Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

FYI, Machine guns are fun as fuck like awesomely fun, but only when they function as they are supposed to XD the M249 SAW is supposed to go “Pew pew pew” but most of the time it goes “pew pew KCHUNK” followed by a “MOTHERFUCKER” and racking the bolt multiple times :rofl:

Edited by Centurion
  • Haha 2

Fuck:dntknw:

I knew it XD No way was bioware gonna put out a game that pretty and multiplayer open world like that.

Not their first try.

And lol I forgot how cheesy that shit was, all of those scripted multiplayer scenes are so fucking lame.

Anyway, I'm glad. Let them die off already. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll give up on it early and put all their attention on Dragon Age. 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I didn’t even know Bioware were the ones making that game. It never had my attention at all.

It has none of their trademarks. No big story decisions. No dialogue trees. No romances. No deep NPC interactions. No complex party system. No relationship mechanics for you're squad. Zip. Nadda. NUTHING Biowarish. It's Destiny with Iron Man suits. 

It's like if CD Red made a generic shooter, or Fromsoft made something with difficulty options. Or Bethesda making a game that isn't buggy.

• Haha 2

Aren't graphical downgrades pretty much standard? They make it as pretty as they can at first, usually on a PC build, but then have to make all the mechanics work with the hardware. Same thing happened with Witcher 3. Some people were really ragey about that.

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I didn’t even know Bioware were the ones making that game. It never had my attention at all.

I did because the rumor of them shutting down bioware if this fails is so prevalent. I mean, I really doubt that will happen, but a girl can dream.

What I really want though is for them to get the hint, and for EA to take their dick out of Bioware's ass already.

1 minute ago, Celan said:

Aren't graphical downgrades pretty much standard? They make it as pretty as they can at first, usually on a PC build, but then have to make all the mechanics work with the hardware. Same thing happened with Witcher 3. Some people were really ragey about that.

It wasn't anywhere near that bad though. And this usually only happens for multiplatform games. Which this is, which is why I expected it, but if you look at that video it is a day and night difference.

I hardly noticed the difference for Witcher 3 before and after.

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

EH, it isn't as bad as before, these days to be honest. Nothing will EVER compare to this. 

maxresdefault.jpg

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It wasn't anywhere near that bad though. And this usually only happens for multiplatform games. Which this is, which is why I expected it, but if you look at that video it is a day and night difference.

I hardly noticed the difference for Witcher 3 before and after.

It was pretty bad. They had to really change some things so it ran on consoles properly.

admvLGj.jpg

Game still looks amazing if you have a high end PC even to this day.

As for console gamers, I'm sorry but these things are a piece of shit. It's like 8 years behind in power and graphical capability. Its a miracle they run these sort of games at all.

But if that Anthem game looks that shitty on PC as well, it is an epic fail.

23 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

As for console gamers, I'm sorry but these things are a piece of shit. It's like 8 years behind in power and graphical capability. Its a miracle they run these sort of games at all.

But if that Anthem game looks that shitty on PC as well, it is an epic fail.

They're designing games to console standards mostly, even if they run marginally better on PC. Consoles always hold us back. I won't complain about that too much though, because I don't really give a shit about graphics and it allows me to extend the life of a PC and not spend so much money on this silly hobby.

It’s no more silly than any other hobby, like my collecting rocks, or Centurion collecting bottles on his room floor XD 

I wish I could still say I don’t care about graphics, but the bar has been set pretty high in recent years.

Back in the day prettier games typically relied on that as a selling point and games that had fantastic graphics and good story, gameplay etc were rare. They’re becoming less so nowadays and Id like more games that can fully utilize my 1600 dollar machine.