Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #30

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Oh yeah, I agree big time. As good as Village looks, I don’t know if it’ll be able to match the excitement I felt for RE7 and it’s setting. The Baker family felt like they could’ve been my mutated cousins. XD 

You know how much I wish I had Joe Baker as my cousin XD

The only problem with the Bakers was they were too good. As soon as they left the game, they quality dropped. (Not a bad ending by any means, but the finally third of the game wasn't nearly as good as the parts in the mansion.)  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The only problem with the Bakers was they were too good. As soon as they left the game, they quality dropped. (Not a bad ending by any means, but the finally third of the game wasn't nearly as good as the parts in the mansion.)  

Absolutely. Hell, I'd go so far as to say that the final third of the game was actually pretty weak, and if the whole thing was of that quality, I wouldn't even really like it. But the first 2/3 carry it hard. The Bakers are great antagonists, but also the setting is just way richer and more detailed than the part that comes after. It feels like they poured their all into the game, but then ran out of time and rushed out the final portion.

Again, they really went all out with the 80's/90's horror references. Lucas was a Southern Jigsaw and his area was themed around getting around death traps. Marguerite was the "bell Witch" archetype with control over insects and one of the most fucked up boss fights. And Jack was the Chainsaw Serial Killer who relentlessly pursued you as the Stalker. As a horror buff, it was great to see this movie archetypes transferred to the gaming medium, and used so effectively by people who had done there homework on these movies. Who knew Japanese people could do Southern horror so well XD

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Considering how smooth, detailed, and well-animated Ghost of Tsushima, (sigh) TLoU2, and even God of War are, I would've thought it could. But I really don't know.

Mind you, It's also  running at 60 FPS, full HD. XD

Just a heads up for everyone

If the site is being screwy for you right now, like icons appearing as empty boxes or you not being able to click on certain options, just scroll to the bottom of the page and change your theme to Uniform Dark for now until it gets fixed. It seems the problem is only related to the Carbon (default) theme. 

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Just a heads up for everyone

If the site is being screwy for you right now, like icons appearing as empty boxes or you not being able to click on certain options, just scroll to the bottom of the page and change your theme to Uniform Dark for now until it gets fixed. It seems the problem is only related to the Carbon (default) theme. 

Actually, this seems to only work as a solution on desktop.

On my phone, it doesn't matter what theme I'm using. None of them work.

Mind you, people are right to call it a depature, but alot of people have pointed it how similar it is to Resident Evil 4. Which had

A bunch of angry European Peasants armed like a Dracula-film (Infected with parasites rather then being Zombies)

latest?cb=20080217052403

A castle 

latest?cb=20200116040338

And a sketchy as fuck Merchant. 

450?cb=20120116022101

The difference being it's embracing Gothic horror way more, has Werewolves and other Lycantopes as enemies, and looks to be super survival horror focused. And no Minigun cultists XD

latest?cb=20110309074713

On 9/16/2020 at 4:29 AM, TheCzarsHussar said:

@ColonelKillaBee

Oh god I accidentally stumbled upon fucking crazy ass shit like Dracohrysalis, and Ysgramor (and) Ysmaalithax. Outlandish theories of Nords from the Kalpa before the current one becoming metaphysical world eaters of the preceding cycle and traveling into the current kalpa, shit like that.

Personally it's a little too far fetched, but some of the theories were pretty interesting to read.

Stay out of Reddit, do yourself a favor lol

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee