Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #30

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

I really doubt after purchasing Beth and there IP’s for $7.5 Billion they want to wait until 2030 for the next fallout game

9 times out of 10, I would say that I don’t want a big corporation pushing creators to change the way they’re doing things, but Bethesda is definitely a case of #10. XD If their recent track record had been better, I’d be more open to the idea of waiting ten years for a sequel, but as it stands another FO4 or 76 isn’t really worth that wait for me anyway.

HBO and Game of Thrones would’ve been another case of that. I still wish they’d stepped in when D&D insisted on only eight seasons with the last two being shortened.

6 hours ago, Centurion said:

I really doubt after purchasing Beth and there IP’s for $7.5 Billion

You know what’s crazy? Disney only paid around $4 billion each for Marvel and LucasFilm.

So Microsoft almost paid as much for Bethesda and Zenimax as Disney paid for Marvel and Star Wars combined!

That’s insane. I agree. There’s no way they don’t have big plans for an investment like that. 

So remember when a certain Nord became a briarheart and weird things started happening with him, a priest, and a certain blonde headed Nord?

Turns our, eso is making this an official thing in the lore bitches XD Briarhearts are a reflection of Lorkhan and his heart. :P :P :P 

MK LORE NERDS WIN AGAIN

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So remember when a certain Nord became a briarheart and weird things started happening with him, a priest, and a certain blonde headed Nord?

Turns our, eso is making this an official thing in the lore bitches XD Briarhearts are a reflection of Lorkhan and his heart. :P :P :P 

MK LORE NERDS WIN AGAIN

We all loved Brund.  I think it was more the 0s and 1s computery stuff in that one post that may have weirded some people out. XD 

26 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Which is also still lore friendly thanks to Sotha Sil :P 

and the Psijics.

Hey, I wasn’t against the idea. I had fun reading that post. :lol: I think I just I said at the time I would’ve like it more with a different symbol other than 1s and 0s. Like the unique runes on the Eye of Magnus or something. But it wasn’t a big deal to me.

Although I wouldn’t say that Sotha Sil’s use of logic coding would likely have much to do with Hagraven witchcraft. XD 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hey, I wasn’t against the idea. I had fun reading that post. :lol: I think I just I said at the time I would’ve like it more with a different symbol other than 1s and 0s. Like the unique runes on the Eye of Magnus or something. But it wasn’t a big deal to me.

Although I wouldn’t say that Sotha Sil’s use of logic coding would likely have much to do with Hagraven witchcraft. XD 

I did use the Magnus symbols XD 

Anyway, lol the hagraven had little to do with the actual weird shit going on beyond her wrecking of Brund’s soul. All of that is really an accident, an organic occurrence. 

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

We all loved Brund.  I think it was more the 0s and 1s computery stuff in that one post that may have weirded some people out. XD 

3 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Which is also still lore friendly thanks to Sotha Sil :P 

and the Psijics.

It was me I didn’t like it lol. Liked the post, not the computery stuff

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

22 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently the Xbox port of Morrowind was so half assed, the super long loading screens in between regions was the XBOX rebooting itself XD

My most recent replay of Morrowind was on the Xbox One. It was such a relief to me that the loading screens were super short, because the minutes-long ones from the old days were still burned into my mind. 

Guys I had a mini heart attack. Nick replaced my shitty case with his old one and after two long hours of dismantling and reinstalling then having issues with bootup we finally figured out what the problem was.

I used one of his old Ps4 hard drives as storage and it fucking cracked during the process and it was fucking bootup and kicking me to bios. Gonna have to buy another storage but thank god.

28 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@ColonelKillaBee

That is to say I've had to uninstall the biggest game on my harddrive, ESO to make room for a few smaller ones I've lost. I know it ain't a big loss, but I can't even play eso with y'all until I buy another drive.

Lol you good bud, I have no expectations for you to play eso. Glad your stuff is fixed.

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

In antiquity when Alduin was flung into the future with the Elder Scroll (Samurai Dov?) was it instant from his perception or did he have to endure the full brunt of time and wait literally thousands of years before resurfacing?

I don’t think the game ever says, but I can’t think of any reason why it wouldn’t have been instant. That’s how I’ve always viewed it at least. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t think the game ever says, but I can’t think of any reason why it wouldn’t have been instant. That’s how I’ve always viewed it at least. 

Alduin must have been pretty pleased that (minus the Dragonborn) the only tongues left in Skyrim were a bunch of hippies. Very little to worry about, at least at first. XD

• Like 1