freaking fetus in a sink to represent a miscarriage or some shit. XD It’s a nice and scary franchise, but it’s no Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

And had a fucking alcohol bag talk to you about your failings XD (But then again, Hideo was in charge :rofl:)

There is alot of really crazy details and story the game never dwells on that I wont spoiler, but it was always a balance of that with shit like XD The vibe they were trying to go with was Stephen King/David Lynch, which is likewise like that. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Playing some Symphony of the Night. Still a masterpiece. The premise is still great: put's you inside a giant, fully explorable castle, filled with all kinds of spooky content and secrets, and lets you go nuts. You have a robust gear and RPG system (including demon familiars, that level up with you and interact with the world in unique ways), and you have all of Alucard's insanely cool Vampire powers that help you with platforming and combat. 

And the music. Oh the music :violin:

And the pixel art.

d2a0092cb5b95f5718554fedaf725d13.gif

tumblr_nccf94p4te1rheorao1_640.gif06436de1f172f51744c4bd27b4fb2a06.gif

JcQzYR.gif

Getting ready for the Demon Castle Wars! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some good Silent Hill news for once. Bloober updated Jame's Remake look. He looks alot closer to the original game, just high fidelity. 

SH2-Remake-New-James.jpeg

I like the more subtlety tormented versus you know this guy has done something really fucked up XD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been replaying some Silent Hill 1. Barring the atmosphere being slightly hampered by the fact I know what movie they based it off of (still amazing), I forgot how disturbing the Elementary School Level is. Like I said, they modelled it after a real one and the CHILD enemies that you have to fight and kill make it really surreal (and it was infact censored in all but the American releases) 

tumblr_mcrs15ETQe1qd8t4mo1_500.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

To be fair, neither would 99% of Lone Wanderers if Bethesda had the balls to let us players the leash. XD 

Hey, at least you can make fun of them for being cannibals XD

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog On the topic of spookies, don’t forget, watch A Haunting in Venice. I’m telling you, it’s excellent. 

Planning too! I think it's Amazon Prime, so whenever I have my next spooky night.

• Like 1