Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #30

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Turkey automatically backs anyone opposing the Armenians. 

That’s why it’s awkward for Russia. They have a defense pact with Armenia but also deep economic ties with Turkey.

11 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Obviously I don't want aaaany American involvement.

Ditto. Most involvement I’d care to see from the States is cheerleading Russia’s efforts to renegotiate a cease-fire but nothing more. It’s not out business.

An interesting thing I thought about when viewing the closeups of Sea Giant models in ESO. At first I was pretty disappointed that they look nothing like the mammoth herding giants of Skyrim, then it dawned on me. Perhaps they don't look like giants because they're much closer to the Atmorans of old than any Nord or Giant. Perhaps even being Atmorans.

That being the case, the OG (non Redguard) humans had fucking bluish skin :rofl:

(I'm hotlinking images, let me know if they aren't showing up)

49841386771_590d36ec76_c.jpg

49833161136_f3d3f7ba8c_c.jpg

49825514021_4a5bc0a703_c.jpg
49825827907_d34bd75e9e_c.jpg

They could be giants of/from atmora but I don’t think Atmorans themselves were blue, they’re said to be the color of the sea of ghosts and they’re completely immune to its cold, so I’d call it an adaptation of when things got even colder later.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Sea giants are so rare that I doubt 99% of players would encounter more than one, and I doubt many at all will actually look at his helmeted face up close. It’s probably just a case of the devs reusing their vanilla character creation assets rather than putting needless effort into a new model for something virtually nobody will see. Kinda like how sea elves were just shorter white Altmer until Summerset overhauled them.

Semantics I guess but I dunno there’s a whole island dedicated to them plus a unique world boss. And a skin in relation to them. If they were in the base game I’d agree but to me their appearance was pretty deliberate. 

edit: If they wanted, they also could've just reused the assets from the eso base game giants instead.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

99% of players or people? Because it’s definitely more than that for players only because of that last event we had and all the grinding for dailies we did. If not for that then it’d be lower.

Players I’d assume. I said more than one because the daily takes you to Ymgar and he’s the only one most people would see. Only the hardcores will ever go to Kyne’s Aegis, meaning the world boss is all they’d ever see.

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

edit: If they wanted, they also could've just reused the assets from the eso base game giants instead.

Maybe they didn’t want them to look exactly like normal giants either. Or maybe these faces were easier to put a helmet over that would also work when scaled for players. All I’m saying is that they’ve done this before with races that were featured much more prominently.

Their general appearance does look pretty deliberate to me, but the faces I think could go either way. 

The dailies also took you to the island that was being attacked by them. Like I said though its semantics. I wasnt even thinking of Kyne's Aegis lol, so thats three instances, and Aegis is considered a big one, thats at least a fourth of the community tbh

Ah the faces seems like a small thing to me in general but if I had to take a guess, it would be because these giants procreate more with humans, IE they clearly rape Nord women going off of their half giant offspring. 

So in that sense, it was less work to make the big ones have more human faces, and it also makes them look more distinct. So the answer could be both

I'd agree with the sea elf thing if they hadn't done the opposite of that. Instead of being more distinct after the dlc, they went from an already unique character model to another unique character model and even gave them unique knot markings, or at least the tattoos for their skin has them, cant recall if the actual sea giants ever have those white markings