Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #30

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

What kind of battlemage? Centurion is right about the magic system in Morrowind being great. Pretty much every school is capable of being OP to the point of broken, but only if you go out of your way to make it so.

RP-wise, are you planning on having him accept or reject that he is the Nerevarine? What factions will he be joining?

I'll say right off the bat the RP aspect isnt kicking in for a little while. Because I'm following some early exploits for gold, Teutorivel Winter-Whipped is more of an insane murderhobo that steals everything he can get away with.

Eventually Ill branch out into using frost and fire magic, calling forth his ancestors (like the Fryse Hags from Bloodmoon) and restoration. Mixed in with some major skill alteration and minor alchemy, enchanting and mysticism to help boost and create custom spells and make use of the Nords exceptional enchantments.

Don't know how Ill take the story though, probably reject the prophecy. No son of Skyrim is possessed by a knife-eared legacy >:(

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not sure how I feel about this, but I’ll forgive Microsoft for a lot of the things I’ve complained about them for if they allow Obsidian to make another Fallout game. XD 

Exactly lol. And if they can whip Beth into shape and save Elder Scrolls 6

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Don't know how Ill take the story though, probably reject the prophecy. No son of Skyrim is possessed by a knife-eared legacy >:(

At this point in history, most Nords were in good with the Empire. Lots of them signed on with the Legion for the chance to explore and make some coin. You might want to consider that and the Mages/Fighters Guild so your guy has some friends in this weird foreign land.

Stuff like the Temple and Great Houses sounds a little too native for him.

• Like 1

I wonder if Microsoft apparently replacing Zenimax as a publisher will result in Beth games cooling down with the microtransactions, overpriced low effort DLCs, forced online, and the whoring out of our poor Dovahkiin.

From what I remember, a lot of people used to say that that stuff was pushed by them more so than the game developers at Bethesda.

32 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I wonder if Microsoft apparently replacing Zenimax as a publisher will result in Beth games cooling down with the microtransactions, overpriced low effort DLCs, forced online, and the whoring out of our poor Dovahkiin.

From what I remember, a lot of people used to say that that stuff was pushed by them more so than the game developers at Bethesda.

Maybe they'll destroy Fallout 76 XD 

My dream is that there is some legendary Fallout fan out there with an absolutely unshakable will. He saw his most beloved franchise going in a direction that worried him and decided to take it upon himself to do something about it. He joined Microsoft as an intern, but using the most cutthroat methods imaginable, he climbed the ranks enough to get Microsoft to purchase both Obsidian and Bethesda. All as part of one fan’s grand scheme to right the (Fallout) world’s wrongs and, at long last, get a sequel to New Vegas.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

ZeniMax was no longer the publisher by the time we got all that. Bethesda softworks was.

Which is also considered “the publishing branch of Zenimax” XD 

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

ZeniMax was no longer the publisher by the time we got all that. Bethesda softworks was.

Bethsoft published the games but I’m pretty sure it’s all under the Zenimax blanket. But whether it was one of the Bethesdas, Zenimax, or both, I don’t really care. My point was that it’ll be interesting to see if Microsoft’s purchase changes the way they do this kind of stuff.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Bethsoft published the games but I’m pretty sure it’s all under the Zenimax blanket. But whether it was one of the Bethesdas, Zenimax, or both, I don’t really care. My point was that it’ll be interesting to see if Microsoft’s purchase changes the way they do this kind of stuff.

I added more to my post :) 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

At the end of the day, they’re all part of the same entity. Bethesda basically created Zenimax to be their publisher, then I guess they created Bethsoft to do it. But it’s all semantics and not really the point of what I was saying. 

Mkay dude no need to be defensive XD You said "from what I remember", meaning you didn't recall, so I figured I'd just remind you because it is confusing... It wasn't me being oh contrere

Also because I want Bethesda softworks to get their proper blame. They're under the same entity yea, for all intents and purposes they are one, but it was still the people from Beth Softworks that made these decisions even if Zeni didn't interfere. Why would they, it makes them money.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

And Brian Fargo, who made Wasteland which inspired Fallout.

Obsidian also has Tim Cain now, who founded Fallout. 

I really doubt after purchasing Beth and there IP’s for $7.5 Billion they want to wait until 2030 for the next fallout game, considering at this moment Fallout 4 is the most “successful” game they have released. So please please please Microsoft let Tim Cain Sawyer, Todd, and all the passionate people they own fuck me up with the best fallout in the series lol

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw: