Spooktober Gaming

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I want to shake the hand of whoever decided to turn 

Reveal hidden contents

the Burned Man into a giant, horrifying Wendigo-esque stalker enemy in the vein of Mr X that's impossible to kill 

XD 

Even then, he’s even more intimidating in his unmutated form. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I haven't played the Silent Hill 4 the Room in ages...and I forgot how fucking weird it is. It's like...the only horror game I know to have two perspectives (When your in your apartment, the titular "room", it's first person, while going exploring through the holes of reality that appear from the dark dimension it's third person). The plot is basically if a Japanese person watched Friday the 13th and decided to dose it with David Lynch. It's part slasher. The only Silent Hill game to be one. 

The story  perspective is really unique. Most of the game's story events take place in "The Room", and you return to it after certain story events (like finding your friend murdered) and you find out somehow they happened in real life despite it being a "dream". And a bunch of little dynamic hauntings (like hearing children whispering through the walls, or see a demon knocking on the door) can happen in the apartment. 

Feels the most like P.T out of all the original games. XD

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Fatal Frame was one, and I feel like they are very much up your alley. 

Oh another classic; i've played the first three (Crimson Butterfly is one of the scariest games ever made) XD Though if I remember you only switch to first person when you take out your camera.

On 10/5/2020 at 8:54 PM, BigBossBalrog said:

Whatabout you buster? Or are you too chicken this month? XD

I talked about it with doc yesterday. Mmm, I dunno any that I havent played that are really worth my time honestly XD Kinda just wanna play BB again lol

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

13 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I talked about it with doc yesterday. Mmm, I dunno any that I havent played that are really worth my time honestly XD Kinda just wanna play BB again lol

BORING...

It kinda is the perfect Halloween game though XD

tumblr_nncdxrLqnb1t6xtc8o6_540.gifv

Bloodborne_0a62b0_5487138.gif

cd28c37924cb17855ef7928ab1577af2.gif

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
Off topic, suck a fat one :P
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

First and only one really worth playing. XD 

Update us know how it’s going, but don’t look up anything! It is best played through blind the first time through.

Yeah I completely underestimated the game. Thinking "Ah jumpsares are all this game can scare me with".

How wrong I was, I'm about as nervous as the protagonist XD And aye, nothing will be looked up. 

Thankfully I know next to nothing about the story or spoilers, if I'm stuck and tried for a while to no success I'll just ask here for advice. 

23 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Yeah I completely underestimated the game. Thinking "Ah jumpsares are all this game can scare me with".

Yeah, jump scares are few and far between. It’s the tension and fear of what might be around the corner that’ll get ya. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

On 10/12/2020 at 12:56 AM, The Good Doctor said:

First and only one really worth playing. XD 

Update us know how it’s going, but don’t look up anything! It is best played through blind the first time through.

I thought you appreciated the high IQ required to enjoy a Machine for Pigs XD I loved the story, but from a gameplay and horror standpoint it was a huge step back XD

On 10/12/2020 at 1:14 AM, TheCzarsHussar said:

How wrong I was, I'm about as nervous as the protagonist XD And aye, nothing will be looked up. 

Thankfully I know next to nothing about the story or spoilers, if I'm stuck and tried for a while to no success I'll just ask here for advice. 

It's one of the most atmospheric games ever made; enjoy XD

I'm seeing more and more how similar P.T was to the Room. Just finished it. It's...an experience let me tell you. It has one of the coolest depiction of ghosts though. XD

There the tortured victims of a Serial Killer who are damned to roam SIlent Hill for all eternity in agony. Each ghost is unique though, they have unique moves, a unique appearance, a backstory and are basically mini bosses. You can fight them off in unique ways, like use Holy Candles and Crosses to ward them off.   You CANNOT kill them though. There's "five holy swords" you can use to trap them in a single spot (and they'll stop spawning in other levels), but there's only five swords, and you can only use them on five ghosts. 

7ae9f26e54e868caa845f6a3a050ff55.gif

Oh and it's equivalent of Mr X (Stalker) is an insane serial killer Hobo that carries a million guns and chases you throughout the second half 

26 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I thought you appreciated the high IQ required to enjoy a Machine for Pigs XD I loved the story, but from a gameplay and horror standpoint it was a huge step back XD

I enjoyed Machine for Pigs, but I totally understand why so many people didn’t. The gameplay is really weak.

By comparison, Dark Descent was revolutionary for the genre and a must-play for horror fans. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I enjoyed Machine for Pigs, but I totally understand why so many people didn’t. The gameplay is really weak.

By comparison, Dark Descent was revolutionary for the genre and a must-play for horror fans. 

It was made by the people who did Dear Esther, which is considered one of the first walking sims XD It's an enjoyable Walking Sim (with a great story/atmosphere) but a Walking Sim with a hugely stripped down gameplay array (not sanity, no light mechanic, no resource management, almost no puzzles a single enemy type). 

But holy fuck this part will always give me chills XD