Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #30

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Wait, so they decided to stop making it an anime series 16 games in? 

You can see some influence still, but it's very muted. There's political intrigue, a ton of blood, armoured knights, alot more grizzled people. A completely medieval setting.  It's fucking strange

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

You can see some influence still, but it's very muted. There's political intrigue, a ton of blood, armoured knights, alot more grizzled people. A completely medieval setting.  It's fucking strange

I mean personally, I wouldn’t be interested either way, but that is curious to me. It’s like if they made the next Call of Duty a bubbly cartoon, or Mario a hyper realistic adventure game. 

4 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Harry Potter fucking RPG

Well that’s out of the blue. I feel like this is half a decade too late. XD 

So we’ve got God of War teased, Demon Souls looking glorious, a deweebified weeb game, and Harry Potter. I bet you can guess which two I’ll be getting. :P Was there anything else worth mention?

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I hope we actually get to kill some famous Norse stuff, not c list Norse deities and trolls only dedicated fans of Norse Mythology know about XD 

Don’t read, Colonel

You could argue that we’ve already had one of the biggest influences possible on Norse mythology considering Kratos’ three "victims" in the first game were the three gods meant to survive/return from death to after Ragnorak. We killed their future. 

I also wouldn’t really call Baldr obscure. Though I’d bet anything we take on Thor in the next one and Odin in the one after that. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well that’s out of the blue. I feel like this is half a decade too late. XD 

So we’ve got God of War teased, Demon Souls looking glorious, a deweebified weeb game, and Harry Potter. I bet you can guess which two I’ll be getting. :P Was there anything else worth mention?

It's kinda coolish. It's an OPen World Harry Potter RPG made by a very good studio, Avalanche. 

Just a new trailer for Village and Dishonored with Guns XD Not going to lie, they turned Resident Evil into Bloodborne, which i'm all on board with. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Don’t read, Colonel

Hide contents

You could argue that we’ve already had one of the biggest influences possible on Norse mythology considering Kratos’ three "victims" in the first game were the three gods meant to survive/return from death to after Ragnorak. We killed their future. 

I also wouldn’t really call Baldr obscure. Though I’d bet anything we take on Thor in the next one and Odin in the one after that. 

Baldr is in a weird spot, he's like B-List. He's important, but he was only really important because of what his death involved.  But for sure him being in God of War has sky rocketed his popularity. 

Since it's called Ragnarok, I have no doubt we'll be killing some of the big ones though. Hopefully some of the big monsters too XD Only real one in the reboot was the Dragon... 

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Just a new trailer for Village and Dishonored with Guns XD Not going to lie, they turned Resident Evil into Bloodborne, which i'm all on board with. 

Man, that is the least RE-looking RE game I’ve ever seen. XD Basically everything Colonel said about RE7‘s differences applies here, except now even the setting has taken a sharp turn. Not that I’m complaining. It still looks great and you know I liked 7 a lot. 

All-in-all, between Village and the new Amnesia game, 2021 looks like it could shape up to be amazing an year for first person horror. I might have to travel across the state to visit my friend with the VR set. XD 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Man, that is the least RE-looking RE game I’ve ever seen. XD Basically everything Colonel said about RE7‘s differences applies here, except now even the setting has taken a sharp turn. Not that I’m complaining. It still looks great and you know I liked 7 a lot. 

All-in-all, between Village and the new Amnesia game, 2021 looks like it could shape up to be amazing an year for first person horror. I might have to travel across the state to visit my friend with the VR set. XD 

I really like the Coraline-esque animation that happens when Mia tells her story. And the enemies look horrifying; Werewolves! Werewolves!!! 

I just love like Resident Evil 7 was a love letter to Southern Horror (Chainsaw Massacre, Rob Zombie, Hills have Eyes), Village seems to be loving homage to Gothic Horror. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I just love like Resident Evil 7 was a love letter to Southern Horror (Chainsaw Massacre, Rob Zombie, Hills have Eyes)

Oh yeah, I agree big time. As good as Village looks, I don’t know if it’ll be able to match the excitement I felt for RE7 and it’s setting. The Baker family felt like they could’ve been my mutated cousins. XD